Edenorte is a disaster

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Or move to Punta Cana................

I think we only hear of the bad experiences.

I used to hate edenorte with a passion, however these past few years ( maybe, 6 ) have changed my mind.

Middle of nowhere, 0 tourism, 24h luz, seldomly is there an outage. Never regretted not replacing the batteries ( kept the inversor, just in case ).

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

I used to hate edenorte with a passion, however these past few years ( maybe, 6 ) have changed my mind.

Middle of nowhere, 0 tourism, 24h luz, seldomly is there an outage. Never regretted not replacing the batteries ( kept the inversor, just in case ).
Well you must be on the only circuit in the island that doesn't go down at least once a day and getting more frequent

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Well you must be on the only circuit in the island that doesn't go down at least once a day and getting more frequent

Not only that, but contrary to the common belief, everybody actually pays for la luz. If you miss 1 payment, the day after your 2nd payment is due ( so another month ) , they come and unhook your meter.
And you have to pay for reconnection. I have witnessed it many many times.
Crazy, right ? 🤣

Furthermore, 2 or 3 years ago, the transformer blew up near by. Everybody was wringing their hands and hablando dichos sobre edenorte.
I had not replaced my batteries so it was an inconvenience.
I had a brain fart and phoned the number that is on the invoice. They actually thanked me for letting them know 🤗. Lo and behold, the next day they turned up with a new transformer AND an elevator to install it.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok and windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not only that, but contrary to the common belief, everybody actually pays for la luz. If you miss 1 payment, the day after your 2nd payment is due ( so another month ) , they come and unhook your meter.
And you have to pay for reconnection. I have witnessed it many many times.
Crazy, right ? 🤣

Furthermore, 2 or 3 years ago, the transformer blew up near by. Everybody was wringing their hands and hablando dichos sobre edenorte.
I had not replaced my batteries so it was an inconvenience.
I had a brain fart and phoned the number that is on the invoice. They actually thanked me for letting them know 🤗. Lo and behold, the next day they turned up with a new transformer AND an elevator to install it.
They don't give us an extra month here. 2 days past the pay due date they are out to pull the meter

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

It is like spotting a unicorn.

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not really. I’m south coast, Edesur. We went from 12 hours a day electricity, 2 inverters and 8 batteries, to pretty much 24/7 electricity and didn’t replace batteries. Inverters in a closet.
Then you are lucky you don't have Edenorte - who seem to go to the high schools and recruit dropouts, with bad attitudes, train them to be super lazy, and do crappy work.
Then they underpay them to insure noting gets installed or fixed right nor in a timely manner

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Then you are lucky you don't have Edenorte - who seem to go to the high schools and recruit dropouts, with bad attitudes, train them to be super lazy, and do crappy work.
Then they underpay them to insure noting gets installed or fixed right nor in a timely manner

Oh believe me, Edesur isn’t /wasnt different. For years we and the neighbors would call (and pay) a local electrician to repair wires at poles, etc. there’s hope for Edenorte

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not really. I’m south coast, Edesur. We went from 12 hours a day electricity, 2 inverters and 8 batteries, to pretty much 24/7 electricity and didn’t replace batteries. Inverters in a closet.
Same here. Although I have to admit, the indicator on my A/C has illuminated 2-3 times in the last few weeks, which means there was a temporary outage.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oh believe me, Edesur isn’t /wasnt different. For years we and the neighbors would call (and pay) a local electrician to repair wires at poles, etc. there’s hope for Edenorte
A year ago I might have believed in that 'hope' but based on the last 6 months the electricity has gotten worse and it is obvious they do not care.
For example I went into the Edenorte office to pay my two meters, but due to a typo on their part they credited one of my payments to someone else's account.

Then 3 weeks later (2 days past the actual payment due date) they were out to remove one meter, luckily I was home, retrieved my receipt and lo and behold one number in the account receipt was typed wrong resulting in a missed payment, so the villain they sent to extract my meter said he would be back in two days if it wasn't paid up.
It amounted to $30 only but you would think they would credit my account the money and contact the other customer to inform him of the error.
No they said I had to recover the errant payment from him, but get this, they could not disclose his information, only that he lived in Puerto Plata.
So I was out $30 and realized I was dealing with barely trained chimpanzees

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
After 20 years , hope fades and reality sets in. These people remain imbeciles. Keep in mind I am referring to the corrupt simian management of Edenorte and not the contractors they hire when they actually have some work done.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A year ago I might have believed in that 'hope' but based on the last 6 months the electricity has gotten worse and it is obvious they do not care.
For example I went into the Edenorte office to pay my two meters, but due to a typo on their part they credited one of my payments to someone else's account.

Then 3 weeks later (2 days past the actual payment due date) they were out to remove one meter, luckily I was home, retrieved my receipt and lo and behold one number in the account receipt was typed wrong resulting in a missed payment, so the villain they sent to extract my meter said he would be back in two days if it wasn't paid up.
It amounted to $30 only but you would think they would credit my account the money and contact the other customer to inform him of the error.
No they said I had to recover the errant payment from him, but get this, they could not disclose his information, only that he lived in Puerto Plata.
So I was out $30 and realized I was dealing with barely trained chimpanzees

Ugh, I can imagine the frustration. Then they wonder why some people go postal.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So AE and JD: What changed with EDESur?

I suspect it was Punta Catalina, we’re not far.

That being said, a very nearby town has been 24/7 for a longggg time, supposedly because several generals have homes there. Maybe someone important moved to my town. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Lesson learned a long time ago when I paid my phone bill at the kiosk in Playero . Like you the clerk transposed a digit and I paid someone else's bill. I didn't notice the mistake for three days. Went back and was told I only had two days to bring errors to their attention. For edenorte payments I bring my bill or have them print one if I don't have a copy. The bill gets stamped as paid and at least has my correct contract # so if anyone makes a mistake it becomes edenorte's problem to resolve. Always get a receipt and confirm the correct account # before walking away from teller.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Lesson learned a long time ago when I paid my phone bill at the kiosk in Playero . Like you the clerk transposed a digit and I paid someone else's bill. I didn't notice the mistake for three days. Went back and was told I only had two days to bring errors to their attention. For edenorte payments I bring my bill or have them print one if I don't have a copy. The bill gets stamped as paid and at least has my correct contract # so if anyone makes a mistake it becomes edenorte's problem to resolve. Always get a receipt and confirm the correct account # before walking away from teller.
Sure glad I pay my bills (Including Edesur) on my bank account. Never a problem.

Bonus is I have TPago, so I can pay most of them with my cel phone too.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

We've had plenty of negative experiences with Edenorte as well, but to be honest I'm confused with the above, as no matter where I have paid (Edenorte vs. other business that can accept payments for Edenorte), the clerk has always confirmed my name and address after entering the Edenorte account number and before me handing cash. On the receipt, I have always confirmed on the spot that the right bill is paid, and I've paid our bills all over POP in the bank in Sirena, different pharmacies and in Edenorte office as well, and the clerks have always done the same... Did they not confirm your details? So on the receipt it was a wrong account as well?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Sure glad I pay my bills (Including Edesur) on my bank account. Never a problem.

Bonus is I have TPago, so I can pay most of them with my cel phone too.
I wanted to pay online when we last moved to POP 7 years ago, but they did not accept anything but DR cards... So cash it was...