german tourist murdered on the malecon in POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sad but this is what happens when the under educated masses lay down
and let a bunch of corrupt muppets govern this country.

Well this German will not receive justice and guaranteed the 2 turds who gunned him down are already planning, if not committed their next crimes. Let's see if brent gets justice because he lived here and a low life Gringo planned it.
OK moderator I know that Brent is the subject of another thread. :disappoin
Imagine how much nicer the North Coast would be if the crime were even just half what it is.
And I have lived in Latin America (not just DR) for almost 30 years and bars on windows, except the campos have been around and rusting long before that. I just hope the two punks who killed this poor fellow on the Malecon get their dose of street justice balas within a few months.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I personally have known at least 6 gringos that have been killed here and not 1 Dominican has ben put in jail, but when a Dominican of some importance gets killed they find the killers in one day.

Last April, our (Dominican) nephew was shot and robbed sitting outside his father's home, and later died. *They knew exactly who it was because 1) it was captured on video, and 2) my other brother-in-law was sitting next to him when it happened and recognized one of the guys (he was wounded too). No one did a thing, family went several times to police and they always had some story, and they understood they were waiting for him to die or for family to pay them. There was actually a conversation of cost differential between capturing and killing him/them. Nephew died a couple of weeks later. *Nothing. *Then a week or two after that, they robbed and killed someone of importance, *** using the legal gun they had stolen from nephew ***, and only then were they apprehended.*

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Last April, our (Dominican) nephew was shot and robbed sitting outside his father's home, and later died. *They knew exactly who it was because 1) it was captured on video, and 2) my other brother-in-law was sitting next to him when it happened and recognized one of the guys (he was wounded too). No one did a thing, family went several times to police and they always had some story, and they understood they were waiting for him to die or for family to pay them. There was actually a conversation of cost differential between capturing and killing him/them. Nephew died a couple of weeks later. *Nothing. *Then a week or two after that, they robbed and killed someone of importance, *** using the legal gun they had stolen from nephew ***, and only then were they apprehended.*
Yes justice is for those with power and money. That is the same worldwide.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
interesting update related to this case.
last nigh a group of criminals aboard of a jeepeta attacked a colmado in torre alta. they were pursued by the police along avenida imbert barreras (the road that goes from torre alta, past the jail and into the city centre). after the exchange of shots the police managed to capture one of the attackers who turned out to be the same guy who was accused of murdering the german gentleman and who was recently released from jail.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=23777
En tanto que las autoridades policiales informaron que de las cuatro personas que fueron perseguidas, sólo pudieron atrapar al nombrado Luis Rafael Parra (El Enfermero), quien salió de la cárcel hace pocos días luego de estar acusado de tener complicidad en el asesinato de un turista alemán próximo a la avenida del malecón en esta ciudad, el cual se defendió como “gato patas arriba” y tuvo la cachaza de alegar ser inocente.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It says:" tener complicidad", not that he was accused of murdering.

We call that an accomplice, or an accessory to murder. And to me it's the same as he pulled the trigger. The article also said he had (no shame) the balls to say claim was not involved in the German's murder. DV8 was pointing out what a low life this perp is, and like my post above on Jan 6 came true - The turds were already planning their next crimes. But this time they shot at Police and now "El Enfermo" may receive more than a couple months in jail (we can hope). And of course his Mom said: "He's such a good boy".

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
My understanding is that you need 7 witnesses to prove a robbery. Lets say that would be at night in your house. It might be a little difficult to get 7 witnesses. They say that the law changed after video cameras. so thats why before people got arrested but now you need cameras.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Wow, I'm amazed. I thought he was shot dead along with his amigo. It seems really unreasonable to release an accomplice to such a heinous crime.

HwnRadioMon

Jun 25, 2017
As of June 2018, all expats and tourists in Puerto Plata need to be on heightened alert for robbers and criminals. Crime is increasing and areas that were once safe are no longer. And contrary to popular belief and the WAY overly-proffered advice in all these forums: NO amount of situational awareness or "street smarts" is going to prepare you for the blindsiding, random, wholly unexpected, and unforeseen attack that will happen when you least expect it.

The only thing that is going to save you is either sheer luck, complete and utter compliance or to have a highly effective defensive weapon (NOT a firearm!) and to KNOW that you will be able to use it under inconceivably stressful panic-inducing situations.

There are relatively safe sections of Puerto Plata and Sosua but the dangerous bordering areas and sectors change suddenly and unpredictably -- especially after dark.

Use taxis after dark WHENEVER possible.

The DR should be considered fairly dangerous -- and at least as dangerous as any other country where poverty produces an active criminal element.

Country-wise there are only about five or ten countries in the world that are truly "safe" and the Dominican Republic is NOT one of them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you will need to cool your heelss before you dig up another thread regarding past crimes with a comment unrelated to the subject of that particular event.
don't say i did not warn you.
thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.