Failed war on Drugs - Dominican Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Winde is right-on with this one. Legalize it and tax it. That way govt makes the $$ and not the criminales.

and what line of work shall the ex-drug dealer turn too after he is no longer able to sell his product. Oh maybe they will all go straight??? yeah right??? Home invasions, theft and everything else will skyrocket because these criminals need to make money
WAKE UP PEOPLE

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
and what line of work shall the ex-drug dealer turn too after he is no longer able to sell his product. Oh maybe they will all go straight??? yeah right??? Home invasions, theft and everything else will skyrocket because these criminals need to make money
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Crime is worse with the failed war on drugs than it would be without that war. It is you who needs to wake up.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
WAKE UP PEOPLE
How about digging ditches for $10.25 an hour? It won't buy any bling and their rides won't get "pimped" but it's enough to buy food and pampers for those Babies they've been making and running away from all these years.

With drugs under the control of the pharma's and regulated by the government, junkies won't need to break into People's homes and crackheads won't need to spread HIV and potheads can continue to watch cartoons, eat Doritos and listen to Jimmi Hendrix.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Your point would have merit if there were as many drug kingpins as drug users. I submit to you that there are not.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The problems caused by the drug trade in the Caribbean and Latin America will not be solved until the problem of the drug trade in the USA is dealt with in a responsible manner. Just as Dr. Juran surmised "Every problem is a management problem". If you want to kill a snake you've got to crush it's head. That head isn't the cartels, it's the system that provides their markets.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just like the rum runners and mafia supported prohibition crimes disappeared when people realized the prohibition of alcohol did not work, so will the cartels disappear if the prohibition of drugs is stopped.

Prohibition is the problem.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I have to question your sanity.

Just like the rum runners and mafia supported prohibition crimes disappeared when people realized the prohibition of alcohol did not work, so will the cartels disappear if the prohibition of drugs is stopped.

Prohibition is the problem.

you know what, you win!

i now also think it would be for the best if the government would sell coke, heroin, xtc and everything what's out there.

i mean who cares about the effects of these drugs, who cares? let's get rid of the crime and let's focus on how to deal with a whole new wave of junkies, i mean prices will go down so it will be more afordable and more people can get their hands on it than before.

i like your way of thinking! :dead:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you know what, you win!

i now also think it would be for the best if the government would sell coke, heroin, xtc and everything what's out there.

i mean who cares about the effects of these drugs, who cares? let's get rid of the crime and let's focus on how to deal with a whole new wave of junkies, i mean prices will go down so it will be more afordable and more people can get their hands on it than before.

i like your way of thinking! :dead:

I gather you do not really respect the free choice of people to do whatever they want with their own bodies?

If the money currently spent on the failed war on drugs was used to educate and treat people for the medical problem of drug addiction, we would be far ahead of the game than continuing to fight a war in which billions has been spent and no progress has been made. Doing the same thing over and over(the drug war) and expecting a different result is one definition of insanity.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I gather you do not really respect the free choice of people to do whatever they want with their own bodies?

If the money currently spent on the failed war on drugs was used to educate and treat people for the medical problem of drug addiction, we would be far ahead of the game than continuing to fight a war in which billions has been spent and no progress has been made. Doing the same thing over and over(the drug war) and expecting a different result is one definition of insanity.

the nerves to question my sanity!

let me try it again for you in abc.

the government is there to protect us, sometimes from others and sometimes from ourselves! (if they're doing a good job at it is a different story)

por ejemplo; smoking, one is should be able to fck up their body, health, lungs and whatever but it's still the governments job to protect you from yourself and from others. therefore they regulate smoking and forbid smokers to smoke inside with non-smokers.

por ejemplo; heroin, Heroin Addiction - Symptoms, Signs and Side Effects of Heroin Abuse & Addiction - Timberline Knolls, next thing you will be open a topic why the government doesn't do something about these druggies who are hanging around in your neighbourhood, around your daughters and whatever you can come up with! if i really have to explain what drugs does to someone, if i really have to explain how it would infuence people around users then you win and i'm just a nutjob.

talking bout respect the free choice of people to do whatever they want with their own body..

i'll see you in an other topic where yet an other drunk driver kills ...

but atleast the drunk drives was celebrating his rights to do whatever he wanted to do with his body! :bunny:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Torri, calm down. Your sanity was not questioned, it was the collective sanity of the proponents of our disastrous present policy.

The government is already the biggest drug lord there is. They push alcohol in every State in the Union. It is the government agencies which certify hundreds of opiate derivatives and synthetics for issuance by physicians, psychiatrists and pharmacists. Many health care professionals are going to jail for the same reason street drug dealers do and it's because the temptation of the money involved with fake prescriptions is overwhelming.

There is just as big a drug problem coming from the misuse of prescription drugs as there is from the contraband drug trade. It is all spinning out of control and at the end of the day it appears that People will get their fix no matter what the government says or does about it.

Didn't Elvis Presley possess prescriptions from 5 or 6 doctors for the same opiate & speed drugs at the time of his death? What you can have is whatever you can pay for, even if it kills you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

the government is there to protect us, sometimes from others and sometimes from ourselves! (if they're doing a good job at it is a different story)

I do not want the government to "protect me from myself". That is solely my responsibility.

por ejemplo; smoking, one is should be able to fck up their body, health, lungs and whatever but it's still the governments job to protect you from yourself and from others. therefore they regulate smoking and forbid smokers to smoke inside with non-smokers.

