How to spend election day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Dominicans doing math, this process is awesome!

mangu boo boo is almost like a meme.
before elections, still believing propaganda: the most democratic elections in the world.
after elections, learning about unfavourable results: TRUST NO ONE.

Oct 11, 2010
Too quiet this morning. Any news?

My sentiments also here in Sos?a. I went to sleep thinking this was over. To my surprise I woke up to the news that there was no final count yet for mayor.

However, being that the race for mayor hasn't been "officially" decided, the wait is even more interesting to observe then the actual election. Depending on the final results this may not play out "nicely". The candidates and their constituents do not play well together.

Who would have thought two days of entertainment?!?!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Who would have thought two days of entertainment?!?!

oh, it's gonna last many days. the losers will cry fraud, the guns will be drawn, the leaders will call for calm, the media will fuel the fire. it's gonna be a week full of joy.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here in Jarabacoa the PLD was divided, many were unhappy with the guy that won the candidates race internally. Many of these actively campagned for people to vote against their own parties candidate.

Oct 11, 2010
It appears there will be "no joy in Mudville" for one particular candidate here. Time will tell, the silence is deafening.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
oh, it's gonna last many days. the losers will cry fraud, the guns will be drawn, the leaders will call for calm, the media will fuel the fire. it's gonna be a week full of joy.

You think? I expect everybody to be conformist and say, same old, same old.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You think? I expect everybody to be conformist and say, same old, same old.

yeah, we'd be be like that. but dominicans involved in politics are more of idealists. otherwise there would not be any shootings and deaths during election process. they take this stuff seriously. eventually si dios quiere does win but not without some booing.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
yeah, we'd be be like that. but dominicans involved in politics are more of idealists. otherwise there would not be any shootings and deaths during election process. they take this stuff seriously. eventually si dios quiere does win but not without some booing.
Does this violence over elections really happen here? Has this been qualified by a reputable non gringo source approved by Virgo?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

The few elections I experienced here all passed without real problems AFTER the results were known (2004, 2010, 2012). During the elections some seem to get carried away, that's for sure. 2008 elections I kind of followed from Europe, even brought my wife to Amsterdam to be able to vote, nothing really happened either.

Status
Not open for further replies.