Dubai-DR DIRECT REGULAR flights by Amirate Airlines!!

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
MANY NEGATIVE OPINIONS GOING AROUND HERE, OFF COURSE THIS CAN CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE TIMES, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC IS GETTING MUCH POPULAR THAN EVER, WITH this agreement we can change one whole industry. Look IRAN AIR that is flying now from Tehran to Caracas, so if Venezuela can have an middle east route so we can do it.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, Iran Air to Caracas? Probably a route financed by Chavez, to have a direct link with his "axis of evil" friends. Cubana to Cuba, Iran Air to Iran, now only NorthKorean Airways route is missing. Imagine PhyongYang to Caracas! What a route would THAT be!!! Too bad oil prices jumped so high only in the past 3 years. He could have had a route to Kabul with TallibanAir and Bagdad with Air Saddam as well, had high oil prices (and oil revenues) and nationalization happened prior to 2001. He (Chavez) must be quite upset!

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Like I said, neither Syria nor Iran, ..

The Dubai International Airport is a hub for Emirates Airline and has a large duty-free shopping center. ...A third terminal is currently under construction and is due to open in 2007. The new terminal will be dedicated to Emirates Airline ..

Dubai World Central International Airport, currently under construction, will make a new free trade area within Dubai and will be the centerpiece of the Jebel Ali Airport City. The airport was announced in 2004 and construction began in January 2005. The first part is expected to be completed by 2008. Although initially intended as a predominantly cargo airport, plans are afoot for the new Jebel Ali airport to handle some 120 million passengers per annum within 20 years, which would likely surpass Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, as the world's busiest airport.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-3>[4]</SUP>

Dubai's expectations of an exponential rise in passenger traffic over its skies is built on the presumption that it would become the ideal air hub for transiting travelers from the Asia-Pacific Region, South Asia, Greater Middle-east, Africa, Europe, and Australia (for the Kangaroo route--Australia to Europe/Britain and vice versa).
Transportation in Dubai

Dubai World Central

At the heart of this huge new community (Dubai World Central) is the Dubai World Central International Airport, the world's largest passenger and cargo hub, ten times larger than Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined.

The airport will have an annual cargo capacity of 12 million tons, more than three times that of Memphis, today's largest cargo hub, and a passenger capacity of more than 120 million - almost 50% more than Atlanta, currently the world's busiest passenger airport.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Wrote to Emirates (3 times) asking if there was a timetable for flights and they never responded. A source in the know said that the memorandum of understanding only opens the possibility for the start of talks, but there is nothing planned that a date can be set on.

May I note that the Dominican Republic has sent Hugo Guilliani Cury, a former Dominican ambassador to Washington, D.C. and banker, to be the country's first ambassador in Dubai, Qatar. And most important, a Dubai company owns the important multi-modal cargo port, Punta Caucedo that always had plans to operate jointly with operations at the nearby Las Americas International Airport. DP World, the company, is one of the three largest port operators in the world.

A search of the archives of DR1 gives insights into what could be behind the memorandum of understanding.

Sultan visits President, port to expand
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, president of DP World, one of the three largest port operators in the world and shareholder and operator of Caucedo Multimodal Port, visited President Leonel Fernandez yesterday as part of a tour of the 52 ports the company holds around the world. During the visit, he reportedly expressed an interest in exploring areas for new investment in the Dominican Republic. The tycoon, who two years ago purchased a significant part of the Caucedo Multi Modal Free Zone, is particularly interested in "expanding the port, building a logistics center, and developing real estate projects in general". The Sultan spoke during a press conference after meeting with President Fernandez in the Presidential Palace. During the meeting, he was accompanied by Foreign Relations Minister Carlos Morales Troncoso and the president and vice President of Caucedo Multimodal Port Jaak Rannik and Manuel Enrique Tavares. Sulayem said to the president that he was very satisfied with the port's operations. (DR1 Daily News 27 July 2006)

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
May I note that the Dominican Republic has sent Hugo Guiliani Cury, a former Dominican ambassador to Washington, D.C. and banker, to be the country's first ambassador in Dubai, Qatar. And most important, a Dubai company owns the important multi-modal cargo port, Punta Caucedo that always had plans to operate jointly with operations at the nearby Las Americas International Airport. DP World, the company, is one of the three largest port operators in the world.

aegap said:
.. CARGO flights may an additional great option.

