Dubai-DR DIRECT REGULAR flights by Amirate Airlines!!

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
No transit Visa

This is happening already. No more need for USA stops and worry about the transit visa. Iranians can fly from tehran to syria and then non stop to caracas, venezuela (I think this is the route or something like that). No need to stop over or change planes in USA. This is just the beginning, many will follow.
AZB

I agree many will follow. Avoiding US and Europe.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Dubai

Had the recent experience (October-November) of flying with a Dominican passport to Dubai on Emirates. First was a transit stay for which no visa was required. Next a re-entry when the stay was 36 hours, we had our one-night hotel reservation (recall was a 3 day authorization). For this on a Dominican passport the visa was arranged by the airline staff. It took about two hours but that was because the staff had not seen a Dominican passport.

So the passport had to be seen by two inspectors and then sent to their heads. They all thought it was funny. One inspector said he had worked for 5 years and never seen a Dominican passport, another said he had worked for 12 years and not seen one. Otherwise it was an easy procedure. We already had a hotel reservation.

I would think for longer stays, a different visa needs to be secured.

Dubai Visa Requirements - Information and Advice on Getting a Visa

I realize this thread is old news now. What is the latest on these Dubai flights and how can one get to Dubai avoiding US or EU.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Here is a good article about Emirates from the New York Times:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/airline-info/62952-dubai-dr-direct-regular-flights-amirate-airlines-5.html

So far, Emirates has benefited from the weakness of some airlines in China, India and African nations as it establishes its presence in those and other developing countries.

The same way that Emirates is taking advantage of air travel markets in Africa, china and India, it can take advantage of the Latin American markets using the DR as it hud, keeping in mind that almost nobody need a visa to enter the DR except (Colombian, Cuban and Haitian), and even they can transfer through the DR without a visa.

Emirates, for instance, offers 184 flights a week from Dubai to India, to cities like Ahmedabad, the commercial hub in the state of Gujarat. It flies to 17 cities in Africa and, in China, to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Guangzhou. It runs two daily flights to Bangkok and nine to Australia.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
They can sell The Sex Tourist Packages (flight plus resort plus Dominican sluts) to Arabian guys. I'm sure those planes will be overcrowded, because those guys have lot of money but don't have any sex (except some goats, sheeps and Russian sluts working there).

russian sluts are keeping them very busy there.
AZB

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
Excellent

As a contractor that work in the middle east, this is welcomed news. I hate flying from Dubai, to Europe, to the U.S. , then to my destination in Latin America. The worse part of the trip is flying into the U.S. You get in a super long line for customs. You get up to customs and they want to interrogate you because your passport has a few middle eastern countries. Sometimes you're in that line for an hour or more.Then you have to get your bags(as they're not put on your connecting flight) which will take another hour. Then you have to go through the check in process again. Check your luggage, then go through the x-ray machine. I'm glad I will be able to skip this step. Also Emirates has a direct route to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Maybe the Dominican Republic will be a stop over before heading to Brazil. I rather ride Emirates to this side of the world then being in a cramped Continental plane. It's worth the extra price. Especially if you're in the air for 14+ hours.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I like Mr Smith, hate going through the USA because I too have many Middle East stamps in my passport. It is a real hassle. Treat us like dirt and yet we have helped produce the oil USA needs to maintain its extravegant lifestyle.