Eager to Share Insights on Dominican Republic Real Estate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Lets hear about the real estate market in Punta Cana then. How much is 2-3 bedroom condo near the beach ?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Honest curiosity here: So what would you say about our justice system that prevents you from investing in our country?
Are you serious? The only little teenie tiny thing that would prevent someone from investing in the country would be the corrupt attorneys, judges and courts that go in business to rip off buyers until they quit, so the original person who may or may not own the land can proceed to collect a deposit from 10 or more buyers.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I love.it when you talk about yourself in the third person 😍 where u be?

Ah Hijo I have missed you. I've been busy busy busy with work, so I haven't popped in to DR1 as much as I used to.

Back to the thread. The fact that the justice system is corrupt makes property investing much more complex. It's hard to borrow money to finance a property investment in DR for example because there have been so many scams. And there is way more paperwork involved than in a first world country because nobody trusts anyone. I'm in the middle of a property transaction myself and it has literally taken months and months and huge amounts of enquiries to get the bank finance in place.

Without piling on the negativity, if Pamela has got so much experience in Real Estate in Dom Rep, I am surprised she doesn't know that this is a thing.

• Love
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Ah Hijo I have missed you. I've been busy busy busy with work, so I haven't popped in to DR1 as much as I used to.

Back to the thread. The fact that the justice system is corrupt makes property investing much more complex. It's hard to borrow money to finance a property investment in DR for example because there have been so many scams. And there is way more paperwork involved than in a first world country because nobody trusts anyone. I'm in the middle of a property transaction myself and it has literally taken months and months and huge amounts of enquiries to get the bank finance in place.

Without piling on the negativity, if Pamela has got so much experience in Real Estate in Dom Rep, I am surprised she doesn't know that this is a thing.
It looks like Pamela only just started posting so why not give her a chance. I am also guessing she is an advertiser so that was always the policy on dr1 that you could then post about your business. Just like Guzman Ariza. We should be glad someone contributes to paying for the website. There must be some expenses to cover. We are all posting our content for free. I think the youngest of us like Hijo and me are Gen X. I doubt there are many millennials posting and probably no Gen Zs will be joining.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

How do you know that she doesn't know that? I didn't see anybody ask her?

Jan 22, 2024
Punta Cana
I don't necessarily think the people that buy apartments to rent them out with the promise they can pay for them with rental income while they are not there are victims. Exploited? Maybe. Maybe not. It is possible in some situations both parties walk away better off ex ante.
I am them! I am those people that buy apartments to rent them out with the sole purpose of paying them off. It works! :)

Reactions: JD Jones
Jan 22, 2024
Punta Cana
It looks like Pamela only just started posting so why not give her a chance. I am also guessing she is an advertiser so that was always the policy on dr1 that you could then post about your business. Just like Guzman Ariza. We should be glad someone contributes to paying for the website. There must be some expenses to cover. We are all posting our content for free. I think the youngest of us like Hijo and me are Gen X. I doubt there are many millennials posting and probably no Gen Zs will be joining.
Millenial here - but not the ones that take everything personally... If not, I would have already closed my DR1 account. Thanks for the message btw :)

Reactions: colmcb and aarhus
Jan 22, 2024
Punta Cana
How do you know that she doesn't know that? I didn't see anybody ask her?
It's easier to assume that I am an ignorant in my own country. It also may be difficult for some to see people pushing forward despite facing so many challenges in their own country. This is what happens when you are raised in a country where things aren't handed to you the easy way: you take the long route, pull up your sleeves and do the hard work.
My mission with what I do is specifically to go past these challenges, and create a safe haven for foreign investment. Too bad I was late to this party. :geek:

Jan 22, 2024
Punta Cana
It does seem more and more as if the DR wants to grow tourism and isn’t particularly interested in foreigners as permanent residents. So the Airbnb business is growing because tourism is growing. Booming. Permanent legal residents. Not so much.