More importantly, both Dubai Ports World and Emirates Airlines are WHOLELY OWNED by the same entety, the government of Dubai, and Caucedo is more than just a port.

DP World:

The new terminal facility was constructed on a Greenfield site within a free trade zone (Zona Franca Multimodal, ZFM). Adjacent to the container terminal the Caucedo Logistics Centre will be developed allowing for direct access to both the new container terminal and the Las Americas International Airport to provide unparalleled logistics services.
__

As the operator of the Free Trade Zone Port, Caucedo is chartered to build the infrastructure appropriate for manufacturing and producing of merchandise, the handling of imports, exports, re-exports, by air, sea or land, containerized or not; customs brokerage services; security and custody of the facilities, among others.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The companies operating within the Free Zone are authorized the following activities: reception, discharge, un-consolidation, repackaging, re-labeling, transforming, warehousing and delivery of containers; establishments of Customs bonded warehousing; customs brokerage; selling, financing and/or insurance services for the goods destined for export or the local market; telecommunication services as well as the operation of regional centers for data processing; container repairs, among others.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Unfortunately all these facts are not enough for direct nonstop service on a route that can be operated nonstop only on A340-500 or A380, it is too far and there is no demand for permanent service. People from UAE need to get visa in order to enter DR, so dominicans for UAE. Imagine the price of the ticket for DXB SDQ DXB route. If Emirates will have tooooo many passengers for the Caribbean they can offer connections via PAR or US.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
...'' Sultan visits President, port to expand
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, president of DP World, one of the three largest port operators in the world and shareholder and operator of Caucedo Multimodal Port, visited President Leonel Fernandez yesterday as part of a tour of the 52 ports the company holds around the world. During the visit, he reportedly expressed an interest in exploring areas for new investment in the Dominican Republic. The tycoon, who two years ago purchased a significant part of the Caucedo Multi Modal Free Zone, is particularly interested in "expanding the port, building a logistics center, and developing real estate projects in general". The Sultan spoke during a press conference after meeting with President Fernandez in the Presidential Palace. During the meeting, he was accompanied by Foreign Relations Minister Carlos Morales Troncoso and the president and vice President of Caucedo Multimodal Port Jaak Rannik and Manuel Enrique Tavares. Sulayem said to the president that he was very satisfied with the port's operations. (DR1 Daily News 27 July 2006)
It has been awhile since this news came out , I wonder if anyone heard any news on developing any real estate projects in the DR ( and where ) . It would be very interesting to see such development tycoon like Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem in DR who as well is the executive chairman of Al Nakheel ( Nakheel - Where Vision Inspires Humanity ) major real estate developer in Dubai and creator of several land reclamation projects, including the Palm Islands, the Dubai Waterfront, and The World etc. , all well known projects in Dubai where they had to extend the coast line .

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Nada

Nada imminent according to the commercial director of the Dubai airport.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Last edited:

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I think that the points about visas are valid but please keep in mind the huge number of expats that live and work in the gulf area/SE Asia that would not need a visa to enter the DR and that might like a little R&R on an island that is proud of its beer. :cheeky:

As far Emirates being an expensive airline it is actually very reasonable and the service is outstanding - while we miss living in the DR moving over to this area of the world was def. an upgrade in the choice of airlines available. I even prefer PIA to American........:laugh: Although it takes a while for you to get used to hearing "we will be landing at 8:00.....inshallah" Most North Americans prefer to not rely on fate quite so much. ;)

This route could def. develop in the future in my opinion.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

