Is the DR better where you came from?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
CC I was BORN on public transportation. I could have a Rolls Royce Ghost parked outside and I would still hope on the El, subway, publicos, guaguas or SF cable cars. I told you many TIMES I work at Burger King cleaning restrooms. I happy with what I do.

My wife has a car in SD, but I choose to WALK and take guaguas in Dominican Republic why is this in issue with you? Lastly I would NEVER want anyone to call me " GOODLOOKING", but rather you call me a player, hustler, paper chaser and my favorite" SWEET ICE"

How is the view from your Studio Apartment in Chi-Town playa?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Just curious JMB773, you speak of living on the " Gold Coast " in Chicago, implying that only the " well to do " can afford. Now myself having grown-up in Chicago (southwest suburbs) know for a fact that the North Dearborn area is considered the " Gold Coast " area and rents start at about $650.00 + depending ie: studio, 1 bdr etc.. in other words you do not have to be rich/wealthy to live on the " Gold Coast " In fact the rent many pay living on the " Gold Coast " can be basically the equivalent to the rent a good majority of us pay here in DR. Having been in Chicago recently I will take the Malecon view here over the Lake Michigan view in Chicago anyday. Just so you know I love Chicago but I call it like I see it (rather know it).

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Just curious JMB773, you speak of living on the " Gold Coast " in Chicago, implying that only the " well to do " can afford. Now myself having grown-up in Chicago (southwest suburbs) know for a fact that the North Dearborn area is considered the " Gold Coast " area and rents start at about $650.00 + depending ie: studio, 1 bdr etc.. in other words you do not have to be rich/wealthy to live on the " Gold Coast " In fact the rent many pay living on the " Gold Coast " can be basically the equivalent to the rent a good majority of us pay here in DR. Having been in Chicago recently I will take the Malecon view here over the Lake Michigan view in Chicago anyday. Just so you know I love Chicago but I call it like I see it (rather know it).

650USD PLEASE tell me your JOKING. Look you are right you GOT ME I pay 550 a month including gas and lights. You lived in Chi town WOW DOUBLE WOW 650 a month. You can't even get a upscale apartment in SD for 650 month, but in one of the most expensive cities in the US 650 can get you a apartment downtown Chicago. Once again WOW!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
How is the view from your Studio Apartment in Chi-Town playa?

Its" tight" thanks for asking, but when my lease is up I going back to the " Twilight Zone"

I said "player" not playa there is a difference between the two.

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Was it a straight bag of Swedes or a mixed bag of Swedes?

Better be careful Don, Whirlybird gave me a dislike......I guess no sense of humor......lol
After all, she said Swedes, not me.......originally....
Hey Whirleybird...............lighten up, life's too short.....

B in Santiago.....still looking for that bag of Swedes....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Better be careful Don, Whirlybird gave me a dislike......I guess no sense of humor......lol

Don't worry about me

28txhtw.jpg

I always look both ways before crossing the street!

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

I didn't 'dislike' you Barry and you guess wrongly about my lack of humour..... I said swedes, not Swedes and there is a huge difference where I come from!!

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I didn't 'dislike' you Barry and you guess wrongly about my lack of humour..... I said swedes, not Swedes and there is a huge difference where I come from!!

I thought you meant to say seeds........really...because on the keyboard the w is next to the e.....
It was just a joke, no more, no less...
Guess I was wrong, just out of curiosity, what does swedes mean where you come from....never heard that before...

Reason why, quote from you....Also a barter system existed whereby the local farmer weighed his corn on our weighbridge in return for a bag of swedes!!

B in Santiago

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I thought you meant to say seeds........really...because on the keyboard the w is next to the e.....
It was just a joke, no more, no less...
Guess I was wrong, just out of curiosity, what does swedes mean where you come from....never heard that before...

Reason why, quote from you....Also a barter system existed whereby the local farmer weighed his corn on our weighbridge in return for a bag of swedes!!

B in Santiago

Guess you just fell off the turnip wagon.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Ok, what does swedes mean......I don't have a clue, ok, time to Google.....lol

Just Googled....The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip)[1], turnip or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip; see Triangle of U. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.

Learn something new everyday....Good one, turnip wagon...lol

B in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Ok, what does swedes mean......I don't have a clue, ok, time to Google.....lol

Just Googled....The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip)[1], turnip or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip; see Triangle of U. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.

Learn something new everyday....Good one, turnip wagon...lol

B in Santiago

fdrjgg.gif

Now, about that "dislike" (Post #38) from Whirlybird, if we can just get someone to

"Turnip" over.

2vl6srb.jpg

(Turnip; I Used as slang for "Turn it")

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lets see:Swedes are "Rutabagas",Germans are "Krauts",English are "Limeys",French are "Frogs",Italians are "Spagetti Benders",The Irish are "Potatos",Mexicans are "Beaners",Scandanavians are "Herring Breath",
You ARE,what you EAT then?
Just call me a big juicy "?????????" then!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC