Guest Friendly Hotels in SDQ

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
bigbird said:
Thanks!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I have prepaid at Hotel Mercure but I will definetly take a look at this place when I am in SD. I like be close to the ocean. Thanks again for the link. I googled, yahooed and searched with no luck.

The Napolitano has a very pleasant breazy terrace with bar and pool and view over the Malecon and sea that is open for non-guests to have a drink.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
qgrande said:
The Napolitano has a very pleasant breazy terrace with bar and pool and view over the Malecon and sea that is open for non-guests to have a drink.

I like your reply! I put this post in my notes I take with me. Sounds like a nice place to relax during the day.

Thanks to you and all other members who have responded.;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
windeguy said:
http://www.colonialtours.com.do/hotelrates/rates.asp

I apoligize if this list was already posted, but it gives a wide selection of hotels in Santo Domingo. However not sure about them all passing on the guest friendly requirement.
Great link! The prices listed are more than if you call the hotel directly or book on the hotel's website, but it's good to have a comprehensive list that shows relative prices.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
I stopped by Palacio last week while in SD. I love Palacio. It reminds me of some 15th century villa or fortress or something. Sitting in the courtyard in the morning or evening and sipping a coffee or a cocktail is quite relaxing and enjoyable. That outdoor area at the cafe at the east end of El Conde (by the open park area) is a great place to sit in the afternoons too.

For better or worse, I love SD.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For future reference, the Hotel Residencia, In Gazcue, is $25-30 a night for a very nice, clean room with a/c and cable tv. Not luxurious by any standard, but nowhere near a dive. Walking distance to Zona Colonial and a few blocks off the Malecon. It is family run, the desk staff speaks english, and they are very guest friendly.

CanadianGurl

Mar 21, 2006
What do you mean...

What do you mean guest friendly? Like Dominican people are welcome to stay with tourists...or the hotel is just friendly?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
CanadianGurl said:
What do you mean guest friendly? Like Dominican people are welcome to stay with tourists...or the hotel is just friendly?

Dominican people are welcome to stay with tourists

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bigbird said:
First I would like to thank everyone for their input. I think I have it narrowed down to three choices.

1 - Hotel Palacio
2 - Hotel Mercure
3 - Napolitano Hotel (soon to be removed from the list if I can't find a website)

I just returned from having a wonderful time in Santo Domingo. My final hotel choice was Hotel Mercure. I could not have made a better selection! Hotel Mercure is located on El Conde and centrally located to Zona Colonial.

Hotel Mercure has a prepay special. If you pay in advance with a no refund policy the room cost is $67 USD double occupancy per night, including all taxes. The price also includes a free breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast, fruit, rolls, etc).

JMD

Aug 3, 2006
Help is needed here...first time in DR, will stay in SP de Marcori but don't know the place, any advice?

JMD

Aug 3, 2006
Help is needed here....

First time in DR and will stay in SP de Macoris. Can anyone help me with any advice about the place? Hotel, transportation and security
Thanks

May 12, 2005
There's a Howard Johnson in San Pedro. I stayed there once. Not the greatest. I rember some power and water troubles. Maybe it has gotten better.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Juan Dolio is one town over and has a few decent NON AI hotels.
Maybe Mommc, who lives there will see this post and make a suggestion.
You could actually try the search function on here!

Mommc Says:
"Flor di Loto is still there.....
altho Mara is in India right now....
Give Benito a call at 809-526-1146 for reservations...."

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You might want to

JMD said:
First time in DR and will stay in SP de Macoris. Can anyone help me with any advice about the place? Hotel, transportation and security
Thanks

Start a new thread in the South Coast forum. this discussion is about Santo Domingo hotels.

Having said that, San Pedro is an "interesting" choice for a first trip to the DR. Not a tourist destination, and choices in accomodations are few.

nixonbd

Sep 16, 2006
Antiguo Europa

Very guest friendly, but will photo copy your guest's ID. Had a couple guests up to my room with no problema. It's located at the end of El Conde, about three blocks off the beaten path, but a nice place to stay at $65 per night. Nothing fancy, 2 star by most standards.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Has anyone stayed at Penalba, Mercure, or Palacio recently? I'll be in SD for 4 or 5 days next week...currently leaning towards the mercure for the price...is it still as nice as it was? Still friendly towards guests? Ive stayed at the Intercontinental and Jaragua...and the small Hotel Residencia in Gazcue...thinking of ZC over malecon this trip...