EYEGLASS PURCHASE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i sympathize. i switched to contacts because my glasses were so thick i could only see straight ahead, anything else was heavily distorted. even with the lenses i cannot see as well as someone with correct vision.

last time i went to the eye doctor i could not see anything on the vision board. nada. she was, like, "hmm, let me try this, how many fingers can you see?" i said: "fingers???!!!". i could barely see she lifted her arm. true story.

Laser for you, girl...

Look at that option...

Bye bye goggles

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not really qualify for laser surgery and all of my doctors advise against it. maybe IOLs, in the future. i'd have to think about it.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
i do not really qualify for laser surgery and all of my doctors advise against it. maybe IOLs, in the future. i'd have to think about it.

I fully agreee......many folks do not qualify.....If you use a good Doctor, you will see that many folks are being turned down for many different reasons.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i feel for you. last time i has glasses made (i have an emergency pair) i had to pay twice the price of lower level prescription - and that was a special offer too! the thickness of glass also narrows frame choices, not every frame will fit the lens comfortably and still look decent. this is also why it's better you had everything done locally.

hope you like your glasses :glasses:

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Folks....I picked them up yesterday>>>100% success......I could not be happier......total price RDPesos 22,000. The lowest price I ever paid and they are Photochromatic........Nice Job!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Folks....I picked them up yesterday>>>100% success......I could not be happier......total price RDPesos 22,000. The lowest price I ever paid and they are Photochromatic........Nice Job!

thanks for posting back POTUS. that is a darn good price and no way could you have done that trying to buy them online plus any adjustments you can have it done where they were purchased.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Quick update: Spent the first day at the pool yesterday with my new glasses. Could not be happier.......what a treat. And the change from dark to bright/clear is very fast.....

CRL2017

Apr 25, 2017
Good day,

I arrived many moons ago from the USA with several eyeglasses. My eyes are pretty bad.
The time has come where I do need to purchase new ones. Any recommandation on an Optica? It seems that Optica Lopez is a major outlet. I am looking in Santo Domingo.
Also, I am interested in transition glasses. Are these a lot more expensive than regular ones?

Thank you.

I order glasses online - Zenni Optical - Glasses Online – Prescription Glasses

https://www.zennioptical.com

My son has +3.5 and +4. I go and get his eyes checked at a place, have them write down all of the information and then order them through Zenni. Very inexpensive and good quality.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have used progressive lenses for several years now. I get them at Costco when we go home. A good pair of frames, thin lenses, coatings etc runs about $500 can (375 us).
In the past I used the transition lenses but found they burn out and quit changing within 12 to 18 months.
I have not found a good place in the PC area to price them out yet.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Don't you guys watch TV? You're paying too much for glasses!

https://www.americasbest.com/

I got Lasik done on both eyes back in the early 80's. Paid $700 per eye. Hated the results for the first few months, but now I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don't you guys watch TV? You're paying too much for glasses!

https://www.americasbest.com/

I got Lasik done on both eyes back in the early 80's. Paid $700 per eye. Hated the results for the first few months, but now I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Mr AE and I see an ophthalmologist regularly, but stopped getting our glasses there years ago. You can’t beat America’s Best, even the exam is excellent and free. The only downside is it takes about 2 weeks for the glasses to arrive, so when we have Dominican family visiting we take them there right away.