importing luxury car Porsche from the states-used

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If you want to flaunt your money, then buy a Landcruiser or a Lexus.  Even rich Dominicans don't buy Porsches.

I could had sworn that Santo Domingo's Porsche dealership is one of the most successful when taking into account market size. I think it ranked number 1 in Latin America for quite a few years.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I've seen two Porsche  cars in north coast one on Rd one on tow truck ;)
Most Dominicans with money live in SD and ST. Put a little more attention the next time you are in these two cities or on Duarte highway between both. You might be surprised with how many Porsches will pass by you on all four of their wheels plus the parked ones. 

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most Dominicans with money live in SD and ST. Put a little more attention the next time you are in these two cities or on Duarte highway between both. You might be surprised with how many Porsches will pass by you on all four of their wheels plus the parked ones. 
This is true. I see Porsches all the time in StoDgo.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have never understood the Porsche phenomenon..... an avid fan base.

For me, I was looking for a 400hp SUV.
That was my attraction.

Trust me the Hemi jumps...... at any speed 

Furthermore, it throttles back to less cylinder on the highway for better gas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

We were surprised to see a sleek black Maserati pass us on Duarte last Monday

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
 See two beside my dentist in Santiago.

On the Moca road , I have been blown aside by a Bentley coupe at speed....
Same thing happened on the SDQ to nagua toll road.

I'm good at speed estimates...
The toll road guy(coupe again) was nicely over 110mph.

Both were the super deluxe model, 

There is an FM dealer in SDQ 
... FM are the two high end Italian brands

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
 See two beside my dentist in Santiago.

On the Moca road , I have been blown aside by a Bentley coupe at speed....
Same thing happened on the SDQ to nagua toll road.

I'm good at speed estimates...
The toll road guy(coupe again) was nicely over 110mph.

Both were the super deluxe model, 

There is an FM dealer in SDQ 
... FM are the two high end Italian brands
Baseball players?

Jan 9, 2004
We were surprised to see a sleek black Maserati pass us on Duarte last Monday

If it was a dull black (purchased that way) Maserati, it may well have been an advertiser here on DR1 from Santiago.

He is really a Ferrari fan.....but the Maserati will have to do for now.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They also wrap them in flat black....or any color.

Kind of a thing with those guys.... color change.

Read the posts on Maserati Life....

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Another thing to consider is the depreciation in value.  Porsche is a  prestige marque.  They are expensive to buy and expensive  to maintain.  I don't know what model you're talking about, but I can imagine you're looking at something that is around three or four years old.  A Cayenne or Macan perhaps?

I had a 2007 Cayenne.  I traded in my 2003 Toyota Prado for it, and added another $10k.  I owned it for three years.  I enjoyed the driving experience, but I could never get anyone competent to fix the complicated air suspension and a couple of the air conditioning distribution servo-motors had failed, requiring complete dashboard removal.

I also changed my job which meant that I had to do a lot of driving, i.e. Puerto Plata to Punta Cana on a weekly basis.  I had trouble swallowing the V8 fuel consumption.

I eventually sold it.  Guess what?  It was worth less than the Prado I traded in for!

If you want to flaunt your money, then buy a Landcruiser or a Lexus.  Even rich Dominicans don't buy Porsches.
.........How about a new Benz AMG 6.3..........black on black.......anyone that knows cars would appreciate that one........Doc.........