I may have destroyed my paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Manda Dinero said:
I intend to pay for the damages of the car, but they would not give a rat's azz about me if they blocked my passport and had me in jail. I intend to pay, but just under my terms where i have leverage.

You asked for help to contact the rental company, but still have not mentioned where you got the car from. Did you leave the rental contract in the car ? Did you not take a business card from the rental agency when you picked up the car ?

Right now you are feeling pretty safe, but if that rental company is affiliated with any of the majors, they will get you. They will get you for lost income on the car as well.

Your problems are only beginning. Good luck to you.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
Sylvester said:
You asked for help to contact the rental company, but still have not mentioned where you got the car from. Did you leave the rental contract in the car ? Did you not take a business card from the rental agency when you picked up the car ?

Right now you are feeling pretty safe, but if that rental company is affiliated with any of the majors, they will get you. They will get you for lost income on the car as well.

Your problems are only beginning. Good luck to you.

Hi i appreciate your help, but i cannot reveal the name. I wanted to know how i could look the name up myself.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Manda Dinero said:
I intend to pay for the damages of the car, but they would not give a rat's azz about me if they blocked my passport and had me in jail. I intend to pay, but just under my terms where i have leverage.

You're not entitled to any leverage - YOU violated the rental contract. If you had followed the rental contract then I would have some sympathy, but you're being dishonest and trying to make it ok by telling us all you have good intentions, you should have kept your mouth shut - paid for the car on the spot, and yes, you should have paid whatever they asked you to pay because the fault was yours, not theirs. And, if you weren't willing to cop to the deed then you should not have loaned the car in the first place ..... what are you, like 12?

People like you are the reason that honest people get screwed over in this country.

Amy

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
JDJones said:
This dipshchitt is talking about changing his name, getting a new passport, etc. obviously, he gave them his passport when he rented the car, so they know who he is, and where he's from, and they're going to have to deal with him on "his" terms.
AND, he's afraid to name the rental company after numerous requests. He doesn't want help, he wants us to think he got one over on a dominican rental company.
I say ignore this thread..

One man's opinion...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I think some posters on here have a real double standard. It is clear that this poster did exactly the wrong thing. But so many times I've seen advice on this board to people who?ve screwed up majorly, to get out of here in order to have the space to fix what they've messed up. No-one can fix anything from a jail cell, unless you have rich relatives who will do stuff on your behalf.

I agree that this poster should never have posted on here. But I also think that it was good to leave immediately. It would have been better to call the rental company from the airport to tell them where the car can be found to limit the damages.

Now would be a very good time to contact a real good attorney in the DR to negotiate on your behalf. Rush some money down here to pay the lawyer. If this was me, I would not give any further public information. I would run into the arms of a good lawyer and start making good on what was done wrong. One thing is sure.. you're gonna pay and you're gonna pay big.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
amy2761 said:
You're not entitled to any leverage - YOU violated the rental contract. If you had followed the rental contract then I would have some sympathy, but you're being dishonest and trying to make it ok by telling us all you have good intentions, you should have kept your mouth shut - paid for the car on the spot, and yes, you should have paid whatever they asked you to pay because the fault was yours, not theirs. And, if you weren't willing to cop to the deed then you should not have loaned the car in the first place ..... what are you, like 12?

People like you are the reason that honest people get screwed over in this country.

Amy

If i was sitting in jail would you have bailed me out or at least bought the lube for the dominican bubba?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True!

JDJones said:
This dipshchitt is talking about changing his name, getting a new passport, etc. obviously, he gave them his passport when he rented the car, so they know who he is, and where he's from, and they're going to have to deal with him on "his" terms.
AND, he's afraid to name the rental company after numerous requests. He doesn't want help, he wants us to think he got one over on a dominican rental company.
I say ignore this thread..
Same here.

What's bothering me is the fact that this guy is talking with a little attitude. He is talking like he has done nothing wrong. Talking like a big man saying that they have to do deal with him on HIS TERMS!.