If and really If and when Emirates looks to fly into D.R., it will be a stop over on its way to Panama or similiar market. I was in Dubai last week and will be there in 2 weeks again. Markets similar to D.R. dont have any sense in flying to as a main destination. Tourist that are in Dubai have tremendous options of beautiful beaches to visit in the Far East and Indian Ocean that beat DR beaches hands down. Why fly 15 hours each way - when you can go to a better and cheaper beach 4 to 5 flying hours away. Be realistic, the D.R. Govt loves to enter into such potential LOI's to show the world the tremendous growth on its way- nada - nada - nada - Reality for a real country to build a full scale airline operation and move into the market the way Emirates does before it starts flying to any location is not happening here - transit point - maybe way down the road -depending on a market like panama etc - that does carry value for the arabs to fly to - not a sankie island - get real - these are not dime n nickel tourist -

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
There can be a good demand if people actually find out what we have to offer them. There were times when europeans would flock to Thailand for beach and sexual adventures now they come to Caribbean for the same. Thailand has become so filthy that only a few selected visit there.

AZB,

What do you when when you say Thailand is filthy? I was in Thailand briefly, which I was jet lagged almost the whole time, and was thinking of going back to see more of the country? Are you talking pollution, or sleaze?

maurice051

Feb 15, 2006
Flights to Dubai

I live in Dubai and I want to bring my girlfried to dubai for few days, my question is what Dominicans need to visit UE or Dubai and wich airline fly to dubai from Santo Domingo. Thank you

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Timatic-3 / 12oct09 / 1945 utc
national dominican republic (do)
destination united arab emirates (ae)

visa destination united arab emirates (ae)

...... Normal passports only ......
Passport required.
- passport or passport replacing documents of visitors must be
valid for:
>mdti
>mdti
- at least 3 months from the date of entry, for visits of up
to 3 months; or
- at least 6 months from the date of entry, for visits
exceeding 3 months.

Visa required.

Visa issuance:
- on arrival: If required,
- a pre-arranged before travel, 30 day visit visa (fee
>mdti
>mdti
varies) which can be renewed for a further period of 30
days; or
- a pre-arranged before travel, 30 day tourist visa (fee
varies) which cannot be renewed.
To pre-arrange both types of visa, it takes at least 7 days
to process the visa after receiving the application. In both
cases the passenger must >tidft/ae/vi/is/id20949 (see note
14046)
note 14046: Even if a passenger holds proof that he will
be met by the sponsor at the airport, deportation on the
>mdti
>mdti
same flight will follow if the sponsor (or his
representative) is not present at the time of passenger's
arrival at the airport. The immigration officer on duty may
waive this ruling and allow the passenger to depart on a
later date or await a visa.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Unfortunately all these facts are not enough for direct nonstop service on a route that can be operated nonstop only on A340-500 or A380, it is too far and there is no demand for permanent service. People from UAE need to get visa in order to enter DR, so dominicans for UAE. Imagine the price of the ticket for DXB SDQ DXB route. If Emirates will have tooooo many passengers for the Caribbean they can offer connections via PAR or US.

Traffic will soon build! This service opens up the whole of Asia to DR travellers!

Yanandu.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Visa for a Dominican to Dubai

I live in Dubai and I want to bring my girlfried to dubai for few days, my question is what Dominicans need to visit UE or Dubai and wich airline fly to dubai from Santo Domingo. Thank you

Had the recent experience (October-November) of flying with a Dominican passport to Dubai on Emirates. First was a transit stay for which no visa was required. Next a re-entry when the stay was 36 hours, we had our one-night hotel reservation (recall was a 3 day authorization). For this on a Dominican passport the visa was arranged by the airline staff. It took about two hours but that was because the staff had not seen a Dominican passport.

So the passport had to be seen by two inspectors and then sent to their heads. They all thought it was funny. One inspector said he had worked for 5 years and never seen a Dominican passport, another said he had worked for 12 years and not seen one. Otherwise it was an easy procedure. We already had a hotel reservation.

I would think for longer stays, a different visa needs to be secured.

Dubai Visa Requirements - Information and Advice on Getting a Visa

Reactions: Ezequiel

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
They can sell The Sex Tourist Packages (flight plus resort plus Dominican sluts) to Arabian guys. I'm sure those planes will be overcrowded, because those guys have lot of money but don't have any sex (except some goats, sheeps and Russian sluts working there).

Reactions: Celt202