How to help a chica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Oh, this just keeps getting better ...

Imma run out of Orville Redenbacher for sure now, before this is a Wrap...

Mods.. Please let this take its course ..
we been so good lately... Just look in the OT Forum...
we been good.

mooboy

Jun 23, 2017
I would never just send someone money on a regular basis. If i did that, it'd be a one time only thing... to start a business, learn a trade, get a work permit to somewhere with better jobs, etc (a one time thing that would set her up in the long run). If you decided to help a girl like this, how would you go about it? 

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I was surprised to get this many responses already, although I expected cynicism (although the sheer number of very similar cynical comments has me surprised). I'm cynical myself, but surely you all don't think it's impossible for a westerner to meet someone in the DR who's worth helping? I'll tell you what i'm pretty certain about and what i'm not. 

I feel confident that her ex used her, knocked her up, and abandoned her. 
I feel confident that she lives in Santiago, doesn't make much money there, has only just started traveling to Sosua to supplement her income, and doesn't like having to do that. 
I feel confident that she's doing this to support her 3 year old daughter. 
I feel confident that she's very religious. 
I feel confident that she enjoyed the sex a lot and that it's been a long time since she's had good sex.
I feel confident that she'd act as if she likes any westerner, no matter if she really does or not. 
I feel confident that i can't expect any kind of sexual loyalty from her. She has a kid to feed. 

I'm not sure whether she really likes me. It wouldn't surprise me if she did. I'm 35, look like i'm 25, and handsome. She'd probably be considered a 7 physically and I would be higher then a 7. Combine that with being a good lover, willing to date a girl who has someone else's kid (which i doubt most dominican men would), and being genuinely caring. I don't find it hard to believe that i'd be a good catch in her eyes for reasons beyond just the prospect of a visa and money. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she doesn't really like me. I'm not getting my hopes up in this respect. 

I feel pretty confident that she's a genuinely good person. Under normal circumstances, i trust my instincts about people completely. These however are not normal circumstances. This is someone who has an ulterior motive to having me like them, who has been trying to manipulate me to some extent, who comes from a culture that's alien to me. I understand that. Yet, even taking into account those things, my judgement is that she's a good person who's worth me caring about and that if i could help her, it wouldn't be a mistake. 

Whether or not i'm capable of helping her is another question however. 

I'm American, not a cynical person, married to a Dominican, but this post says it all and if you really believe what you just posted, then you will want to join the Captain Savahoe fraternity. Membership is free, plenty of support from other men just like you who also went broke after being sucked into a fantasy by a puta. Good luck. BTW, use xoom.com to send her money for kids, sick family, food, and all of the emergencies that will come up.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would never just send someone money on a regular basis. If i did that, it'd be a one time only thing... to start a business, learn a trade, get a work permit to somewhere with better jobs, etc (a one time thing that would set her up in the long run). If you decided to help a girl like this, how would you go about it? 

Well, If you dont want to go the SALON route,
Some of us have learned from others "experiences" that Chicken Farming can be Very Lucrative and profitable in the DR....
Have you ever thought about becoming a Finca owner, or Chicken farmer in the DR.?
As you know everyone loves Fresh Eggs, and Pica Pollo's are practically everywhere... no denying that .

Its a nice opportunity ,for the right, ambitious , hard working long term thinking type person..

mooboy

Jun 23, 2017
So one should never want to help a puta under any circumstances? One should never trust one's own judgement about the situation (even if one's judgement about people is usually spot on)? And like i said, if i helped her, it'd be a one time thing. I wouldn't give another cent no matter what. 

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was surprised to get this many responses already, although I expected cynicism (although the sheer number of very similar cynical comments has me surprised). I'm cynical myself, but surely you all don't think it's impossible for a westerner to meet someone in the DR who's worth helping? I'll tell you what i'm pretty certain about and what i'm not. 

I feel confident that her ex used her, knocked her up, and abandoned her. 
I feel confident that she lives in Santiago, doesn't make much money there, has only just started traveling to Sosua to supplement her income, and doesn't like having to do that. 
I feel confident that she's doing this to support her 3 year old daughter. 
I feel confident that she's very religious. 
I feel confident that she enjoyed the sex a lot and that it's been a long time since she's had good sex.
I feel confident that she'd act as if she likes any westerner, no matter if she really does or not. 
I feel confident that i can't expect any kind of sexual loyalty from her. She has a kid to feed. 

