Is there hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Que, que?? ... no comprende!!!!

What is with you people??? NOT being funny (YES we've heard it all before) but she came here for advice - DO IT NICELY!!! Mart came here for advice and got nought but TTP from you lot - and you wonder why less and less come to DR1 for sankie/love advice?????:paranoid: SHE'S BLOODY MARRIED ALREADY SO CUT THE JOKES AS IT'S FAAAAAAAR TOO LATE!!!!! I'm not at all amused by her situation - YUP we know she's made a (very grave) mistake - NOW can we start helping her please???:tired: I'll start (NICELY!!!):

Mart: Tiz very unlikely that your husband will arrive in Canada meeting you (if he even does that much) in a better frame of mind then he potrays now. I would very seriously look at terminating this marriage before you are hurt any further. Wishing ya all the best. Emma

Edit to add: canadiangirl - least ya post was helpful rather than TTP - betting you helped some.

ROGER AN OUT MIGUEL!!!
She's getting FREE advice, no sugar coating .... eloquence costs!!! I may be wrong, but I don't think Dr. Laura, Dr. Phil, Dr. Brothers, Ann Landers ... are on DR1. Neither are proteges of Joyce, Hemingway, Steinbeck, et al ... the closest we have is HB. :ermm:

Your novel advice was already given on page 1 .... but she's not listening :rolleyes:

texasgal

Jul 17, 2006
I didn't think I was going to come back on this one, but I gotta do what I gotta do. If this is for real and the OP is not jerking our chains, I have to repeat- She is just now looking for advice? On DR1?

What exactly does she want from this forum? Are we supposed to say that everything is going to be hunky-dory when he gets to Canada? Does she want everyone to say that she made a good decision marrying a man she could only know so little about? (no matter what country he is from?) My grandma used to say it isn't going to bed with someone, it is gettting up that next day and going through the good and bad with them that will keep a relationship strong.

Does she know things like- (examples)
how he got a scar on his knee when he was ten? what is his favorite breakfast food? has he ever voted and how he leans politically? who was his favorite teacher? where he wants to be in five/ten/thirty years? what kind of preparations has he made for that? (besides marrying her) what is his favorite color/movie/book/song/singer/? can they debate the news of the day intelligently?
What does she want to hear? It doesn't matter what the voices of experience have been telling her, she wants to take it in a sugar-coated pill and have the group to collectively wave a magic wand and her relationship will have a "happily everafter" ending.

Sorry, but you aren't gonna get it here. Suck it up like the woman you are, get a divorce and move on with your life. We are all allowed some mistakes in our lives, and you just got yours out of the way.

One final thought (at this point)- Exactly what weight does anyone's opinion really have for the OP? She is gonna do what she wants and she is going go get burned no matter how this ends. She is already married. Does anyone else smell the flames getting closer?

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I'm shocked, a sankie who swings both ways ...

I didn't think I was going to come back on this one, but I gotta do what I gotta do. If this is for real and the OP is not jerking our chains, I have to repeat- She is just now looking for advice? On DR1?

What exactly does she want from this forum? Are we supposed to say that everything is going to be hunky-dory when he gets to Canada? Does she want everyone to say that she made a good decision marrying a man she could only know so little about? (no matter what country he is from?) My grandma used to say it isn't going to bed with someone, it is gettting up that next day and going through the good and bad with them that will keep a relationship strong.

Does she know things like- (examples)
how he got a scar on his knee when he was ten? what is his favorite breakfast food? has he ever voted and how he leans politically? who was his favorite teacher? where he wants to be in five/ten/thirty years? what kind of preparations has he made for that? (besides marrying her) what is his favorite color/movie/book/song/singer/? can they debate the news of the day intelligently?
What does she want to hear? It doesn't matter what the voices of experience have been telling her, she wants to take it in a sugar-coated pill and have the group to collectively wave a magic wand and her relationship will have a "happily everafter" ending.

Sorry, but you aren't gonna get it here. Suck it up like the woman you are, get a divorce and move on with your life. We are all allowed some mistakes in our lives, and you just got yours out of the way.

One final thought (at this point)- Exactly what weight does anyone's opinion really have for the OP? She is gonna do what she wants and she is going go get burned no matter how this ends. She is already married. Does anyone else smell the flames getting closer?
He started his sankie ways at 10? .... no knee pads I guess that's why he got the scar on his knees LOL!!! :laugh:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
She's getting FREE advice, no sugar coating ....
...YES she is, and DENYING it coz she's ALREADY in a bad situation...DOES she believe some "doctor of relationships" resides at DR1 - doubt it very much. In fairness it's in her interest (being ALREADY married) to seek ANY help. DO WE HAVE TO TAKE THE P*** OUT OF SOMEBODY IN THAT SITUATION THOUGH??? - I don't think so...I don't even think that fair...I GATHER she's ignoring advice (typical maybe from somebody who loves and married a DR man...) but SO WHAT? Aren't we STILL meant to be here in months to come when it all goes wrong? ...NO??? If so not my kinda forum...;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Yes dear Emma ....

...YES she is, and DENYING it coz she's ALREADY in a bad situation...DOES she believe some "doctor of relationships" resides at DR1 - doubt it very much. In fairness it's in her interest (being ALREADY married) to seek ANY help. DO WE HAVE TO TAKE THE P*** OUT OF SOMEBODY IN THAT SITUATION THOUGH??? - I don't think so...I don't even think that fair...I GATHER she's ignoring advice (typical maybe from somebody who loves and married a DR man...) but SO WHAT? Aren't we STILL meant to be here in months to come when it all goes wrong? ...NO??? If so not my kinda forum...;)
We'll be here months and years from now when it all goes wrong .... then we'll say "I TOLD YOU SO, didn't I ... but you didn't want to listen, think you're so smart!!! don't ya???" while wagging the index finger in her face :)

You should be so lucky, you're my 900th ... :devious:

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
We'll be here months and years from now when it all goes wrong .... then we'll say "I TOLD YOU SO, didn't I ... but you didn't want to listen, think you're so smart!!! don't ya???" while wagging the index finger in her face :)

You should be so lucky, you're my 900th ... :devious:

if he leaves her when he gets here or if it all goes wrong, the last thing she will need is for people to tell her " I told you so". At that point nobody can make her feel any worse about herself than she will already be feeling. In my situation none of my family or friends said "I TOLD YOU SO" i've had complete support from everyone in my life. which is what you need to help you through the tough times. I am very fortunate , I hope she has the same kind of people in her life.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
if he leaves her when he gets here or if it all goes wrong, the last thing she will need is for people to tell her " I told you so". At that point nobody can make her feel any worse about herself than she will already be feeling. In my situation none of my family or friends said "I TOLD YOU SO" i've had complete support from everyone in my life. which is what you need to help you through the tough times. I am very fortunate , I hope she has the same kind of people in her life.

Don't worry he won't have a chance to do it here. He just loves to post for entertainment but I have the delete button ;)

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
P/R not canada

:bunny: What a good story dont tell him just get a plane ticket to p/rico instead, he would be happy there:cool: p/s how about a poll are you happy with your domincan republic partner i will pm nals and ask him

Status
Not open for further replies.