Gun Robbers in Sosua

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Read through the posts:

* any day where your friends aren't dripping blood out of the back of a pickup truck is a good day.
* I didn't see the owner on the tapes. The store is open long hours, so you can't expect him to be on duty all the time.

I just watched it again as I was thinking last night that these guys weren't thugs. They've had some security, police, and/or military training. They handled the clerk with minmal necessary force and not intimidation. Age group. Hats to avoid any face photos. The bullet proof vest. The calm manner. The coordination and spacing while infiltrating the store. These guys are not your average barrio rats. They are professionals and probably have day jobs in security or similar.

Just my hunch.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Read through the posts:

* any day where your friends aren't dripping blood out of the back of a pickup truck is a good day.
* I didn't see the owner on the tapes. The store is open long hours, so you can't expect him to be on duty all the time.

I just watched it again as I was thinking last night that these guys weren't thugs. They've had some security, police, and/or military training. They handled the clerk with minmal necessary force and not intimidation. Age group. Hats to avoid any face photos. The bullet proof vest. The calm manner. The coordination and spacing while infiltrating the store. These guys are not your average barrio rats. They are professionals and probably have day jobs in security or similar.

Just my hunch.

thanks for those observations. now i know that i am not absolutely nuts. i pegged those guys for cops the minute i saw them. regular thugs do not do pat downs..

Sep 4, 2012
Well the 3 punks who robbed the colmado were finally arrested - 3 men with typical blank eyes, likely drug abusers who will never be productive members of the DR - Hopefully they get 20 years for brandishing firearms but my guess is they will be back on the streets inside of 2 years.
http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/la-vega-apresan-supuestos-autores-de-asalto-al-supermercado-el-profeta-en-sosua/

These are the types of assholes one need to show no mercy and under the situation stated on the OP, shoot them dead twice. Scums of the universe!

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
thanks for those observations. now i know that i am not absolutely nuts. i pegged those guys for cops the minute i saw them. regular thugs do not do pat downs..

It didn't say in the article, but I still think so. It didn't say much about the three.

I could be wrong too.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/la-veg...e-asalto-al-supermercado-el-profeta-en-sosua/

Google Translated.

Sosúa.- They were transferred from the city of La Vega to the headquarters of the Northern Regional Command PN, three alleged criminals, who were arrested on Friday afternoon by members of the National Police of the city of La Vega, in a routine checkup and When they were seized, the pistol that had been stolen from the El Prophet supermarket was taken away last January, located on Alejo Martínez street in the El batey district, Sosúa municipality.
The detainees are 21-year-old Lember García De Los Dantos, 21-year-old Iban De Jesus Acosta, alias El Comando and Braulio Manuel Tejada Grullon, who, in addition to the stolen pistol, were taken into custody, the Toyota Canrry car, color Red, Plate no. A683081, owned by the father of one of the detainees (Braulio Manuel Tejada Grullon), in addition to another gun and two cell phones.
It is recalled that on the night of January 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM, three unknown persons armed with pistols entered the El Prophet supermarket, located on Alejo Martinez street in the El Batey tourist sector and loaded with the sale of the day, a pistol, a chain, among other things, for this fact will be submitted to justice the three arrested as reported.