I'm not sure whether she really likes me. It wouldn't surprise me if she did. I'm 35, look like i'm 25, and handsome. She'd probably be considered a 7 physically and I would be higher then a 7. Combine that with being a good lover, willing to date a girl who has someone else's kid (which i doubt most dominican men would), and being genuinely caring. I don't find it hard to believe that i'd be a good catch in her eyes for reasons beyond just the prospect of a visa and money. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she doesn't really like me. I'm not getting my hopes up in this respect. 

I feel pretty confident that she's a genuinely good person. Under normal circumstances, i trust my instincts about people completely. These however are not normal circumstances. This is someone who has an ulterior motive to having me like them, who has been trying to manipulate me to some extent, who comes from a culture that's alien to me. I understand that. Yet, even taking into account those things, my judgement is that she's a good person who's worth me caring about and that if i could help her, it wouldn't be a mistake. 

Whether or not i'm capable of helping her is another question however. 
Do you know what a "10" is to the kind of chica you described?

A "2" with $8 million... :cheeky:

Reminds me of Bo Dean and Billy Bob hanging out at the cowboy bar and judging pretty girls who walk by.

Pretty brunette walks by. "6" said Billy Bob, "2" said Bo Dean.

Gorgeous blonde walks by. "8" said Billy Bob, "3" said Bo Dean.

Spectacular busty, leggy, slender natural redhead walks by. "Oh My God! That's a 10!" drooled Billy Bob. "6" said Bo Dean.

Ol' Billy Bob exploded. "You arrogant SOB! What is wrong with you? I give the girls real scores and you give them bad scores. What's up with that?"

"Maybe we aren't using the same scales," Bo Dean replied.

"Huh? What do you mean. Everybody uses the 1-10 scale."

Bo Drawled, "Naw, not me. I use the Budweiser scale."

"Budweiser scale? Never heard of that. What is the Budweiser scale?" asked Billy Bob.

"Budweiser Scale? Easy. That's how many Clydesdales it'd take to pull her off my face..."

:cheeky:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...ok.... Im a believer....going to the bodega one more time, please leave thread open for a while longer.......

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So one should never want to help a puta under any circumstances? One should never trust one's own judgement about the situation (even if one's judgement about people is usually spot on)? And like i said, if i helped her, it'd be a one time thing. I wouldn't give another cent no matter what. 

Do you realize you just called this woman you want to help a puta???? Wow I bet she would really appreciate that. IMO you just blew whatever shred of credibility you may have had.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

I don't know how much time you have in the DR, but the putas do this same thing you have described to tourists every chance they get. They're counting on you thinking "you're special" and this girl has probably told this same story to many other customers. Go for it if you want. Send her a little cash via Xoom, and watch to see how long before she asks you again for money. When she does, ask her what will you get for sending it to her. Seriously, check it out with both eyes open.. don't be fooled.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
....I am very sure that the chica you are infatuated with is a member of my church... with my spiritual help and your wallet....there is no way we can fail......

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Mooboy,
If your post is serious, here's my advice. The first golden rule of self preservation is don't try and save the world. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say your well intentioned and have a good heart, especially where children are concerned. But that doesn't mean you have to put your emotional ass in a sling here and risk your finances. Do the right thing for her and you and walk away. Trust me when I say this. She and her child will survive without your help. I know this sounds callous but it's not. She will find another white knight to rescue her as soon as you step aboard your return flight. When you get back home you will see the sanity of this. If you want to truly help the poor here, there are foundations looking for volunteers all the time.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
These helpless chica threads are very enlightening.

I know who to leave off my next wedding invite list.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
These helpless chica threads are very enlightening.

I know who to leave off my next wedding invite list.

You are fighting against a very deeply embedded culture to lie and cheat gringos out of their money.

If you send money it will make her life better but don't expect much in return. If you have lots of money who cares,go ahead , but you could also send to t an orphanage where it would be very much needed. 

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Wait a few months before sending her any money because by then she may be having your baby, this will make it more personal and special for you.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You are fighting against a very deeply embedded culture to lie and cheat gringos out of their money.

If you send money it will make her life better but don't expect much in return. If you have lots of money who cares,go ahead , but you could also send to t an orphanage where it would be very much needed. 

That is very good advice but my post was only sarcasm. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Of course if the right girl came along....

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Just marry her and bring her to the states.

That's the only way to go. And when she gets there don't be surprised if she heads off to New York to be with her real husband who left her behind when he went there 3 years ago.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

Just a one time thing? Didn't you leave her with a few thousand pesos when you left? Wouldn't that be the one time thing.
Der Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.