Hotel Visitors

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I agree that it's a simple question of economics, and if people want to cut out the romantic and intellectual side of a relationship it's chacun a son gout.

AZB credited me with being 'decent and educated' and for me part of this involves having empathy. This means that although I was lucky enough to be born on the rich side of the world, I realise that if I were a Dominican woman from a poor household, limited education and few economic options, I may well also be in the position where I would consider donning the lycra and putting myself in the path of those desperate walking wallets in Sosua or wherever. Of course it's easier and more lucrative than cleaning somebody's house or working in a Zona Franca! Most importantly, to follow Golo's drift, it makes them no less worthy than so-called classy light skinned rich girls who are after a man who can provide them with those all important designer labels and luxury cars. That's the way they have been conditioned.

So try exercising some empathy. I don't know if any of you men can stretch your imaginations to that extent but it's worth a try!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jan, just a question?

Why are you single? Isnt it the same reason I am. You figure its better. You have your pick of the pack. Or dont tell me you are just a one mans woman? Can you remember all names of all your boyfriends? To do that I have to sit down and start a list, and sure miss quite a few. Girls like you rule the earth too.

Why is it that every woman who is ready to listen to my pitch denies her boyfriend?

TW

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Relax Jan, luckily not all men are like that, even though it may sometimes seem that way.

These guys also have a touch of intelligent, self-mocking irony which I respect. They are up-front about the way they see the world, however unpalatable it may seem to us. The women who go for them are welcome to them, and there's no harm done as long as they know the score.

By being upfront they are actually helping you in your selection process. It's worse to be led along by a man who plays along with you only to show his true colours later in the game.

Don't lose heart!

Chirimoya

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I don't know Jan but by all accounts she is attractive intelligent and fun loving. I would hazard a guess that she is 'still single' because she is discerning. It can be a long process: you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!

PS what to do about the scrambled sequence of these postings?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
To be honest..when I was younger I had many men. But when I got older I learned what was important. Now I'm way too picky. Sometimes thats good and others its bad. But I like me! And Sniffy loves me and thats what really counts!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey Chirimoya

I like your sense of fairness and understanding. Its true. Men should not lie to women. They should be up front and tell them what the score is. Dominican women know what goes on. They can tell "serious" offers from guys like me who offer "business" solutions to an old problem in DR.

You see, while many foreigners and tourists looking for Dominican women have terrible taste and like AZB said they sometimes pick the ugliest bitches, others also score well and get some nice looking girls. These guys are offering financial protection. We also compete with thousands of corrupt political officials who are married but are out there cleaning up all the young nice girls in our universities. Just go to UTESA, APEC and Unibe and check all the jeepetas circling around like vultures.

But we single guys have the best chance. We have more time and more money available for these things. Still, we cant leave all these girls up for grabs. Somebody has to jump in, otherwise we will be left with the rift raft. Its life in DR. No one can do anything about it. Its a meat market. I had an experience that I will never forget. Long ago I had this girlfriend who claimed she was a virgin and refused to have sex with me. We had a normal girlfriend-boyfriend relation. We broke up later on, and a few months later she was pregnant from a jobless nobody. I learned my lesson. "If you dont screw them somebody will".

As for Jan. Well, its never too late to marry or find your prince, but based on experience, most Dominican men marry at a very early age before they discover their mistake. Marriage failure is higher than 50% in DR. The rest have lots of problems with infidelity and money. Few women after 30 years of age marry in DR due to lack of prospective partners."All the good men are taken". I consider myself a good man. But I refuse to live with just one woman and prefer not to live in a lie. As a foreigner and a different type of woman, Jan may have a better chance to find a suitable man. But mature Dominican girls have little or no options.

TW

Geraldo

Jan 2, 2002
i didnt know what I was getting into with my simple request for info....wow talk about a lot of hangups....And I did mean regular girls...When you visit a place for a couple of weeks and your working you come in contact with nice girls who you like and respect and surprise surprise sometimes you want to go to your hotel with them...And you should be able to do that...You can in the USA and most countires..Instead the DR has a security at evvery hotel and treats every female visitor as a hooker..the system is wrong...I still didnt get ana nswer..im assuming places like the jaragua still stop female visiotrs.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Geraldo said:
I still didnt get ana nswer..im assuming places like the jaragua still stop female visiotrs.

