Forum behaviour and common sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If it was hidden, how would new female members even know it existed?

uhm, hello? the same way they can see that there is a resident forum and off topic? they are clearly displayed under "forums" but in "threads/posts" section it simply says "private".

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
uhm, hello? the same way they can see that there is a resident forum and off topic? they are clearly displayed under "forums" but in "threads/posts" section it simply says "private".

To be a member of the resident forum you send proof to Robert that you are a resident. How would you like people to send proof they are female? Robert and I did discuss the options. If men are not interested then don't read it. It is simple. It is just a place for women to discuss DR related issues without fear of sarcasm or unnecessary comments. So far so good. I cannot believe so many men are getting their knickers in a twist about it. Funnily enough the latest thread came from a man who messaged me with the NYTimes link about age differences and said maybe something women would like to discuss. Being an adult is really not that hard.

Matilda

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
To be a member of the resident forum you send proof to Robert that you are a resident. How would you like people to send proof they are female? ...............
Matilda

Many forms of ID list Gender, isn't the residence card required for Resident Forum so not like dr1 asking for personal info is something new.................

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and a photo on ID is usually a dead giveaway of a female persuasion. and i guess making things more complicated than they really are points to vagina ownership too.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
and a photo on ID is usually a dead giveaway of a female persuasion. and i guess making things more complicated than they really are points to vagina ownership too.

Only women to post does not seem terribly complicated to me. If you have a problem with it I suggest you write to Robert.

Matilda

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I must admit it is a little bit awkward... I also must admit I did a peek inside from time to time :nervous:

I even was tempted to give some likes yet I stopped my trigger finger out of fear of possible consequences... :cry::laugh:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Cough... I actually was looking for that shaving thread Anna was mentioning... ya know pregnant wife belly protruding... :nervous::bunny:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I must admit it is a little bit awkward... I also must admit I did a peek inside from time to time :nervous:

I even was tempted to give some likes yet I stopped my trigger finger out of fear of possible consequences... :cry::laugh:

You can peek, you can learn and you can like! Just don't post! No consequences for peeking and liking. Just for posting. Can't wait to see baby Caribemike!

Matilda

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
it all started giving women the right to vote....then they were served in bars....allowed to drive.....now they have their own forums....where will it stop
an old indian saying.....once there were no taxes,
no police and no crime,
women did all the work,
then the white man came along to improve things

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If it was hidden, how would new female members even know it existed?

I think what many are saying is what is so difficult about setting the Ladies Forum up like this...........

Residents (Beta)

Proof of residency status required to gain access. Contact an Admin or Mod for access

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Most of the threads are so boring for most people that in a whole day time there are often less than 20 postings ...such a small number in a country with more than 11 million people. My personal daily communications in whatsapp and in facebook are three or four times greater than all the daily postings in DR1 . So it strikes me as quite odd that some people want their own section and that this very small group of people can not write in a polite way to each other. Nothing wrong in taking an opposite view and expressing it strongly but in a non offensive way . the anonymous nature of the internet has led to words being written that should never be written .

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Because doing it that way is a lot of extra work for Robert who is the only one able to toggle access on a per user basis to a restricted group (I believe).

There are a lot more women on DR1 who could potentially want access to "their" forum than Residents who are prepared to jump through the credential hoop to get access to the beta forum. I think one of the lessons learned from that experiment is the extra work is not justified nor wanted by the person that has to do it.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
thanks Gringo, the most sensible answer yet..............

Because doing it that way is a lot of extra work for Robert who is the only one able to toggle access on a per user basis to a restricted group (I believe).

There are a lot more women on DR1 who could potentially want access to "their" forum than Residents who are prepared to jump through the credential hoop to get access to the beta forum. I think one of the lessons learned from that experiment is the extra work is not justified nor wanted by the person that has to do it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you Cdn_Gringo, hits nail on head.

Ladies Only Forum stays open. If you have issues with it, don't read it, simple!

Some of you need to really get a life. LOL!

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.