Finding a chica seria in Puerto Plata

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
serious advice

Bonjor Frenchie,

Welcome to the board. Unlike some of the others, I'll try to give you some serious advice and not judge you. First, I'm American, not Dominican and I only visited DR once - I cannot help you find a Chica Dominicana.

But I can offer advice based on my life experiences because I am divorced from a woman of a different culture and nationality than my own.

First, about your comment "in France, especially in Paris: people are individualist, they are only looking for themselves. " - This is true everywhere my friend, not only in Paris. There MUST be many nice girls compatible with you in France. Look harder!

Second, If your goal is REALLY marriage, then think first about finding a woman compatible to yourself, not about "exotic beauty" or that she must be from a certain country. Common sense tells me that there will be some Dominican girls you are compatible with and others not. In a relationship, the compatibility thing is the MOST IMPORTANT part.

Third, If you find a girl that is compatible with your personality, next the cultural differences must be overcome. Would you expect her to move to Paris and become French, or are you planning to move to DR and become Dominican? Think about it. You MUST understand Dominican culture and life very well and she MUST understand the same about France to decide.

Fourth, Do not trust what you feel when on vacation/holiday. It is not reality. When I visited DR, I stayed in an all-inclusive resort. That was not reality and does not in any way represent life in the DR. Knowing the resort workers does not make you know Dominican life!

If you are REALLY SERIOUS about going ahead with this goal, then I STRONGLY SUGGEST you find a way to live in the DR for at least a year and try to meet girls that speak French, have been to France and otherwise understand French culture and life.

Don't make the mistake I did. I married a girl that I was not really compatible with on a personal level and the cultural differences made it all the worse because we could not compromise. Divorce is VERY, VERY painful and its something to be avoided.

Adieu,

Randy (minerran)

Last edited:

Frenchie1

Oct 30, 2003
Great thanks to randy

Bonjour Randy!

Merci beaucoup for your advices. I will think about it. Maybe I am too focalized on "exotic beauties". Maybe I was also "dazzled" by my last vacation in Sosua. I know that there will be the language problem if I find a girl who is not speaking french. I do speak a little bit spanish. I know also that there would be other problems if we had to live in France (work, life, etc..). I know also that COMPATIBILITY is very important, in fact, that's what I am seeking at first. So I will try to look harder for my dream girl in Paris although it is very difficult. Anyway, I hope that I will enjoy my vacation in POP. And you know, I am not an "all inclusive resort" tourist. Last time I went to La Vega and Cotuy to meet the "real" dominican people, it was great. Bye!!!!
Frenchie1

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Frenchie, never mind some of these americans. You people have the balls, thats something I can't say about the democrats.

Anyway, if you find a girl and she goes to bed with you the first night then even you should know that she is not the right girl. I mean would you consider marrying a girl who opens up her legs the first day, without even knowing your full name? I guess not. My friend, you are looking for love (or a soul mate) in the wrong places. Do you really think the seria girl would be waiting for you in a hooker bar? We have covered this a ton of times that carwashes and cheap sleezy bars in DR are filled with low class hookers. So what is it that you can't figure out about this picture? Now get to your feet and get away from those areas and go to where seria girls are found.

By the way, what is this crap about marriage business? I just can't understand why so many americans and europeans want to get married the moment they see a half decent girl? Are you guys really that lonely at your home countries that all you folks think about is getting married?
I mean, why get married when you can get all the sex and loving that you need, and for free? These girls really serve you best when you are their boyfriend and while they still have the hope to settle down with you one day. This way you get to drink the milk without having to feed the cow. You will also enjoy your total freedom and be able to try different flavors of the week. When you will pick her up for a date, she will look her best as opposed to seeing your wife with rollers in hair and dirty hair.
I say, get this marriage concept out of your head and learn to enjoy the life with total freedom.
I hope my post makes some sense to you.
regards,
AZB

Last edited by a moderator:

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
okay, im asking on behalf of the canadians, why are we cheap?the last time i was on holidays, we canadians were the only people who tipped and i must say HUGE each time we ate drank and partied. we also took clothes and toys down with us for the children. as for the europeans, they didnt leave anything for any of the staff. cheri

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
AZB said:
Frenchie, never mind some of these americans . You people have the balls, thats something I can't say about the democrates.
AZB

Best of luck in finding romance Frenchie ..... I'm dropping out of this thread - Have better things to do than defend myself against attacks that I did not make. If I can help you in any way, send me a private email.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Randy, I wasn't talking about you at all. The guys I was pointing at know who they are. Most are my friends anyway so i am simply busting their chops.

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
ok

OK AZB. - no problem.

- Still, I need to drop out and get back to work. This is really addictive talking with you all, but my "jefe" won't approve!

I hope frenchie finds that which he seeks - sounds like a nice guy.

Randy

Last edited:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Frenchie my best advice is to look around and STAY AWAY FROM PAYING GIRLS is not healthy there are plenty of ladies in the DR waiting for you.

TIPS
1. Get yourself a Car
2. Get yourself A cell Phone
3. make sure you SMELL good (PARFUM, PARFUM, PARFUM) you got the point?
4. make sure you are not paying for sex
5. Do not fall for the first girl you see and last but not least
6. ASK CRISS COLON FOR THE SPECIALTY CITY LIST HE'S SELLING ON EBAY lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Frenchie, get yourself a haitian girl. They speak french, are prettier and better in bed. (Cheaper also) LOL

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
US to the rescue... AGAIN!!!

