For "What it's worth" department

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I would be careful with 75 PSI setting with Dominican plumbing. The PVC tubes are rated for 80 or more PSI but my concerns would be with the Joints. Most plumbers here use that Blue cement/PVC glue and its medium grade especially when their no primer apply first.

If you can adjust the PSI setting, 40 PSI is more than enough.
Duly Noted.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
without power water flow is very restricted, not zero but much less than simple gravity. It does have a no water shut off sensor but mine on one occasion kept going. don't know for how long it went but I heard it humming and shut it off.
Correct. I always have electricity so no problem there.

This model can run without water without being damaged.

In my case, I am usually home and would notice if there was no water.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Ok, I may be a bit dumb, but it is only useful when you have no main water pump, right ?

Otherwise one would just use the main water pump when they want a hard shower.
At least that's what I do.

Or do as the " regular Dominican " would and use the ladrona pump.
Our building has a main water pump that sends water to the apartments and the water tanks on the roof. That pump is turned on 3-4 times a day to keep the water tanks full. I do not have access to the main pump switch.

I am using this pump to augment the pressure in my apartment.

I have two ladronas,(not connected after trying them and not being impressed) but they do not have on-demand switches.

This little guy is pretty much plug it in and forget it.

Reactions: malko

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
JD, I read the spec on your little pump. Be careful when connecting seem to come with "hose tread" and the pvc tubing here comes with NPT (national pipe thread). You may need an adapter.

I can explain more if you do not know the difference.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
JD, I read the spec on your little pump. Be careful when connecting seem to come with "hose tread" and the pvc tubing here comes with NPT (national pipe thread). You may need an adapter.

I can explain more if you do not know the difference.
Thanks. I went through that a couple of years ago with another project of mine.

This little guy in up and running and I've got another on the way, just in case.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks. I went through that a couple of years ago with another project of mine.

This little guy in up and running and I've got another on the way, just in case.
Good, let us know how it goes in a few days. It should work great as all this pump is doing is pushing water. When a pump is sucking water from a height then it forces.

None left on amazon, you bought them all. Just like at Jumbo empty the shelf because do not know when there will be more. HaHa

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Good, let us know how it goes in a few days. It should work great as all this pump is doing is pushing water. When a pump is sucking water from a height then it forces.

None left on amazon, you bought them all. Just like at Jumbo empty the shelf because do not know when there will be more. HaHa
Be sure you're looking at the right configuration. There are various versions. Also different vendors selling the same pump.
There are also quite a few other pumps with a different name but it's the same pump.

Last edited:

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Hey JD, this is very interesting, perhaps I'll install the same pump in my house later. Can you make some pics when you've done the installation of the pump.
Thanks

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Hey JD, this is very interesting, perhaps I'll install the same pump in my house later. Can you make some pics when you've done the installation of the pump.
Thanks
It's a little tight where I've got it. It's the same setup as post #10.