Felix Sanchez wins gold for the Dominican Republic in 400m hurdles in London

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
weightlifters from Kazackstan??? got 250,000$$$

John Boyter?? If you ever saw where that young lady trains you would probably faint, vomit or cry...None of the US, China or any European would even enter that gym....pathetic...

For those who think it is all roses: Gabby Douglas' mother had to file for bankruptcy this year. That might be a thing of the past if Gabby's agent has anything to do with it.
The Lochte's are in danger of foreclosure of their home in Florida....

All is not well in paradise. Team GB spent 100 million pounds, the RD$68 million (supposedly) that's chicken feed....

Know you all: The DR has the potential to be greater than Cuba, if things were done right!!

HB

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

John Boyter?? If you ever saw where that young lady trains you would probably faint, vomit or cry...None of the US, China or any European would even enter that gym....pathetic...

For those who think it is all roses: Gabby Douglas' mother had to file for bankruptcy this year. That might be a thing of the past if Gabby's agent has anything to do with it.

All is not well in paradise. Team GB spent 100 million pounds, the RD$68 million (supposedly) that's chicken feed....

Know you all: The DR has the potential to be greater than Cuba, if things were done right!!

HB

Yes it is amazing that she came that far. I did not imply that is what not a great acomplishment. Just that she had the potential to do better. She was also unlucky. About the US athletes going broke despite winning gold medals I have no idea.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

HB

I think only real athletes and olympians knows how tough it is and what it takes. Did you ever train as hard as any of them? You sound like you tried it yourself. I have myself have no idea. Just did sports on intermediate level

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Well this is a country with so many different extraordinary sides FELIX SANCHEZ N?MERO UNO !

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Such an emotional moment!! i did shed a few tears, lol.
[video=youtube;8Eu8HuuGNZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eu8HuuGNZs[/video]

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Felicidades Felix!

I am happy for the Dominican Republic since they won a gold. The USA won countless gold medals this year and that has made me happy. I was waiting for the Dominican Republic to win one too since I love that country also.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Felix Sanchez brought a lot of positive attention to such a great country. He is an inspiration and I hope he is starting a tradition of track and field being superior in the DR just like baseball is. Dominican baseball players are second to none, possibly track will be the same way in the future. I know it is possible

Jan 9, 2004
While i know everything is subject to interpretation, I have always thought the strongest most consistent olympic team sport in the DR was Women's volleyball.

They are in the Quarter Finals tomorrow at 2:00 PM against the consensus team to beat, USA.

I hope both teams have great games and may both teams athletes do their respective countries proud.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Just absolutely awesome!!!

Luguelin had a chance, but unfortunately for him he had to compete against that kid from Grenada who's just a beast and unfortunately it looks like that's going to be his foe for a long time to come as they're both so young.

Gringo: I hope so too...Felix opened the door with his first gold and it showed that it was possible and now we have Luguelin following suite, so hopefully many other kids get inspired by these two.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Felix needs an agent....what's the going rate ?

Will this story end like an ex NFL player with no cash and billions in child support?

Call me Now !

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Felix Sanchez medal ceremony (a.k.a. the night Superman cried)

Such an emotional moment!! i did shed a few tears, lol.

It seems they blocked that video. It seems the IOC needs to make money even from the medal ceremonies...oh well...here is another one (I hope they won't block it also)
[video=youtube;C0SrBv-fmOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SrBv-fmOA[/video]

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
I'm sure Felix and Luguelin are gonna have a nice sancocho waiting for them..

I would under normal circumstances also congrat this Dominican gent however, it would seem that he has more than sancocho waiting.

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455785564462452&set=a.380536181987391.88009.100000930360930&type=3

Like my ex-girlfriend who unfortunately had to post a photo on her facebook of a person who would have certain resemblence with before named atletic who would seem to have a quite tight grip on certain body parts which is not appropiate that a lady allows when she is in a relationship.

Last edited:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I would under normal circumstances also congrat this Dominican gent however, it would seem that he has more than sancocho waiting.

photo.php

Scarlet Crisoiris Gross's Photos | Facebook

Like my ex-girlfriend who unfortunately had to post a photo on her facebook of a person who would have certain resemblence with before named atletic who would seem to have a quite tight grip on certain body parts which is not appropiate that a lady allows when she is in a relationship.

Is that your ex - girlfriend?

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
This guy isnt even a real Dominican- he is a Dom York, which I immediately recognized by his classless screamIng and running around like he just found out he wasn't a match on a paternity test. For someone born in NY and grew up in southern California, why would he represent such a sad, backwards place like the DR?

Last edited by a moderator:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
This guy isnt even a real Dominican- he is a Dom York, which I immediately recognized by his classless screamIng and running around like he just found out he wasn't a match on a paternity test. For someone born in NY and grew up in southern California, why would he represent such a sad, backwards place like the DR?

"This guy" as you call him has given the DR their first ever 2 gold medals in the Olympics and has done so with dignity. If they want to receive him and worship him as a Dominican, then why not? Plenty of countries have athletes that compete for them and had no ties whatsoever before moving there to train. And honestly, if you find the DR such a sad and backwards place, then why do you bother posting on DR1?

Last edited by a moderator: