It seems as the DR is preparing for war?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Maybe not the most but up there.....nothing major will come of this....just another diversion by the gov from its corruption scandals...last time it was the Venezuelan talks...Medina was on the mike almost daily talking about the so called progress....and we lapped up like a newborn baby....lol

I've asked prior, have anything as this ever taken place in the past?

I rather be prepared and ready to take off in a NY minute prior of things going south between these two.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The word "exercise" would derive a conclusion of just "training" to which this entire mobilization far reassembles.

You've participated in Dominican military exercises as of you are a former/current DR military member?

No I have participated in joint USA/Canada, Joint NATO, Joint Canada/Australia/New Zealand, Joint Canada/UK exercises with 100 times the fire power of the whole Dominican Military. They were all exercises. Air resupply and troop Transport to Norway....etc. Much of what the Dominican Military does olong the border they have learned from American Military, who are in the DR much more than you realize.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
BTW, here in Sosua there are so many retired English and American sniper/commando/paratroopers/navy seals/secret fkn agents..........we'll be alright, so I've been told.

100% Agreed. Say hello to Eric and the boys.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I rather be prepared and ready to take off in a NY minute prior of things going south between these two.

At first I just thought you sounded a little (sniff sniff) paranoid but I'm starting think you
may be right (sniff sniff) WOW! Did any of you just see that helicopter that flew over Santiago
(sniff sniff) heading towards Haiti?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
No I have participated in joint USA/Canada, Joint NATO, Joint Canada/Australia/New Zealand, Joint Canada/UK exercises with 100 times the fire power of the whole Dominican Military.

Common denominator there is Canada so I take you've served or are serving with the Canadian military?

They were all exercises. Air resupply and troop Transport to Norway....etc.

The difference is tha first world powers do this often as part of constant state of readiness; the DR does not, can't afford it and the need isn't there either, hence the worries for the level of weaponry and manpower displayed and displaced.

Much of what the Dominican Military does olong the border they have learned from American Military, who are in the DR much more than you realize.
What exactly makes you state this? Are you implying the USA has something to do with these actions?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
At first I just thought you sounded a little (sniff sniff) paranoid but I'm starting think you
may be right (sniff sniff) WOW! Did any of you just see that helicopter that flew over Santiago
(sniff sniff) heading towards Haiti?

Take it as you may, I don't believe anything like it has ever happened in the past?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have said it before. If there was ever a country that needed a wall the DR is it. Now that some of the prototypes have been built it should lessen the cost.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A link from 2.5 years ago. Really?  

Trust me, you have nothing to fear, and certainly won’t have the leave in a NY minute. 
JasonD has a deep seated hatred towards the DR and defends Puerto Rico like only a Puerto Rican would defend it. He denies both, of course.

The way he attacks the DR I've only seen it in a certain types of Puerto Ricans. Not even those Haitians that are anti-Dominican show it like certain Puerto Ricans do.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
JasonD has a deep seated hatred towards the DR and defends Puerto Rico like only a Puerto Rican would defend it. He denies both, of course.

The way he attacks the DR I've only seen it in a certain types of Puerto Ricans. Not even those Haitians that are anti-Dominican show it like certain Puerto Ricans do.

Please set the example, you are a moderator.

Do not hijack the thread, this is about the military deployment to the borders and the consequences of a possible/imminent conflict in the very near future between the DR and Haiti.

This isn't personal, do not make it that way. Thanks

BTW, not since 1937 the amount of military movement and firepower has ever being push forward by the DR towards the border. We know what happened back then.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Do not hijack the thread, this is about the military deployment to the borders and the consequences of a possible/imminent conflict in the very near future between the DR and Haiti.

BTW, not since 1937 the amount of military movement and firepower has ever being push forward by the DR towards the border. We know what happened back then.
This thread is about your hatred and sense of superiority towards the DR and Dominicans, like every other thread you have created. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Common denominator there is Canada so I take you've served or are serving with the Canadian military?

The difference is tha first world powers do this often as part of constant state of readiness; the DR does not, can't afford it and the need isn't there either, hence the worries for the level of weaponry and manpower displayed and displaced.

What exactly makes you state this? Are you implying the USA has something to do with these actions?

Why worry? Yes, Canadian Air Force for many years- now retired and a Dominican Citizen. I have talked with several high ranking Dominican politicians and Military, however not about this particular action.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Sounds like you are getting ready to have an attack of your own, a panic attack. The DR is not going to attack Haiti, although they might decide to boot a bunch of Haitians back to their own country. They have every right to do so. As long as Haiti can relieve their pressure by sending people to the DR illegally they will never be held responsible by their own people.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Why worry? Yes, Canadian Air Force for many years- now retired and a Dominican Citizen. I have talked with several high ranking Dominican politicians and Military, however not about this particular action.

Congrats three times, for serving your country, for being now retired and lastly for becoming Dominican.

Since you've mentioned your relation with high er ups in the chain, perhaps they would offer up details in regards to the situation?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Mr Bob, you didn't address the alleged USA involvement which you alluded to on earlier reply?