Wrong. Your question was answered several times. Single occupancy means single occupancy.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I take your point, Geraldo: this has strayed off the topic and some of us have detoured into our pet subjects. I agree about the attitudes you mention and it brings to mind a case I heard about where a mixed race couple (he - white, she - black)from a western country on holiday here came up against a lot of negative reactions from people who assumed he was a tourist and she was a Dominican prostitute. They weren't allowed into nightclubs, for example. Not that I think that it should make any difference. But if a hotel has a policy about no visitors to rooms that goes for all guests.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"but based on experience, most Dominican men marry at a very early age before they discover their mistake." TW

Hahahahaha, so true........

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Chirimoya" You used the phrase...................

...."Desperate walking wallets" in a previous post.After further reflection,and possible enlightenment from a few of us "wallets" you may reconsider. I know that I don't feel desperate.And "golo","AZB","Jazzcom","X-man",and lots of others don't either.I like to use my analogy of;"The Home Cooked Meal"! There is nothing better than your favorite "Home Cooked Meal"!Cooked just like you want,by your lovely wife! I love roast turkey(the"Dark Meat", of course!),stuffing,mashed potatoes,corn and cheese casserole,with lots of gravy over everything! Maybe some warm pecan pie with vanilla ice-cream at about 9 pm."Wow!" I don't want that same turkey dinner each and every night!Therefore, I also like to go out to a restaurant and try some new "Dishes".Maybe something you never tried before(A little hard for me,but I have been taught a new trick or two)Maybe you want to try two "Dishes" on the same plate!!!!!Maybe you just want a plate of "Deserts".When you are satisfied,you pay your bill and leave! No "dirty dishes" to wash! ....When will women learn that we men are different! Any guy with $50,000 can go into any Cadillac dealership and buy a white convertable.We drive around like we have done something incredible.Something special."Look at me,I have a Cadillac"!We love our "Toys" and our "Trophys"! What I find hard to take,is when a guy thinks that the girl is really in love with him.He gives her thousands of pesos,or even dollars!That is the guy that I feel sorry for! That is the guy that "AZB" saw in the bank!CRIS

Last edited:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Chirimoya,

yours is a different sound. I'm not sure jet if you are real or a feminist in diguise. Anyway you got my attention and that of some other 'hardcore machos' here on this board too.
X.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
But have you ever concidered your wives feelings when you stray? Is she permitted to get a man on the side or is that only for the men to have? " OK Honey...its Friday night. You go get your dinner and I'll get mine. Saturday we'll get together and compare notes and see if either of have learned something new" I'll go for a marriage like that! I'm in then. Go out have some fun and return with a few ideas or diseases to share! Count me in!!!

Last edited:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hi Jan

Sharing your secrete sex life with your spouse would be extremly inconsiderate.
X.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
A little back more on the subject, forget the Jaragua

Geraldo,
I have talked to a few people who have stayed at the Jaragua. Not guest friendly at all. Unless you want to try to sneak a guest in. And if you pay for double occupancy, they have to register with you then. Jaragua is nice, been in there twice, but this country boy doesn't need to pay over 100US dollars for a room and then try to sneak a woman in or have to use another hotel. There are other guest friendly hotels that are nice, I mentioned the Napolitano which is just down the street from the Jaragua.

Well I lied, I am straying back off the subject. We can all argue about women being treated as commodities and I can argue that women are the best hunters on the face of the earth, once you are in their sights, run like the hounds of hell are after you. I plan on staying single and having a lot of fun. I think a bible verse goes something like this "Become fruitful and populate the earth." Being a "good devout christian ;) " I try to follow the first part but Mr. Trojan so far has stopped my populating of the earth. I love women but not one woman, maybe some day when I can find a woman that can cook, make love all day, and has a nice pysique, and 20 years younger than myself, so I have a while to wait, and then I would probably only stray every other week or so. I have never had married women in the DR that I know of but I have in the US. If women acted like men, just sought pleasure without all the emotional attachment, the world would be a "free love for all." That is utopia for me.
dale7

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Criss, I'm glad to hear you don't consider yourself desperate, and if you have no illusions about these women wanting you for anything more than your wallet we are on the same wavelength, although with slightly different tastes.

