Juan Dolio - South Beach of the Caribbean !!!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Why do people complain when a place is under construction?

Its a general question that applies to all places. Even in the U.S., the moment there is some sort of construction project underway, whether its a building or a road or a simple repair; soon enough you hear the chatter.

Why?

Is it not obvious that there will be some unforeseen inconveniences whenever there is a construction in your vicinity, let alone several constructions?

Unbelievable.

-NALs:ermm:

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Do you REALLY want pix of the trash & flooding that we have posted?

Nice way to bury the negative posts STEVE! NOTICE ALL THOSE PIX ARE FROM A HELICOPTER OR ARTIST'S RENDITIONS. Where DO YOU live Steve? We know where you get your money from OBVIOUSLY! I'm sorry if my telling the truth as many of us see it, but until you get your butt out and try living for 18 months with people screaming in Creole next to your bedroom window and literally taking dumps and throwing their trash over your bushes, DON'T try to tell us how we shouldn't complain.

And, as for the US having construction (and other places--I've travelled, done internships and speaking engagements throughout N. America, Europe and Asia) the problem in the DR is a total disregard for ANYONE else's well-being. I lived in the US for 43 years and in 4 states in different regions. Inconveniences happen, but genuine health hazards should NOT be tolerated! The Dengue, Malaria, Leptosporosis, Typhoid, Hepatitis, HIV (yes, even this in Metro where syringes are dumped over the wall as well as the ocassional worker puking through the bushes onto our "side.")

If you really want to have a truthful discussion, I'll take you on with health statistics and I'lL POST MY PIX OF JUAN DOLIO'S FLOODING, OPEN MANHOLE COVERS, EXCREMENT OUT IN THE OPEN, USED SYRINGES, AND ALL THE TRASH THAT IS UNDER THAT LOVELY GREEN IN YOUR PIX!

People buying here should COME AND STAY FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BEFORE BUYING. That is the only way you'll have a real idea of what life is like here and that only if you don't spend all your time in the Embassy Suites/Metro or one of the all inclusive hotels.

As a public health professional (UCLA educated--not mail order in case you are curious) I find it a challenge to help these people. I go into old JD on a regular basis and help the kids who have maggots in their wounds and their eyes clouding over from lack of Vit A, among a wide range of other illnesses. I volunteer my expertise at a local orphanage and try to make a difference in this country. As a resident with kids, I find living here stressful.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
With all the construction going on it surely resembles South Beach... the current situation in south beach is not all roses. Many jumped on the preconstruction bandwagon late. There are now an over abundance of condos and the prices have dropped accordingly. People are losing alot of money because they are selling on average for 25% less than what they paid just to get out. With all those developments you posted Steve and im sure there are more, dont you think they are saturating the market in JD? The prices are not all that great either... $700,000 for a 3 BR condo?

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
With all the construction going on it surely resembles South Beach... the current situation in south beach is not all roses. Many jumped on the preconstruction bandwagon late. There are now an over abundance of condos and the prices have dropped accordingly. People are losing alot of money because they are selling on average for 25% less than what they paid just to get out. With all those developments you posted Steve and im sure there are more, dont you think they are saturating the market in JD? The prices are not all that great either... $700,000 for a 3 BR condo?

You are probably right about what is going on in South Beach Miami , Florida , USA real estate market today .... '' You?re losing money right now. This very minute. You?re losing money if you own an apartment. You?re losing money if you own a country home. You?re losing money if you own a stock or bond mutual fund. You?re losing money if you have a pension plan. You?re probably losing money here or there, you?re probably losing money everywhere (except maybe from your savings account and wallet)...'' Was Last Week's Housing-Market Crash Worse Than You Think? -- New York Magazine ... Just read this article ... But this is DR related Forum , so what is happening in Juan Dolio is not related to Florida's South Beach. The name was taken for New Juan Dolio - New South Beach as a style of architecture , developments etc... About prices ... Check out all the options ...there are 2/3 Bdr. for less then US$200,000 in the area . Remember nobody is selling in this forum . You have to make your own researches , and if you need a help contact the DR1 Real Estate Team http://dr1.com/realestate/index.shtml . In this thread I put only Updates on Juan Dolio with articles and photos , personal opinions and nothing else ... But there are different people on DR1 so they take it different way, sometimes if you noticed very personally :paranoid:

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
juan dolio reral estate will appreciate as long as the infrastructure is updated the police and security of the surrounding area is also pivotal juan dolio is a much better value than south beach per dollar of square footage juan dolio on the beach u are still paying under 500 dollars per square foot while south beach they are still trying to get over 1000 per square foot:squareeye:squareeye

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Where do these people get off saying there's NO DENGUE in JD? OMG!! I TREAT IT EVERY DAY! We have blood test confirmed cases and Leptosporsosis as well! Many cases of amoeba, pin worms (among others) and infectious conjunctivitis. Do you think you are talking to an idiot, STEVE? Really...do you want me to post all those nasty pix? Out of common decency for people's viewing I've refrained but if you insist on blatant lies and trying to bury MommC and my posts, I will with a warning to those searching.