The reason for regulation here is when a smoker does his smoking in the presence of another person. Second hand smoke kills. The smoker should be allowed to harm himself and not others. I do not believe, as I mentioned before, that it is the governments responsibility to protect me from myself. The government should protect me from others that can cause me harm. You notice that I am for leglization, REGULATION, taxation... etc of currently illegal substances.

por ejemplo; heroin, Heroin Addiction - Symptoms, Signs and Side Effects of Heroin Abuse & Addiction - Timberline Knolls, next thing you will be open a topic why the government doesn't do something about these druggies who are hanging around in your neighbourhood, around your daughters and whatever you can come up with! if i really have to explain what drugs does to someone, if i really have to explain how it would infuence people around users then you win and i'm just a nutjob.

talking bout respect the free choice of people to do whatever they want with their own body..

i'll see you in an other topic where yet an other drunk driver kills ...

but atleast the drunk drives was celebrating his rights to do whatever he wanted to do with his body! :bunny:

If a drunk or otherwise intoxicated person causes harm to anyone then they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That should never change because it that is about one person harming another.

My point, which you continue to miss, is that the prohibition of any substance leads to more problems (and collateral damage to people who would otherwise have no involvement) than if legalization, regulation, taxation, education and treatment for substance abuse is substituted for prohibition.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
The reason for regulation here is when a smoker does his smoking in the presence of another person. Second hand smoke kills. The smoker should be allowed to harm himself and not others. I do not believe, as I mentioned before, that it is the governments responsibility to protect me from myself. The government should protect me from others that can cause me harm.

can someone give me the check please!

the government is there to protect it's citizens like i told you:
* The reason for regulation here is when a smoker does his smoking in the presence of another person.

reason why the government is protecting it's citizens:
* Second hand smoke kills.

you think:
* The smoker should be allowed to harm himself and not others.

facepalm:
* The government should protect me from others that can cause me harm

so wait, the same government that should protect you from others that can cause you harm is the same government you want them to allow substances that when being used by others to increase the possiblity to harm you???

the right for people to toxic themselves (por ejemplo alcohol) on a daily base has the price of a long list of people being killed by drunk drivers and whatever outcome a drunk person had! but atleast that killer was celebrating his right to do whatever he wanted to do with this body and now he could finally being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

yeah we all enjoy a good glass of wine, a presidente when playing domino and a couple of shots when we're at the bar but don't forget that that same substance that is now legal kills a lot of innocent people by the users of that substance!

you want to open pandoras box? that's fine! i rather have it closed, like i said, let the thugs and criminals kill eachother and let the government keep continue their "war" because this war still saved me and a lot of family members from not being druggies.

god forbid my mother would have told me: "son, just like alcohol, you could only use it when it's my birthday"

My point, which you continue to miss, is that the prohibition of any substance leads to more problems (and collateral damage to people who would otherwise have no involvement) than if legalization, regulation, taxation, education and treatment for substance abuse is substituted for prohibition.

*on the tombstone of 6 year old gray was written:
- if it wasn't for that bottle of brugal mommy probably wouldn't met daddy
- if it wasn't for that same bottle of brugal me, mommy and daddy wouldn't lay here because of mr. drunk driver

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
can someone give me the check please!

you want to open pandoras box? that's fine! i rather have it closed, like i said, let the thugs and criminals kill eachother and let the government keep continue their "war" because this war still saved me and a lot of family members from not being druggies.

god forbid my mother would have told me: "son, just like alcohol, you could only use it when it's my birthday"

People were, are and will continue to use illicit substances regardless of the law. If you legalize, regulate, tax and educate then I advocated it is a better answer then continuing to spend billions of dollar putting end users in jail, seeing the corruption of law enforcement and governments, and the collateral damage caused by drug lords.

I do understand that not all people see this as a solution. For example you think the failed war on drugs is good. I do not.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"GreyHair" I know that always blaming others is your agenda, however, ending illegal drug use in the USA would NOT solve the drug problems in Latin America & the Carribean!
Because you forgot about drug use in Canada, England, Europe, and the rest of the World!
"EVERYTHING" is NOT the fault of the USA!!!!!
Now that Chip is gone, I guess somebody has to blame the USA!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"GreyHair" I know that always blaming others is your agenda, however, ending illegal drug use in the USA would NOT solve the drug problems in Latin America & the Carribean!
Because you forgot about drug use in Canada, England, Europe, and the rest of the World!
"EVERYTHING" is NOT the fault of the USA!!!!!
Now that Chip is gone, I guess somebody has to blame the USA!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Colon Cancer,

Please show me where I may have even possibly insinuated the the American government" was the only government at fault for the development and destructive power this poisonous food chain. Every single government which tries to legislate against People self medicating is equally to blame. Next they'll be trying to legislate universal sexual abstinance into effect, I bet you'll get on board then.

I don't blame the USA for the region's drug problems, I blame YOU. You and everyone else like you who thinks that continuing these flawed policies and practices in the wake of such increasingly and continued disastrous failure is a good idea.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I read your posts, THAT's where I got the "Idea"!
I bet you voted for Marion Barry when he ran for mayor of D.C., BOTH times, before, and after, he did time for "Coca"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I read your posts, THAT's where I got the "Idea"!
I bet you voted for Marion Barry when he ran for mayor of D.C., BOTH times, before, and after, he did time for "Coca"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sometime's reading without understanding is worse than not reading at all. It's referred to as "functional illiteracy" and we're spending a lot of money trying to stamp it out.

I never voted in a DC Mayoral election. I lived across the river in VA. I was never a Fan, before or after and I personally (as in face-to-face) don't like him. He still thinks that somebody died and left him King and I just never was into kissing rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.