There is not a real estate licensing system in the DR. But Pamala is an experienced realtor in the Punta Cana area. It’s an advantage for the experienced realtors as you can’t just take a course, get a license and then claim you are good.
Correct. Real estate in the DR is not regulated: but we are working on this! The AEI which is the NAR equivalent in the DR is working on a law that would regulate real estate in general. There are also many certifications (national and international ones) we have access to by being a member of the AEI.

Jan 22, 2024
Punta Cana
Why not just let the OP share her market information on real estate in Punta Cana. Some of you posters on here have lost me thats for sure. And first you think she is an expat in the DR and then when it turns out she is Dominican that becomes the main topic. I don’t understand this forum anymore.
Maybe I should open up another post to talk some real estate? :cool:

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
It's easier to assume that I am an ignorant in my own country. It also may be difficult for some to see people pushing forward despite facing so many challenges in their own country. This is what happens when you are raised in a country where things aren't handed to you the easy way: you take the long route, pull up your sleeves and do the hard work.
My mission with what I do is specifically to go past these challenges, and create a safe haven for foreign investment. Too bad I was late to this party. :geek:

If you ever live and work off island, your illusions will be quickly shattered.
It is a very competitive world, no-one has things handed to them, unless maybe born into wealth or royal families.

People and country have to compete in the world.
For those reasons I work and invest on the outside, where I do substantially better than I would in the DR.
In addition to this I'm dealing with laws and regulations I can depend on.

Yet I do have real estate properties in the DR, but not in the gringo tourist dream market.
But without family here, I would not invest in the DR.
They choose not to live on the outside.

I've seen many Dominicans In EU, US and CAN who can't hack the hard work, long hours, professional qualifications and relentless discipline to make it.
Not to mention punctuality.
They saved some money and returned to the DR, easy way out.

Many people who you communicate with on here on dr1 , are well educated foreigners with world experience.
However many of those also have DR experience, live here with families, work here, own businesses and real estate.
Their opinions are based on years of DR experience and foreign experience.

Far different from people with Caribbean Punta Cana real estate dreams, who dream of escaping the cold and hoping for a simpler uncomplicated life.

If the intent is to generate P.C. real estate business here, it's a fail.
Few knowledgeable people would base important foreign real estate investing on some website info and comments.
Far better to have a business plan and to know on ground facts, which are obtained in other fashions.

Some lose money and learn the hard way.

I wish you success, as you seem to be hard working and serious in your business endeavour.
But make sure you know and understand your foreign clientele, to be successful in sales.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Mrs Pam
Pam the reason a lot of us are tainted we have been here a while we are not newcomers to Island and we have heard and seen all types of Swindle jobs I'm curious what is your take on the Swindle that took place in Dominican Republic in this linkhttps://dr1.com/news/2024/02/13/swindlers-remanded-to-custody-in-major-fraud-case/

Aug 21, 2007
I'm sure you know some upstanding wealthy and well educated people on the N. Coast.
Yet the real wealthy or very well educated seldom flock to the DR North Coast or Cap Cana.

Well, there are some affluent criminals hiding out, even or especially in Sea Horse Ranch as reported by Germany media....
They do have great security after all.

Not that there is a shortage of Canadian criminals, including Hells Angels and other criminal extradited by INTERPOL.
Of course US criminals also have their share.
Especially those with money find easy refuge, oh did I forget Eastern Europeans including Russians.

To me, as Windy says" just my opinion" most of the N.Coast is bottom barrel including, people, dilapidated street's and sidewalks.

It's just an opinion forum, with the price of beans in DR and some facts sprinkled in.

Remember our friend owner of Mary Rose, extradited by INTERPOL?

dv8

Gold​

Interpol captura en RD a 20 criminales fugitivos extranjeros - listindiario.com

interpol in SD has arrested and extradited (in some cases) 20 foreigners withing the last 6 months. different nationalities, different crimes, committed back in their respective countries. good job. among arrested there are: 3 czechs, 2 cubans, 2 italians, russian, mexican, german, canadian, serb, slovenian and spanish.

I miss dv8

Reactions: franco1111
Status
Not open for further replies.