Your shameless commercial bias is an embarrassment to the humanity. If there's no Dengue why am I drawing blood from METRO, VDM, and other "nice" communities' residents and getting positives on DENGUE? Why are people suffering from 104 fevers, 2 wks (or more) of severe fatigue, bonecrushing pain/headaches, and rash AND have confirmed ELISA tests for this? Do you want to know what the microscopic pictures of JD's water looks like? Would you like those posted too? DO you need the CDC certification of testing on these samples. GET REAL...you aren't fooling the well educated people who LIVE HERE. You are trying to deceive people who have visited, stayed in a nice area during non-rainy season, etc. into BUYING before they live here. You should be ashamed.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Steve: are you human?

My friend you are definitely stressed up . That?s a fact. As a doctor find yourself some kind of treetment , madication ... you know . Life is one . Be happy ! :classic:
First of all, I work (volunteer) my expertise with ORPHANS (among other things) who have had nothing but crappy lives. It would DO YOU a world of good to STOP medicating/drinking (not "MADICATION" you ignorant, selfish idiot--how dare you insinuate that I need medication) yourself into a numb state where you don't see and feel the true disparities that exist. I de-stress by exercising and helping people who are less fortunate. WHAT DO YOU DO? How do YOU make the world a better place? By painting pretty pictures to deceive people?

Where do these people get off saying there's NO DENGUE in JD? OMG!! I TREAT IT EVERY DAY! We have blood test confirmed cases and Leptosporsosis as well! Many cases of amoeba, pin worms (among others) and infectious conjunctivitis. Do you think you are talking to an idiot, STEVE? Really...do you want me to post all those nasty pix? Out of common decency for people's viewing I've refrained but if you insist on blatant lies and trying to bury MommC and my posts, I will with a warning to those searching.

Your shameless commercial bias is an embarrassment to the humanity. If there's no Dengue why am I drawing blood from METRO, VDM, and other "nice" communities' residents and getting positives on DENGUE? Why are people suffering from 104 fevers, 2 wks (or more) of severe fatigue, bonecrushing pain/headaches, and rash AND have confirmed ELISA tests for this? Why did I admit 2 people for HEMORRHAGIC Dengue (bleeding from the nose, mouth & ears) from NEW JD in the past month? Do you want to know what the microscopic pictures of JD's water looks like? Would you like those posted too? DO you need the CDC certification of testing on these samples? GET REAL...you aren't fooling the well educated people who LIVE HERE. You are trying to deceive people who have visited, stayed in a nice area during non-rainy season, etc. into BUYING before they live here. You should be ashamed. INSTEAD OF NAME CALLING & TRYING TO IMPLY THAT I HAVE AN ISSUE, HOW ABOUT ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THERE ARE REAL PROBLEMS HERE!? Better yet, try doing something about them. I'd like to see YOU out there picking up the trash that collects water which breeds the Dengue carrying mosquitos. I dare say you wouldn't take the CHANCE of exposing yourself to the realities that we face!~

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Dengue Epidemic: symptoms

DENGUE FEVER: CURRENT OUTBREAK IS NOT CONTAINED!
INFO FOR THOSE WHO REQUESTED BY PM:
History:
Fever
Abrupt onset, rising to 39.5-41.4?C
Accompanied by frontal or retro-orbital headache
Lasts 1-7 days, then defervesces for 1-2 days
Biphasic, recurring with second rash but not as high
Rash
Initial rash transient, generalized, macular, and blanching; occurs in first 1-2 days of fever
Second rash occurring within 1-2 days of defervescence, lasting 1-5 days
Second rash morbilliform, maculopapular, sparing palms and soles
Occasionally desquamates
Bone pain
Absent in DHF/DSS
After onset of fever
Increases in severity
Not associated with fractures
May last several weeks
Most common in legs, joints, and lumbar spine
Miscellaneous symptoms
Nausea and vomiting
Cutaneous hyperesthesia
Taste aberrations
Anorexia
Abdominal pain (severe in DHF/DSS)
Physical:

Fever
Signs of intravascular volume depletion
Hypotension with narrowed pulse pressure (see Picture 1)
Delayed capillary refill (see Picture 2)
Hemorrhagic manifestations
Positive tourniquet test
Petechiae, purpura, epistaxis, gum bleeding, GI bleeding, menorrhagia
Rash
Hepatomegaly (inconsistent)
Generalized lymphadenopathy
Causes:

Dengue virus types 1-4
Aedes aegypti mosquito vector
Human-mosquito-human cycle
Found in tropical regions, especially Southeast Asia