Gangs at Las Americas International Airport follow their victims home

shawn27

May 24, 2010
just the thought of this alone brings back memories....nothing like a nice cold presidente [vestida de novia] to hit the spot before the long drive.
sometimes I even wander across the road and admire the shore, waves, blue skies/water....ahhhh
ok now i want to go back damn it! ;)
shawn27 when are you going again? are you all set with itinierary? :cheeky:

Sometime in November, possibly that day after thanksgiving. I was supposed to be going this week but I decided to go to NYC instead. I figured I'd go up north before it got too cold; I can go to DR any time of year. I'm waiting for spirit to post their $50 coupon to book my flight.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
just the thought of this alone brings back memories....nothing like a nice cold presidente [vestida de novia] to hit the spot before the long drive.
sometimes I even wander across the road and admire the shore, waves, blue skies/water....ahhhh
ok now i want to go back damn it! ;)
shawn27 when are you going again? are you all set with itinierary? :cheeky:
Everytime after I arrive at SDQ airport and head for Santo Domingo, my first stop is always the first colmado on the right side of Las Americas as you come over the overpass for an ice cold jumbo Presidente Light -ooohhh life is good!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Ha ha ha

Everytime after I arrive at SDQ airport and head for Santo Domingo, my first stop is always the first colmado on the right side of Las Americas as you come over the overpass for an ice cold jumbo Presidente Light -ooohhh life is good!!

ahhh all these good times to be had! WHO SAID SDQ is so bad after all? I'm thirsty now people! BEERS ON ME! :cheeky:
One of my preferred places to stop and have a few cold ones is on the way to Juan Dolio, there is a parador on the east side of the highway called EL TAMARINDO. grab a seat outside or sit near the water and just enjoy the scenery! and some good food if need be! They have some great pork chops/chuletas if anyone cares to try some! :cheeky:

Reactions: Tamborista
Jan 3, 2003
its called the pioneering spirit - onion

You've got guts, my friend, plenty of 'em. I started to feel a strangeness in the air some years back. Our family agreed that the environment had changed and we just couldn't read the signs. The best thing we did was liquidate everything but at a profit. That which we couldn't sell at a gain is collecting dust to be sold when the time is right.

There are many here who believe that the DR is better off now than before. I beg to differ. Less crime is better than plenty of color TV's, more educational facilities but insecurity. Dominicans don't feel safe. That's a FACT.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I agree.. las Americas is a dream..it's quick, efficient, pleasant, the staff smile( well at jet blue anyway) I can get a beer for a quarter the price than at Kennedy, there's plenty of friendly cabdrivers, and customs smile and say " bienvenidos" when I arrive. Try that at kennedy airport. Not a chance.. Las Americas, I love ya!!!!!