How many people have had guns pointed at them here in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2011
I always tell my gf how glad I am that I don't have a gun when we're out driving... about ten times a day. Guns and road rage. Bad news.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I still doubt I could pull a trigger on a human being - I dont know how people get to that point

If you are driving the way you are telling us here, i have a growing feeling you provoked him, and you should know by know how to drive in traffic without provoking other drivers.

This story has two sides, i would love to hear what the other driver had to say.

Anyway, this time he didnt use the gun, next time it could be you are entering the yearly Darwin awards for not changing your driving habits.

Dec 26, 2011
I have had gun pointed at me, and it went off too. Like Mr Hartley.

Matilda

Your description of what followed in WAYS was intriguing. Hearing the shot and not even realizing until later that it's you that's been hit. Glad you're still with us.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Your description of what followed in WAYS was intriguing. Hearing the shot and not even realizing until later that it's you that's been hit. Glad you're still with us.

was playing dominoes under a tree on the POP malecon one day. this kid had a beef with another kid, and they were exchanging greetings. suddenly, the younger kid pulls a 38 out of his waistband, and empties it into the other guy. the guy who had been hit pulls a knife and tries to stab the other guy. all the onlookers thought it was a gun filled with blanks. they breathed a sigh of relief, until the guy walked up the sidestreet and fell dead in front of a colmado. the cops came an hour later, took a look at the body, and buggered off. it was a major holiday, so there was a lot of Presidente on ice, everywhere. who has time to investigate homicide when bachata is being played, and the beers are ice cold?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I love a good western, hence why I can enjoy myself here at times!

Although the westerns are become more and more like gangster movies these days, which I'm not so keen on.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I love a good western, hence why I can enjoy myself here at times!

Although the westerns are become more and more like gangster movies these days, which I'm not so keen on.

if you have not seen Unforgiven, or Tombstone, go watch them both.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why do some find it appropriate to "Blame the Victim"???
I don't care if he rear ended the Mercedes, no need to brandish a fire arm!!!!!!!
Just like in threads where women are abused, because they "Asked For It"!!!!!!
I worked in security here for many years, had a FEW fire arms pulled on me.
I just made sure my Back Ups, had MORE!
Problem with a Dominican man with a gun is, he will shoot you, rather than fight you!
Cowards work that way!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's appropriate to blame the "victim" because he did himself wrong. what would you say about someone who puts a prop gun to the head of a NYPD cop saying "you taking to me?"

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
it's appropriate to blame the "victim" because he did himself wrong. what would you say about someone who puts a prop gun to the head of a NYPD cop saying "you taking to me?"

Definitely not a valid comparison.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I disagree about road rage. In europe I ve told myself a few times "thank god I do t have a gun or I would have shot him".
But now that I m in my pickup with a gun under my thigh, I ve realised I would never use a gun in anger and even less on a human being, for a trivial thing likebad driving.....
If I pull my gun out its only in last resort and only to shoot it fast and straight (hopefully), in the face of clear and present danger ( and I hope the situation will never arise).

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No, but he has been here long enough to know that he is dealing with mental cases, illogical and irrational mentality. It is our responsibility to adapt to our environment and if we know a high percentage of drivers carry guns, and a high percentage or the population are quite violent and don't take much provoking to shoot at people, then if we drive like an aggressive loon and we come across another aggressive loon then we are responsible to some extent for the outcome.

If someone was doing that to me in the UK for example, I'd stop at lights and get out and go to the window of his car and tell him to fkuc off, I know I'm not going to get shot, unless I am one of the most unlucky people on this planet. Here, I would never contemplate getting out of my car at lights for fear I would be shot by someone for something, and certainly I wouldn't approach a car driving aggressively behind me. So I have adapted a new mentality in traffic, and new driving style and certainly my reactions to idiots is different to elsewhere. Even in Spain and Greece I drive quite differently as road rage there is very high and people are always getting stabbed and killed over silly car maneuvers.
It seems in hot countries road rage is more common, well in my experience anyway, cooler countries are little more chilled.:cool:
I advise our OP to adapt a little before he has his balls adapted to a necklace.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Every time I am tempted with road-rage by the crazy drivers here, I remind myself that even the esteemed and beloved mayor of Cabarete allegedly took a shot at another driver who upset him.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Problem with a Dominican man with a gun is, he will shoot you, rather than fight you!
Cowards work that way!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hmmm.......
Without any desire to start a flash war...
I think that statement could be expanded to include more than just Dominican men.
It brings to mind a story that was recently in the news..
Many men with a gun do tend to develop a rather inflated view of their own manhood.....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In answer to the headline question of this thread, I have been threatened with a gun pointed at me in a bar here. I was foolish enough to try to calm an argument between a drunk American and a Canadian over a chica when the American produced and pointed a gun at me. He was kind enough not to shoot.

One of the few things I miss about the UK is the absence of guns.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chrisgy, it was not a comparison. it was an example that the "victim" may sometimes have it coming. we do not know who was in a car in front of the OP. could have been a narco, could have been someone who was assaulted and robbed in the rear crash scame, could have been a policeman strung high because of recent attackes at the police. could have been someone who saw the OP as a danger.

malko, what about road rage you disagree? that it does not exist? that you would not pull a gun at someone? yeah, so what? you would also not kill another person over a 15 pesos debt but there are people who would...

Status
Not open for further replies.