Is this the way to do political opposition?

Jan 3, 2003
O/C - you may find it ridiculous but some people don't. We're all entitled to our opinion and it is the opinion of many that this is so. So don't dismiss what I said as being ridiculous. Thank you!

I heard it too from someone in the inner circle of the PLD and higher ups in the military through a source BUT still I feel it is off.

But you're right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not to their facts.

I feel it is a smear campaign meant to discredit Leonel. BTW, I don't like his politics.

Fadul makes a mistake in his math. 300,000 EURO does not = 1.5 million pesos.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Fadul makes a mistake in his math. 300,000 EURO does not = 1.5 million pesos.

I thought I was the only one that caught that LOL :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

At least we have the youtube vids of the doctor to get a laugh once in a while.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I have to watch Dr. Fadul video once a day at least to release the work stress. Que cura!!

But yeah there's been a lot of speculation about the sexual orientation of the President, as I have also heard speculations of Freddy Beras Goico, Bartolo Colon (It was said that Kryspy the tipico singer was his lover), Modesto Guzman (the IMPOSDOM director), Cholo Brenes (This one is 98% true), and a whole bunch of merenguero singers which I don't remember right now.

The point is when somebody wants to spread dubious rumors of famous people they will succeed because people like the "morbo" a lot.

There's also the rumor of Leonel having a tattoo in his head hence why he leaves his hair longer than usual (mini-afro).

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Extremer,the owner of a company I used to work for says: when you like to talk about something is because you are interested in.
Ex. if you like to talk about baseball or basketball is because you are fan...

JJ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The tattoo rumour has been mentioned here in the past but the version I heard is that he is never seen wearing a short sleeved shirt because it is on his arm(s).

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
00:35: "... una cena de tres cientos mil Euros, en Francia... una cena!..."
00:44: "... tres cientos mil Eros (EUR 300'000.oo), un milion y medio de peso' (DOP 1.5Million!?! [about EUR thirty thousand!]) una cena... "
WHAT? My pickup truck is worth EUR 300'000 in France??? :eek:
Boy, I hope this dork has no plans on becoming a FOREX trader! :D

Look, it's like most of the local political shows. BS! Ple-pla as they say here.
Really, not much more than a sad display of "third-worldism".
Many just trying to raise up opinions for or against a particular party... really making the guys on FOX look like left wing sympathizers.
Yes, it would be nice, the "press" would have the cojones to shake these ladronasos (ladrones they are, too many of them) up a little... WHEN THEY HAVE'EM FACE TO FACE... but then, al the tigueraje washes down to references and senseless empty pharases. There would seem to be enough material and evidence to sink most any know politician on the spot.

... J-D.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Oh well, so much for free press in this country.

HB called it right in another thread that basically the newspapers serve interest groups/politicians. It only makes sense that those in power would try to quell their competitors. I believe Fadul went overboard but to shut down the station is ridiculous and smacks of totalitarianism.