I thought he was a good man until....

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What!!!

ltsnyder said:
If $600 will make you move some where and do something, then forget about that, I have a job for you for $700 . . . Oh boy, I know your thinking, sign me up. :)

If the only pain you have is the pain of betrayal in your life . . . then count your blessings.

-Lee
Have you seen some of those creatures(sankies)?. Most look like hell. I am nothing to brag about but if someone that is 1,000 times uglier than I can make all these females lose their common sense, then I promise that I would become a millionaire within a year!.

Hey, what are you offering for $700?. I hope that there's no butt involved, hehe!!.

Stormer, what do you mean that it's not her fault?. You are right, the man is a magician and guessed her PIN number. Sorry, you are right!!.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
miguel said:
Stormer, what do you mean that it's not her fault?. You are right, the man is a magician and guessed her PIN number. Sorry, you are right!!.

Maybe he is just a despicable lowlife conman who looked over her shoulder but in any case, giving him the plastic as a show of trust is ludicrous.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Sorry to hear your story, but why would you give your cards to him in the first place to hold for you??:confused: I've dated a guy for years 3yrs and never gave him my cards and I've also had a relationship with a guy for 6 years and don't give him my cards and I trust him but it's just not necessary?? He has him money and I have mine. I definately would'nt give it to a guy I was talking to overseas, who I didn't get to see often, there was a language barrier and cultural difference, basically you didn't really know him that well yet? I wish you had read all the Sankie stories but I hope you learned a lesson and do continue to visit the DR. You were brave in posting your story and everyone has been good to you with there responses.

This is something I've learned in life, it's okay to be nice but you have to know who and when [/B] to be nice it's really important to learn that!

Keep your head up!!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Chiquita said:
YOu shouldn't be discouraged from going back. Just use this last experinece as a learning experience!! Now that you are older and wiser, you won't be so easily fooled!!

Aw, thanks Chiquita. I really would like to make a trip down this winter........ :eek:

Kathandrea

Jul 15, 2004
Like I said I just wanted to tell my story in hopes that it will prevent some other "trusting person" from making the same mistake. I appreciate all your responses...the good and the ugly. I didn't give him my pin...I used my card at a Banco Popular ATM...he must have been watching me. I let him hold the cards and the money because I didn't carry a purse (but did wear a money belt while travelling to the DR...go figure!). I felt comfortable having him hold them. This has never happened to me before. Even my first trip to see him, he held the cards and the money without incident. Looking in retrospect....Boy was I stupid...but I have learned my lesson. Next trip the money belt stays on!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
You know what, you are not so bad after all. You are brave for admitting you have made a mistake and it shows that you have learned your lesson. I hope that it is better for you next time and you enjoy DR again.

One last thing before this thread dies: I forget who it was that said something to this effect (might of been AZB) for the ladies looking for a fling in DR - or anywhere for that matter - enjoy it while it is there and once you go back home, forget him. Take it for what it was, a good time while it lasted. He's probably on the next tourist before you catch your flight home anyway.

Next trip you can get an even better one that can rock your socks off even more times than the last one... NEXT!

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
sorry

Sorry to hear that. I wonder why did you give him your credit card. Next time you go back find him and take back whats yours? Get Revenge...but never trust someone with your credit card like that. Call your card company and say someone stole it and did that ..maybe you can come out of this all right.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
miguel said:
Have you seen some of those creatures(sankies)?. Most look like hell. I am nothing to brag about but if someone that is 1,000 times uglier than I can make all these females lose their common sense, then I promise that I would become a millionaire within a year!.

Hey, what are you offering for $700?. I hope that there's no butt involved, hehe!!.

I don't know I guess that I don't think its her fault because of how convincing and sweet these "losers" sound. Mine always asked me for cash, I never did let him hold anything for me, not even so much as my drivers license. But lets give this poor chickie some slack, they all learn, the hard way! ;)

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
No correction, you won't be a millionair, you'll be a Sanki

miguel said:

Sanki work is not a way to make it rich, every one knows that . . . .

-Lee

Kathandrea

Jul 15, 2004
Nelly said:
I am very sorry this happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story.
On a side note:
You didn't happen to use your ATM card at a Banco Popular during your vacation, did you? There have been a lot of problems in the past with people having money stolen from their accounts after using their machines, especially in Sosua.

The Banco Popular I used was in Juan Dolio. I just received a response from my bank here in NJ. They refunded my money. I am really curious to know if they are aware of the issues with this particular bank because they really didn't ask too many questions. They didn't even require a police report (which I did file).
Now I am second guessing on who the culprit really is. Oh brother! Anyway, he has been calling me ever since I returned home. He sounds really upset I am not calling him. If he really did steal from me, would he be calling me?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Don't know if this will impart any light on your story

however I use the Banco Popular ATM in Juan Dolio all the time and have never had a problem there.
I understand there have been problems on the north shore with some ATM's but I've never heard of any in Juan Dolio!
If you met your guy in the Juan Dolio area then I must admit that it's highly likely he peeked over your shoulder when you used the ATM and so saw your pin. Unfortunately most of the males I've met in JD (even those that profess NOT to be sankies) WILL take advantage of a tourist given the opportunity. Such is the culture in a tourist haven in the DR.
So take the advice that has been given.....come back, enjoy and when you leave keep the memories and look forward to a new adventure then next time around. Have a fling but don't take it serious and DON'T take it home with you!!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Kathandrea said:
The Banco Popular I used was in Juan Dolio. I just received a response from my bank here in NJ. They refunded my money. I am really curious to know if they are aware of the issues with this particular bank because they really didn't ask too many questions. They didn't even require a police report (which I did file).
Now I am second guessing on who the culprit really is. Oh brother! Anyway, he has been calling me ever since I returned home. He sounds really upset I am not calling him. If he really did steal from me, would he be calling me?
Even if he didn't steal your money, and he probably didn't, you said he wasn't very nice to you the last few days you were there, to the point that you were in tears. All this after you travelled so far to see him. So why would you want a guy like that? Isn't that reason enough to dump him? Don't you deserve to be treated nice, your feelings respected, etc, etc?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Kathandrea said:

You are making me take my words back about you learning a lesson. Why are you on the phone with him? Who cares he is upset, werent you? If you had the doubt that he might of done it, there's a problem. He doesnt deserve your time of day. Please find another sankie the next time you go and remember not to give him your real phone number.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Talldrink said:
You are making me take my words back about you learning a lesson. Why are you on the phone with him? Who cares he is upset, werent you? If you had the doubt that he might of done it, there's a problem. He doesnt deserve your time of day. Please find another sankie the next time you go and remember not to give him your real phone number.

Here's some advice try to find the hottest Sankie you can find, take him around town show him off, use him for that, and leave. Plain and simple and don't ever think about that one particular "loser" again.....you will drive yourself crazy!

Kathandrea

Jul 15, 2004
Thank you all for your good advice. I have learned my lesson, I am not talking to him. And, I am confident his name is on this board because he IS the thief.
I am looking forward to my next trip to the DR, this time with "open eyes".

Status
Not open for further replies.