I hope to God that you rented that car from one of my brother's car rental because I know for a fact that he would make you pay 10 times the price of the car!. He would even have the authorities come to your job here in the US and make your life a living hell!. So...

Please tell us from where you rented that car?.

Chris: we are talking about a rented car here and not a life threatening situation. I, as many posters here, can tell you that we have damaged a car or two while on vacation and we report it and pay whatever we need to pay. No jail time or nothing. Crap, once I damaged TWO rented cars in the DR. They were very happy that I was fine and happier to take my money to repair it.

Who is saying that he would be in trouble for damaging the car?. Not the first rented car, not the last, that has been damaged.

Last edited:

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
miguel said:
Same here.

What's bothering me is the fact that this guy is talking with a little attitude. He is talking like he has done nothing wrong. Talking like a big man saying that they have to do deal with him on HIS TERMS!.

I hope to God that you rented that car from one of my brother's car rental because I know for a fact that he would make you pay 10 times the price of the car!. He would even have the authorities come to your job here in the US and make your life a living hell!. So...

Please tell us from where you rented that car?.

I agree i would have been a real man sitting in jail with a revoked passport.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
JDJones said:
Ok. I'm gonna play along for just a little bit more, to see if you really are interested in squaring things.
Since you don't know the name, give us some details of where it is you rented the car. In the street? At the Airport? Which airport? We can give you a list of names if you narrow it down..

I know the name of the company, I wanted a way to look up the number for myself.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
Chris said:
I think some posters on here have a real double standard. It is clear that this poster did exactly the wrong thing. But so many times I've seen advice on this board to people who?ve screwed up majorly, to get out of here in order to have the space to fix what they've messed up. No-one can fix anything from a jail cell, unless you have rich relatives who will do stuff on your behalf.

I agree that this poster should never have posted on here. But I also think that it was good to leave immediately. It would have been better to call the rental company from the airport to tell them where the car can be found to limit the damages.

Now would be a very good time to contact a real good attorney in the DR to negotiate on your behalf. Rush some money down here to pay the lawyer. If this was me, I would not give any further public information. I would run into the arms of a good lawyer and start making good on what was done wrong. One thing is sure.. you're gonna pay and you're gonna pay big.

Thank you for your objectivity

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I could be totally wrong here but I have a gut feeling that "manda dinero" is out on a fishing trip.

Maybe you get what I mean maybe not it's only my opinion. :nervous:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
miguel said:
....Chris: we are talking about a rented car here and not a life threatening situation. I, as many posters here, can tell you that we have damaged a car or two while on vacation and we report it and pay whatever we need to pay. No jail time or nothing. Crap, once I damaged TWO rented cars in the DR. They were very happy that I was fine and happier to take my money to repair it.

Who is saying that he would be in trouble for damaging the car?. Not the first rented car, not the last, that has been damaged.

Hey Miguel, I think really we?re not hearing the full story, just a piece of it. I think the car is the bait.... Check Anna?s post re fishing!.

Anna, great minds think alike! (Let?s skip that piece about fools) ;)

Last edited:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Manda Dinero said:
If i was sitting in jail would you have bailed me out or at least bought the lube for the dominican bubba?

No, I would not. Fact of the matter is that you probably wouldn't have ended up in jail just for breaking your contract and as a result having had the car bunged up, now however ...... after skipping the country ...... while owing a large sum of money ....... you get my picture.

Amy

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
What idiot would rent a car if they thought crashing the car would automatically land them in jail?

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I could be totally wrong here but I have a gut feeling that "manda dinero" is out on a fishing trip.

Maybe you get what I mean maybe not it's only my opinion. :nervous:

You would in this case be wrong.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
xamaicano said:
What idiot would rent a car if they thought crashing the car would automatically land them in jail?

Don't be ridiculous please. Going to jail would be the result of a chain of events.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
Chris said:
Hey Miguel, I think really we?re not hearing the full story, just a piece of it. I think the car is the bait.... Check Anna?s post re fishing!.

Anna, great minds think alike! (Let?s skip that piece about fools) ;)

Not a bad theory, just a wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.