Hotels to stay in Puerto Plata area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
Puerto Plata Hotel Merengue?

Anyone heard of it?

Was over for the new year and wandered into Rocky's only to find it was the 1st restaurant I ever visited the 1st time I came to DR ,with my friend of 3-4yrs now.
Didn't have the ribs, but the beef kebabs were excellent and prices good.
Great value for money.
Only thing is same quizzical looks from folks at us.
Get that all over from both locals and "gringos"
Not that I'm that old, just nearly bald. She does dress ah, well.
I found the Waterfront to have the most pleasant waiters and prices were reasonable, food great. Just buy a beer , Presidente of course, and have access through the hotel grounds to the beach.
Its a nice place but needs a buck or two to upgrade and refurbish.
I nearly fell through a drain cover near the pool!!
One of these days I'll get organised and have dinner when the sun sets over the sea. How cool is that?

Can't say the same about Mai Mai is that the name? opposite PJ's on corner of Pedro Clisante and Duarte is it?, waiters grumpy and surly, food average, prices so so, I'll never go back,thats twice and 2 lousy evenings.
I guess my friend isn't the "right type" so if the idea is to put me off from going there....it has worked...
I'm sure bush baby would approve..?

Anyhoo, next trip its off to Rocky's to try the famous ribs and get the sunset dining sorted "On The Waterfront"

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Field of Dreams...................That's the ticket

We all know the Field of Dreams is a "family" place.;) Billy would never permit such a thing!

"Are we talking about the same Billy here?"

To the original poster, I would put my money on F.o.D.
Billy will go out of his way to help a newbie and you might seek out his son Chris who also works the place he's your age.
Together they can tell you where its at (If you follow my drift)

As far as location, Public transportation to town stops right at the entrance.
or a cab costs 100 Pesos.( 3 bucks )

Ask Billy were Long Beach is (Crystals) Girls, Girls, Girls.

Last but not least their is never a single supplement at Billy's F.o D.
Also, for those times you feel like entertaining, no extra charge and the night watchmen is blindfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.