Follow the Ven vs. DR game live

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
toneloc24 said:
I eat my words at this moment, but it's only the 1st round. Remember that.

Congrats to the DR team!!!

Awesome job - God I wish I could've actually seen the game. Thanks for the commentary Tone, Dolores and others. Who'd've thought we would've won by this much, but we need to remember that it was quite scary for some time. We're not out of the woods yet...but hey, what a start!!!!!

How serious is Colon hurting?

Last edited:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Great game for spectators to watch ....but

Sloppy play and fundamentals by Ven early on.... and two rainbows to Ortiz that even BUD Harrelson could've jacked out.:surprised Not very impressive by baseball standards.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
almost missed it

2pm EST, game has already started, the DR is up to 2-0, but I'm 200 miles from my home, on the road....I had just rushed to get my work done for the day in a remote small town where I know no one...and all I could think of was to find a TV with the game on...but I'm in the middle of a long strech of rural American highway with the game not on the car radio and not a thing in sight resembling a cable-ready sports bar....all the while I am making phone calls to friends and family on the cel to get updates, and around 3pm I found it!!: "Snappy's Bar & Grill" ...a hole in the wall in a strip mall near the Delaware/Maryland state line on the Delmarva Penninsula ...and they did have the game on....mind you that the folks there were more into the Keno TV screen, their beers, their gossip, and their cigarettes than on the WBC but I was able to peacefully watch the rest of the game live on ESPN with a brewsky in hand! I'm pretty sure that I was the only Dominican within a 40 miles radius of that Red America tavern...and never before had I watched a ballgame with the Grand Ole Opry as background music....they of course couldn't figure out why anyone in their right mind would be excitedly paying attention to a non-football game among non-Americans... "is it like the Super-Bowl?" but they were very nice and I was proud to go Yee-hah! at the end of the 9th...I left a pretty good tip to the bartender from my Keno earnings.....;) what can I say? "a winning day all around"

- Tordok
:cheeky:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Yes thanks for the play by play info.it sounds like is getting exciting, i'm gonna start watching the games, USA and DR ahead, wonderful. SO far the best match DR vs Mexico, can I say match in baseball?? anyway tomorrow I'll watch. So who do you guys think has good possiblities of making to the finals?? hopefully DR.
M.A.R.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
My friend Tordok. how are you?!!!

I had a similar experience today. I was on the road most of the day but was able to keep up with what was going on via friends who where watching.
when the score got to be 6 to 5, I said " to hell with work". I have to find me a bar somewhere with the game on. After driving around a bit, I found a bar in Germantown with lots of keno and electronic games but had one TV with the sound muted but still showing the object of my desire. I stayed and had a few (4) brews as I watched and immensely enjoyed DR kicking VZ ass!! OOOOOHHHHH, I especially took great pleasure in seeing big papy bash one over the fence! Who's your daaddy now?? What a hoot!........
Tordok, come on! let's try to meet and watch the next big game together! Any weekend night's groovy with me! Pm me if you find yourself in MD. Will like my family to meet your family! Maybe we can invite all the local DR1'rs for a great hootenanny at my place!! It'll be a gas!! I'll check the schedules & times and will post to see when it'll be most convenient for most of us.
This is an invitation to everyone who loves baseball. If, excuse me, when DR advances to the finals against the US, the brews and barbecue will be waiting for you!...Talk to me!

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Don Juan said:
I had a similar experience today. I was on the road most of the day but was able to keep up with what was going on via friends who where watching.
when the score got to be 6 to 5, I said " to hell with work". I have to find me a bar somewhere with the game on. After driving around a bit, I found a bar in Germantown with lots of keno and electronic games but had one TV with the sound muted but still showing the object of my desire. I stayed and had a few (4) brews as I watched and immensely enjoyed DR kicking VZ ass!! OOOOOHHHHH, I especially took great pleasure in seeing big papy bash one over the fence! Who's your daaddy now?? What a hoot!........
Tordok, come on! let's try to meet and watch the next big game together! Any weekend night's groovy with me! Pm me if you find yourself in MD. Will like my family to meet your family! Maybe we can invite all the local DR1'rs for a great hootenanny at my place!! It'll be a gas!! I'll check the schedules & times and will post to see when it'll be most convenient for most of us.
This is an invitation to everyone who loves baseball. If, excuse me, when DR advances to the finals against the US, the brews and barbecue will be waiting for you!...Talk to me!

Not a bad idea Don Juan. Please PM me later with specific suggestions and I'll do my best to clear the agenda to attend.
cheers!
- Tordok