And yes, I know men are different on the whole, but not all men go for recreational sex no matter what you may say. You recommended in a previous post that I should try a sanky... and the mere fact that sankies are there means there is a demand from women for recreational sex too, so maybe men and women are not so different after all. In my experience there may be more men than women who really go for the sex part without needing any emotional involvement, and more women than men who kid themselves that the relationship is meaningful and end up deluded and confused. But some men do too, and the living proof can be found on these forums.

And by the way X-man, I am both 'real' and a feminist without any need for disguise. I would say that any woman with two braincells to rub together is - or should be a - feminist, and any man with a brain in his skull should be supportive of feminism. Feminists do not believe men and women are identical, just that women should have the same rights as men to choose what they want in life, whether that be sexual freedom, monogamy, a career, children or whatever. But many people still have the negative stereotype of a ball-breaking man-hating dyke when they think of feminists, very convenient when shouting down reasoned arguments in favour of sexual equality.

But this is taking us even further off the point. What Jan took exception to, and what brought me into this thread, was the way some of the contributors referred to women as if they were mere merchandise. If I haven't made the point clearly enough before, here it is again: do what you like, enjoy what you do, but for goodness sake try and have some respect and empathy for the human beings you do it with!

Chirimoya

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's not forget the flip side of the coin, the many woman that come to the DR in search of their groove. Just walk down any resort beach. Didn't they make a film about that a year or so back?
Isn't it discrimination that a girl can bring a guy she just picked up in a night club into the hotel, yet the guy is stopped at the door and the girl refused entry?

One thing I have always been opposed of is people coming into a country and trying to inflict their own moral and social values on the people. I wish people would just live and let live and get it into their heads that when in Rome etc.

Often people come to this board and rant on about it's disgusting what you "imported" guys are doing. Let's not forget that many Dominican males are doing it as well. I'm not saying all, but many have multiple partners and if given the chance, will cheat on their wives. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just telling you that's how it is. By the same token, I know plenty of woman that have cheated or cheat on their husbands and many girls that know the guy is married and has kids, yet still don't have a problem with partying and sleeping with the guy why his wife is at home being mum.

As long as we are talking about consenting adults, then I feel how people play out their lives is entirely up to them, I don't judge them, I'm happy. Personally I believe the variety of relationship options (marriage to multiple partners) makes the world a more colorful place.

Let me add. I personally know a few of the guys that frequent this board and I have been out to dinner or partying with them. They have always treated the girls they are with extremely well. I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about being a gentleman and the little things that end up turning the girls into putty in their hands. Let's not forget, the girls are having fun too.

For many males, the DR (Latin America) is a welcome change from being threatened with pepper spray, a lawsuit or told to get lost because you have passed a genuine "feel good" comment in a club or bar. Fortunately I unsubscribed from "Cosmo" years ago!

By the way. How many times have we discussed this subject on DR1? It's starting to sound like a scratched record...

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Robert, that is some wisdom

I have lurked around here for about a year and posted a little here and there. Robert, I agree with where you are coming from. Everyone one of has different morals and beliefs, as long as we don't try to shove them down someone's throat, stay open to new ideas, keep an open mind and respect other's views, we will continue to grow as people. Everyone of us come from different social classes, ethnic backgrounds, and religious affiliations and that affects the way we view the world and what we consider the right way to live or act. By the way, I am not sexist but I have burned too many times so I am very leery of those female hunters :cool: To those I have offended, who sent me nasty emails, oh well, I am very blunt, get over it;) Peace out because I am done on this thread as well. Dominican women are still some of the most exquisite and sexy women in the world :cheeky:
dale7