How to spend election day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I know personally Dominicans that have told me the procedures as I outlined in my post when I asked how do they know who they voted for. It was not guess work.

And as I said, that is ONE of the ways.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Okay, now that you have REPEATED that a ZILLION times....

First, this year I STAYED home, so my answer will be from the LAST election.

ONE of the ways it WORKS in SOME barrios is that MONEY is NOT given by the local POLITICAL party REPRESENTATIVE at the time of vote BUYING.

The people only RECEIVE their MONEY if the candidate WINS, the local POLITICAL party representative then PAYS them.
I can't BELIEVE an EX-PAT gringo had to explain to a DOMINICAN how their OWN country works.

Your made-up scheme is obviously unadulterated BS.

But first things first, what some in this thread have been alleging is outright vote buying at or near polling places (not people waiting for the election results to get paid). They are also alleging outright cedula buying which goes 100% against your 'scheme' (if they sell their cedulas how could they help any side to win?)

Furthermore, under your 'scheme' the winner would have to pay EACH AND EVERY voter (possibly everyone registered to vote) since he would have no way of knowing who actually voted for the winner and who didn't. Or is the winner supposed to win with 100% of the vote?

Try again, and think a little bit before concocting the next one.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
There's a lot of trust with these 'bribes', of course the people can take the money and then vote for whoever they want.

So, these people are corrupt enough to sell their votes (which they very well know is wrong and illegal), yet they are HONORABLE enough to actually stick to their end of the bargain when they full well know they don't have to?

Sorry. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course it is true that politicians hand out goods and possibly money at their rallies. They do it knowing full well that there is ZERO guarantee that they will actually get anyone's votes.

Just like in other places politicians may offer welfare aid knowing full well that the people who get it may vote against them. It is of course a lot more expensive to give people life-long welfare aid than to hand them an election-days gift (cash or whatever).
In either case, the voters may take the giveaways and still vote for whoever they want.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Your made-up scheme is obviously unadulterated BS.

But first things first, what some in this thread have been alleging is outright vote buying at or near polling places (not people waiting for the election results to get paid). They are also alleging outright cedula buying which goes 100% against your 'scheme' (if they sell their cedulas how could they help any side to win?)

Furthermore, under your 'scheme' the winner would have to pay EACH AND EVERY voter (possibly everyone registered to vote) since he would have no way of knowing who actually voted for the winner and who didn't. Or is the winner supposed to win with 100% of the vote?

Try again, and think a little bit before concocting the next one.

Look Virgo many of us are married to Dominicans and have experienced a few elections here. My Dominican family, other than my wife, are very involved in politics. I'll take their word over anything you say.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
He's Baack ;)
I am right and you are wrong..... Because I do not want to believe the facts...... I will defend my peeps honor....No matter how ridiculous it makes me look ;)

Yes our DR1 emperor has new clothes....

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Look Virgo many of us are married to Dominicans and have experienced a few elections here. My Dominican family, other than my wife, are very involved in politics. I'll take their word over anything you say.

You can have all the Dominican spouses you want.

That does not give you a license to escape simple logic.

Giving people money HOPING they vote for you is one thing. BUYING a vote is another.

Your Dominican spouse(s) apparently haven't explained to you yet what FORCES a person who receives a gift before voting to actually vote for whoever gave them the gift.

Of course, they may CHOOSE to vote for the gift-giver. But they may choose otherwise.

Maybe you need to ask your Dominican spouse(s) for help.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You can have all the Dominican spouses you want.

That does not give you a license to escape simple logic.

Giving people money HOPING they vote for you is one thing. BUYING a vote is another.

Your Dominican spouse(s) apparently haven't explained to you yet what FORCES a person who receives a gift before voting to actually vote for whoever gave them the gift.

Of course, they may CHOOSE to vote for the gift-giver. But they may choose otherwise.

Maybe you need to ask your Dominican spouse(s) for help.

I'll give you one thing you are stubborn. You still don't seem to be acknowledging that the whole process is illegal and those trying to buy votes should be jailed and those selling should be fined as a minimum or jailed as well.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I'll give you one thing you are stubborn. You still don't seem to be acknowledging that the whole process is illegal and those trying to buy votes should be jailed and those selling should be fined as a minimum or jailed as well.

Tell me again: what FORCES a person who got some type of gift before voting TO ACTUALLY VOTE for the gift-giver?

As long as the gift-receiver keeps all rights to vote as s/he wants NO vote has been sold or bought, and no crime of any kind has been committed.

What part of that don't you understand or agree with?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm loving how JCE is stepping all over PRM squeaks over the results... such entertainment. much fun.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Tell me again: what FORCES a person who got some type of gift before voting TO ACTUALLY VOTE for the gift-giver?

As long as the gift-receiver keeps all rights to vote as s/he wants NO vote has been sold or bought, and no crime of any kind has been committed.

take money from both sides and see who gives the most i vote for them

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Conspiracy?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
PLD seems to be winning in many places. money well spent. 4 more years to grab as much as they can.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
wonder who wood run if we had elections for mods here... actually a good idea...start passing out something

Status
Not open for further replies.