Is it safe to share ones bed with a reptile

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Has anyone bothered to ask the reptile how it feels about sharing a bed with JR?
Get both sides of the story guys!

Reactions: Celt202
Im having trouble keeping a reptile out of my bed , I have sent him packing three times but this time he is avoiding capture .
He isnt much trouble but has a nasty habit of doing the occassional poo on my pillow, so Im wondering how dangerous is lizard poo and should I be worried about sharing my bed with this creature as he doesnt seem to want to leave.

I've slept with many snakes in my life and I am no worse for wear!!!! ;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Man, I had an awesome Sir MixaLot pun, "with my anaconda who dont want none unless you got buns hun" but....

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
We had one.......

...........that wouldn't leave the bathtub. He was there for about 3 months through all the showering, cleaning etc.

We named him Lizardo.............

and then one day he just left...

Reactions: Bronxboy

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i also have a hat gekko and a candle-stick lizard, they must only move at night when im asleep, the candle stick one has adapted its self to look like rusty metal. The bed lizard has made no attempt at camoflage

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
jr, be happy you do not live in indonesia... we stayed there at an island where the predominant life-form was a lizard 6 feet long....

imagine that one in your bed....:bunny:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Im afraid to report that the lizard commited suicide by sticking its head in moveable flyscreen, I guess it couldnt stand the shame of being found in bed with me.

Reactions: Africaida

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
my sympathies for your loss...:hurt:

if you feel too lonely, we could lend you a Malinois who loves to sleep on pillows, but is not allowed to do so here...

He only weighs 80 pounds, so should leave you plenty of space on your pillow...:cool:

I have to admit he does not poo on the pillow like your lizard, but if you want, we could try to train him to do that...:D

believer

Oct 12, 2005
Lizard in your bed

Sorry for your loss, but as one poster mentioned here that Lizards eat bed bugs, consider the possibility that you have bed bugs. I've seen people with them there. They can live in your mattress without eating a year for adults and a 1/2 year for babies. They can transmit blood diseases. (ie: HIV) Use chalk powder on the mattress if you do find you have some as it stops them from coming out. You can make darn sure you don't by tying up your mattress in a large plastic bag and letting it bake in the sun for 7 days! ....just thought, there must be a reason the lizard liked it there and, sorry don't think it was your cuddles!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
my sympathies for your loss...:hurt:

if you feel too lonely, we could lend you a Malinois who loves to sleep on pillows, but is not allowed to do so here...

He only weighs 80 pounds, so should leave you plenty of space on your pillow...:cool:

I have to admit he does not poo on the pillow like your lizard, but if you want, we could try to train him to do that...:D

My Malinois would eat the bed!

They can transmit blood diseases. (ie: HIV)

Huh? Are you sure about that bit?