Haitian roundup

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
THE USE OF neo-Nazi is almost exclusively a term used by western liberals when they losing an argument or to vilify something they either know little about or understand, or Palestinian supporters. Haitians throughout history have caused a great deal of pain in the DR and a passive invasion is feared, as it should be.
I'm agreed. I would only see guest that non-liberals would have the courage to confront some of the uglier aspects of the ideology. I admit the issues related to "liberalism ", for lack of a better term. 

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
This is in response to post #67 which was a good thought out post regarding my comments.  Again, I am pro deportation of Haitian nationals who do not have their papers in order.  Send all of them back home.  Also, I have personally voiced my opinion regarding the defamation of the DR, but to say there isn't a form of racism in DR towards Haitian is not honest. Historically, one can understand the indifference.  Now ,is this form of racism to the magnitude of USA I have to say there is no comparison.  Again, personally I think DR has been very hospitable to it's neighbor and have publicly expressed my opinion to foreigners and my compatriots who are not aware of the reality in the Dominican Republic. I personally feel relations would improve if Haiti's infrastructure and economy resembles DR.

There isn't anything a Haitian national with economic resources can't acquire in the DR and color isn't an impediment despite the preferential type of people "due to colonialism" which every country that we're colonize suffer from. The only issue rather argument I have is what will happen to these Dominican of Haitian heritage circa 1929 whose parents toiled in the sugar plantations on a legal contract. Many cañeros are not receiving their pension benefits.   Yes the PNRE is an option if they can prove they are from Haiti? My concern is about the 6th generation Dominican who cannot prove his/her link to Haiti?  For Haitian nationals of say 20 years this shouldn't be a problem but what about those who completely do not have that administrative connection.  Again, it's going to be hard to acquire them papers in Haiti. Again,this only effects  poor Haitians and poor Dominican of Haitian descent,as middle class and up have acquired their residency status in order which the international community seems to neglect.

Again this is a very complex situation and those using the fear of unification is only exacerbating relations.  Haitians will never want to unify with DR, rather coexist with mutual respect is the goal.