Happy Or Sad In The Dr?

Do you feel satisfied or unsatisfied with your decision to live in the DR?

• Satisfied

Votes: 79 68.1%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 19.8%

• Total voters

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
"There's no place like home"...

By the way, let's not misunderestimate NALs.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Another ambiguously worded poll.

Obviously, alternately, anyone can be sad or happy anywhere in the world at any time. It all depends on circumstances. I e, a wedding or a funeral.

But if your question is whether one is generally satisfied or dissatisfied, living in DR, will mostly depend on one's general financial situation.

The reason why Dominicans risk all to navigate the Mona passage and Haitians sneak across to our side, is due to deprivation brought on by $$$ constrains. Not necesserally because they want to abandone their way of life.

The common denominator here is money or the lack of. Just about anyone who chooses DR as a place to reside permanently, will know that without bucks, he/she will be utterly miserable. But with enough dough, life can be dolce indeed in our flawed paradise.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Language is not conservative.

...What would be the purpose to add a new word like unsatisfied, when we already had a perfectly good word, dissatisfied?
I am not a native speaker of English, so I ought not really insist.
My understanding of the two words is that 'dissatisfied' refers to somebody, who, in the past, was not satisfied in his or her expectations.

'Unsatisfied' for me is a word that expresses that certain needs or expectations yet want to be fulfilled.

Well, of course, my understanding is irrelevant...

I feel that English is a very fast changing and flexible language, new words are coined almost daily.

So: Language lives, dinosaurs became extinct.

m'frog

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I'm afraid that for all this talk about dis and un we are going to get a 2 page post!!!!:paranoid:

C

Chip00

Satisfied

I'm fairly satisfied for the following reasons:

1. Dominican wife is happy
2. Bilingual school close by for my daughters
3. House with screens and water heater
4. Aguilas de Cibao games
5. Cold Presidente
6. Mom and Dad's night out finally!
7. $9 golf round
8. Plenty of cold presidente.
9. Plenty of pleasant people (as long as they aren't trying to sell me something).
10. Winter a thing of the past!

Chip

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Any Professors In Da Crib?

Contra NALs, you can't even get the "flu" without someone (or SOME people) noticing it and NOT let you forget it.

I wonder how many DR1 members are "Catedraticos"?.

Hey, there's a poll for you, haha!.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Contra NALs, you can't even get the "flu" without someone (or SOME people) noticing it and NOT let you forget it.

I wonder how many DR1 members are "Catedraticos"?.

Hey, there's a poll for you, haha!.
:bunny: University professors?:cool:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you learn your English from American TV, press or even worse, George Bush, you will be speaking a different language that what we speak.

Can someone tell me if the above is proper English?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Product of my age ;) Classical British education in 1950's with Latin to age 18 plus required translation of historical docs. at University. Plus being brought up Roman Catholic in the days when the Mass was in Latin. So it's an accident of date of birth rather than anything else................:laugh: Did I get it right?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The poll indicates that the majority (although only 50 votes at the writing of this post) is satisfied in the DR notwithstanding the many crime posts. Just a small observation.