How much do you like DR1.com?

How much do you like DR1.com?

• Excellent, the best on the net!

Votes: 97 49.7%
  • Good, but it needs a little change.

Votes: 57 29.2%
  • Good and don't need a change.

Votes: 30 15.4%
  • Bad, this site needs to be redone completely!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Horrible, too opinionated, too unjust, too yadi yadi yada...

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ability to 'quote' more than one posts when responding to a post/thread - like a pop-up window on the "Reply to Thread" frame that allows you to scroll other posts and/or threads .... please, don't shoot the messenger.

There are ways to do this. Anyone can do it ;)

How about posting all upgrade suggestions then allow members to vote on what they would like to have implemented first? .... true democracy on DR1 :)

yeah that would be fun :rolleyes:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
'User friendly' user interface

There are ways to do this. Anyone can do it ;)

I know how to do it, but the theme is 'User Friendly GUI' :confused:

yeah that would be fun :rolleyes:

Probably not fun, but give the people what they want. One trick I used quite successfully as a PM when users wanted everything yesterday was to let them decide on the sequence of their upgrades ;)

Last edited:

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Very good information

Even for a FRENCH canadian like me , it's allways a pleasure to take a peek at DR1 forums.
It permit me to keep contact with all the people, the news and opinions 'bout Dominican republic.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I love this site, it is very user friendly.

Suggestion: would it be possible to set it up so that there are different message types, such as "advice", "comment" or a "personal response" for example. Sometimes people come here with a serious issue or in a hurry looking for only valid advice and don't have time or are not really interested in personal comments or jokes about someone else's messages. In this case they could just filter members' responses on their thread according to what they want to read.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I think it's the best Dominican Republic resource on the Internet by far...
Not only does it have tonnes of info and news on every topic, for the 1st time visitor to the seasoned local and resident, but the forums are also a GREAT source of information (and entertainment!)...regarless if ppl are opinionated or not...that doesn't change the overall quality of DR1...if anything it makes it all the more interesting ;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Since I frequent DR 3 times a year, I like to keep informed. This forum serves both as an information provider and great entertainment while at work.;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I love this forum. It is informative and a lot of fun. Why does the status message tell me: "Voters: 127. You have already voted on this poll"?

I have not voted yet ...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I love this forum. It is informative and a lot of fun. Why does the status message tell me: "Voters: 127. You have already voted on this poll"?

I have not voted yet ...
You have been a member since 2006, chances are you've voted already and simply don't remember.

-NALs

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
:laugh: Hey, they used to sell nice and rare stuff to get people to come out to vote for the only one candidate during the old times .. And here we are all doing it for free with SEVERAL options available :bored:

I just realized this is not a new poll ... Or maybe it is because I am using a public computer :confused: I will try again from home when I am back ...

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This poll is more than a year old. You must have had another name when you voted.

Think about it for a second and I'm sure it will all come back to you. Not only have you voted but you've posted. :rolleyes:

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Like Bronxboy, I get my daily fix of info and insight here as I visit the DR 4+ times per year.

:eek:gre:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
This poll is more than a year old. You must have had another name when you voted.

Think about it for a second and I'm sure it will all come back to you. Not only have you voted but you've posted. :rolleyes:

Now I remember ... Thanks! But, really, this is a cool site. I wish they had similar for other countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notribao

Mar 1, 2008
I found DR1.com not long ago, before it i scanned several DR and tourism forums, but found nothing good. So i think that DR1.com for now is the best ! 10 of 10!

cisnereal

Dec 1, 2007
This site is ok, however not so user friendly. I spend too much time trying to find my posts, or reactions to my messages.
As we say in Dutch: sometimes I can't see the wood because of all the trees!