For "What it's worth" department

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I decided to buy one of these and install it on the water feed from my tinaco as an experiment.

It is a tankless pressure-controlled water pump. It has a 1/2" inlet and outlet and a pressure control screw and ships with a 75 psi setting.

Do you miss having water pressure as you get in your home country? This little guy will take care of it.

$67 bucks for the top of the line, but you can get one with less output for as little as 48 bucks.

No more playing around with water tanks and pressure switches.

It will interesting to see how long it lasts.

71rlDUVU5gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Nice, we need one so there’s enough pressure for the on demand hot water heater to kick on.
This will definitely do it. I'm pretty optimistic it will last, based on the ratings it has.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I use something similar for another application. Pressure is great but hardly any flow (1/2" fittings) . Taking a shower will take you forever.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I use something similar for another application. Pressure is great but hardly any flow (1/2" fittings) . Taking a shower will take you forever.
You must have the wrong type of pump. This thing has tons of pressure and my pipes are all 1/2".

Reactions: rogerjac

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
You need high flow for the water heater to kick in.
Correct. This is absolute overkill for a hot water switch. A typical heater only needs a pound or two of pressure.

If you've got a water feed from a tinaco it's probably not enough to trigger one.

I have a pressure gauge on my pipe from my tinaco and it doesn't even register any pressure. LOL

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
Yes removing the pressure tank and old switch is a great idea. You can get this here as well.
The pump starts and stops (Providing its full pressure capacity) when you turn on off the water. a 1/2hp truper works very well.
2022-06-16 08.11.13.jpg
2022-06-16 08.11.22.jpg

Reactions: JD Jones

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
You must have the wrong type of pump. This thing has tons of pressure and my pipes are all 1/2".
Pressure has nothing to do with flow ! Try to fill a empty bucket with a pressure washer to see it by your self.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I have the exact same one. I have it to pressurize my bathroom. I like to feel the water when im showering so this really fits the bill. I have had mine in for about a year and a half and no problems with it. I put a switch in the bathroom to shut it of when not in use. When it is filling the toilet as it nears full the pump will cycle on and off repeatedly and thump the pipes, I worry they may not take it . Better safe than sorry.
1711126359975.png

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Pressure has nothing to do with flow ! Try to fill a empty bucket with a pressure washer to see it by your self.
The little guy I posted pumps 5 gal. per minute.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Yes removing the pressure tank and old switch is a great idea. You can get this here as well.
The pump starts and stops (Providing its full pressure capacity) when you turn on off the water. a 1/2hp truper works very well. View attachment 8796View attachment 8797
Yep. Same thing.

Different type of pump but probably functions very well.

Mine starts and stops the second I open and close a faucet.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have the exact same one. I have it to pressurize my bathroom. I like to feel the water when im showering so this really fits the bill. I have had mine in for about a year and a half and no problems with it. I put a switch in the bathroom to shut it of when not in use. When it is filling the toilet as it nears full the pump will cycle on and off repeatedly and thump the pipes, I worry they may not take it . Better safe than sorry.
View attachment 8799
You've got the filter on the wrong side.. :LOL: Not that it probably makes a difference.

Reactions: windeguy

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
You've got the filter on the wrong side.. :LOL: Not that it probably makes a difference.
For some reason the threads did not fit the other end so I installed it like this. No worries I have another prefilter before all this for reducing sediment.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Regardless of the flow, after watching the videos, it looks extremely well made. Please let us know after you have it running for a few days or weeks.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I decided to buy one of these and install it on the water feed from my tinaco as an experiment.

It is a tankless pressure-controlled water pump. It has a 1/2" inlet and outlet and a pressure control screw and ships with a 75 psi setting.

Do you miss having water pressure as you get in your home country? This little guy will take care of it.

$67 bucks for the top of the line, but you can get one with less output for as little as 48 bucks.

I would be careful with 75 PSI setting with Dominican plumbing. The PVC tubes are rated for 80 or more PSI but my concerns would be with the Joints. Most plumbers here use that Blue cement/PVC glue and its medium grade especially when their no primer apply first.

If you can adjust the PSI setting, 40 PSI is more than enough.

Reactions: cavok

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Question to OP,

Will the water flow thru by gravity if no electricity? Also is there a shut off protection if no water?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Question to OP,

Will the water flow thru by gravity if no electricity? Also is there a shut off protection if no water?
without power water flow is very restricted, not zero but much less than simple gravity. It does have a no water shut off sensor but mine on one occasion kept going. don't know for how long it went but I heard it humming and shut it off.

Reactions: XTraveller

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Ok, I may be a bit dumb, but it is only useful when you have no main water pump, right ?

Otherwise one would just use the main water pump when they want a hard shower.
At least that's what I do.

Or do as the " regular Dominican " would and use the ladrona pump.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
He uses when taking water from the tinaco. What I do is: for Bathroom always use water from tinaco ( with similar set up for pressure in shower). Fill tinaco with city water ( may use ladrona pump if low pressure from city). This way always "fresh" water in tinaco.

Do not have on/off pressure switch or tank on pump, Just turn on pump when taking shower and then shut pump off. This is why I am interested on this tankless pressure control. Must always remember to shut off pump after shower. Electric control for pump is in bathroom just like hot water tank.