Typical French arrogance, although you inadvertently left out how smart you were. Then again, maybe we were supposed to glean this from your "globetrotter" moniker. As this board is intended to offer advice for those seeking it, I will respond in that vain, resisting the immediate temptation to slam you!

If you are indeed a "globetrotter" then one would assume that you have some basic understanding of the countries in which you visit, preferably with an emphasis on the culture and prevailing social-economic climate. If not, then one would assume that you've at least visited other 3rd world countries and that you'd have the ability to make reasonable parallels between those countries and the DR. Apparently, this was not the case.

Just as you don't go looking for love in the red light district of Amsterdam, you don't go looking for it in the beach/tourist towns of the DR either. While the packaging. protocol and payment methods may be different, it's still the same game... Same bitch different skirt, if you will.

Based on your proclivity to randomly fall in love with hookers, you need to change your mindset ASAP. Here goes: assume that all of the girls in the DR are prostitutes and nothing more. Meaning that in exchange for spending time and having sex with you, they will expect something in return - regardless of what the say or don't say. This will most commonly be in the form of cash, cloths, food, accommodations, marriage, etc, or any combination thereof.

This logic should also apply to all other 3rd world countries as well. Visit them, enjoy the women, but view them as purely sex destinations as you would Amsterdam.

Lastly, love isn't something that you can find by searching for it - it just happens. However, if your intent on continuing with this approach, you might have better luck with women closer to your own economic/social/educational level.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Listen to Erickson and Eddy. You can enjoy the best of both. Beside most Dominican women joden demasaido despues estan casado.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Frenchie1 said:
Hi everybody,

Now, first of all, sorry that my english is not so good, I am french and come from Paris. I write this add because I am a little bit in despair.
My first travel to DR was in march 2003, and my second in April 2003. I literally felt in love with the country and all the beautiful chicas who are leaving there...but anywhere I go, in paradas, discotecas, pubs and bars of the north coast, the girls ask me for money and never for true love.
I am 33 years old, a very good looking guy, cute, sociable, speaking 5 languages, globetrotter and it's always the same: i fall in love with a dominican girl and finally, she ask me for money after we had sex, and so on...I don't understand because i really want to marry one of these beautiful chicas. Here is a story of my last vacation in Puerto Plata. One night I went to the Babylon in POP and I met a wonderful girl there. We danced together Bachata, drunk Ron Brugal...then she asked me to go out with her, without asking me for money!!! So I thought yes, this is the right one...But afterwards, after our wonderful night (we had sex), she asked me for money in the morning..."ayuda me para mi nino". I thought: "my god, again a camarera"...So now I am really in despair: where can I find a serious chica in Puerto Plata (because I plan to go there for 2 weeks in november). Can anybody tell me where i must go, which place? Or maybe you know a serious chica who really wants to meet a cute french guy for mariage? Thanks for your answers !!!!
Frenchie1

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Re: Re: Finding a chica seria in Puerto Plata

FRENCHIE...........DONT BE FOOLED BY THESE REPLIES..if you are seriously looking for a bueatifull dominican girl....its a fine line between prostitution and need or security.....probably something that the female readers here never had to worry about......when two meals a day here is not a guarantee.... think about that.....to be fair...I can fix you up with some amazing girls...Remember.. tourista equals. well whatever.....Tourista areas equal.....similar.... you should see how the girls look away from the beaten track....Survival is number one here but if you are seriously interested in settling down with a Dominican Girl......I can Fix the right one for you...........Email me if you are Serious. Bon Jour...MIKE

swake

Oct 27, 2002
Frenchie is right! Few years ago I was seeing a girl from Evry(exchange student) and one day I took her for a ride. We talked and talked ... about politics, religion, sex, love, the universe.... and by the time we got back to her flat she bumped me at the front door, she was tired and had to see her boyfriend next day, a nutthead BUT with a BMW :confused:
Ah silly me. you get what you pay for :devious:

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Mikeyone: What makes you the expert on what the women of this board have or do not have?

Ever been unemployed and not been able to pay the rent and have no where else to go? Ever wonder how you are going to pay for your next meal/toilet paper/shampoo/bus ride to that job interview? Had your phone/cable/credit cut off?

I think many of us really ARE in the position to understand where that need comes from.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Man, there are some frustrated people out there

Well, Mr. Hollywood north a,ll I can tell you is that you are one unlucky person.... no toilet paper... what about all the junk mail you get..No, I have never been without a job, because I would take anything until something better came along.....you cant be a CEO overnight......after reading your comments etc. etc... I think the girls here in the D.R. are one step ahead of you... but keep plugging away for a job... maybe fate will take a turn for the better... If you were a good looking girl in the D.R.. what would be your next move?????... Cheers. M..... Love the verbal attacks.. keep them coming...

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
You totally failed to see the point!

First I am a good looking she not a he, so have lived it - that was what I was trying to express......second I DO have a job, am currently underemployed and have also started a business...but I bet you have never been fired by a sexual harassing boss, with two weeks pay and no backup. I have no idea what the unemployment rate is where you live but trying to get a decent job here in Toronto is not an easy feat.

My point was you seemed to think that no women posters have ever been in that position. Well-you are wrong. I am not frustrated-if you read it right - I was trying to make a valid point that it's not just Dominican women that are having to make certain choices.

To everyone else-sorry for hijacking the thread however I was just trying to let you know some of us get it!!!