Juan Dolio - South Beach of the Caribbean !!!

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I have No problem with people making money, but they should be totally transparent and truthful regarding their deals/offers, That does not "ever" happen here in the DR! It is the Latin way of doing business (RE Business).;)

"they should be totally transparent and truthful regarding their deals/offers"

Does that happen anywhere when it come to real estate? I could tell you definately not the NYC or Florida real estate market. I would venture to say that looking for a sucker is the worldwide way of doing business in real estate. I wouldnt just limit it to Latins or the DR. There are not too many honest people in the business. It is more of the responsibility of the buyer to do his/her due dilligence when investing. If a seller puts an outrageous pricetag on a property and the buyer goes for it... shame on the buyer.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
And why would I do that given this society's propensity for retribution and violence? I called two papers two days after Matilda's shooting. They are SD based. That's as much as I'm willing to jeopardize my family given the circumstances surrounding her shooting and the tone of this board.
Why do people make things more difficult than they have to be.

How about sending me a PM with the name of the papers.

Its not much to ask, you know.

-NALs :ermm:

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
We still can be friends !

... you moron...ignorant, selfish idiot...get your butt ...embarrassment to the humanity...should be ashamed...
I will continue being polite to you and not calling you by any names ...specially when I find that you are a woman . BTW I had no idea it was ok to insult people in the DR1 forums , but I will never do it anyway... And let me clearify something : 1) I do not work for Metro Group or any development companies in Juan Dolio . 2) I do not work for the City Mayor?s office or City Council (if any in Juan Dolio). 3) I do not live in Metro Country Club . I have a house in Villas Del Mar area next to Plaza Real , Gulias Cafe etc. 4) I do not make any $ posting the pics on this tread . My post pics do not have any info with prices or contact info etc. I take the pics of the constructions how there are with all the ''dirt'' around them. 5) I recive tons of e-mails asking for advise , info etc. on Juan Dolio projects (sorry I could not answer all of them lately). I meet developers from the area , so we share any info. 6) I can name you with the names in the quote in 10 differente languages , 5 of them I speak fluently ( and yes English is not my first , even not my second language) But I still won't do it . 7) My interest in the progress of developments in Juan Dolio , Villas Del Mar is simple , I have my own project in the area and I wish this place to grow and to be populated one day . AI Resorts went out of buisness . Juan Dolio is slowly becoming residencial . That's a fact . 8) I can tell you all the stories about Juan Dolio what happened after what ( after being there for more then 12 years ) . 9) And finally since when to build on your own land is a rape ?

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
calling into question someone's mental health isn't insulting TO Steve?

[Dr1 notes
I will continue being polite to you and not calling you by any names ...specially when I find that you are a woman . BTW I had no idea it was ok to insult people in the DR1 forums , but I will never do it anyway... n 12 years ) . 9) And finally since when to build on your own land is a rape ?

Since when is posting that someone is a schizophrenic when they are NOT, considered NOT insulting or name calling or is being POLITE? Or suggesting that I need to be medicated (in your own horrible spelling 'madicated')? Apparently your rules only apply when the proverbial "stuff" is headed in YOUR direction but not when comes from YOU spewing your own verbal pollution? How about your accusation that I 'hijacked' YOUR forum because my Dengue post wasn't getting attention (btw, thanks---many more people have seen it since your comment.) What's the matter? Have you never had a woman articulate any intelligent ideas to you so you assumed I was male?

I was NOT the one who brought into the discussion the 'rape' but borrowed it from another poster in this thread (go back & look who used it 1st.) When raping the land and resources it doesn't matter if YOU own the land IF you produce negative externalities (the economic term for the costs not borne by the person reaping the profits.) The fact that the development causes flooding (remove vegetation, less drainage), pooling of water (from the enormous holes waiting for the construction), the trash and feces of the workers of said construction both resulting in the spread of infectious disease, the roads being ruined by overweighted vehicles and then NEVER being fixed properly, the incessant noise and respiratory-condition triggering dust are ALL examples of NEGATIVE EXTERNALTIES. So is building a 4 story building where there once was a view for those who lived across the street (no me.) Those who are developing should be responsible for providing appropriate sanitation, hygiene facilities, trash removal, fixing the roads they've ruined, allocating money for cleaning up the businesses and homes they've polluted with diesel and ubiquitous dust, as well as noise.

The dictionary defines RAPE as "to seize and take away by force"; also "an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away by force." Or: ape - Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :

Rape \Rape\, v. t.
1. To commit rape upon; to ravish.
[1913 Webster]
2. (Fig., Colloq.) To perform an action causing results
harmful or very unpleasant to a person or thing; as, women
raped first by their assailants, and then by the Justice
system. Corresponds to 2nd rape, n. 5.
These are mostly the non-sexual definitions...when one takes away the natural beauty of a community by force, the definition fits. My undergraduate degree is in Urban Planning which is of course somewhat of an oxymoron on this island, but there ARE socially, environmentally, and economically responsible ways to develop a community WITHOUT RAPING it.

The offer still stands to meet in person and I will give you a tour of what the highlighted examples are. I can guarantee that it will be an experience you will never forget.

You claim to not make money off this site, then WHAT are you doing with these photos? Perhaps it's an online pep rally? I don't begrudge you a way to make a living. I do, along with many others, resent the fact that you are not only ignoring the negative consequences of these enormous developments for which their exists no infrastructure, but criticizing the citizenry/residents who are merely stating their opinions.

If you don't see yourself as part of the problem here in JD, HOW ARE YOU PART OF THE SOLUTION? NOW...not in 15 years. What are YOU personally doing to ensure the health, welfare and safety of the CURRENT residents and workers in JD? Have you used any of your profits to improve the local public schools, build a youth center or a new baseball diamond with outfitting teams? Have you paid for an immunized or supplemented vitamin A to prevent blindness in the 100s of vulnerable children here? Have you ensured that those open manholes won't break any more legs? What have YOU done to clean up the trash from the construction sites that breeds Dengue & Malaria carrying mosquitos? I want to know what YOU, Steve G, have done to improve the general health, well-being and live-ability of JD?? Are you saying that you have NOT just taken profits to reinvest in yourself or your own project? The only "trickle down" that most of us are seeing is of sewage. The problem is people see an opportunity to make "a quick" buck & because there are no enforced regulations, they exploit the land, air, water, and humans without regard to the short or long term consequences except for themselves.

Honestly, I don't think that the type of person who denies these issues could possibly understand what motivates someone like myself who has dedicated their life to improving the public's health. I just don't think you're capable of thinking on that level.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I already SENT YOU A PM

Why do people make things more difficult than they have to be.

How about sending me a PM with the name of the papers.

Its not much to ask, you know.

-NALs :ermm:
I SENT YOU A PM but since I don't know WHO you are & what your personal interest in this is, I stick by what I said in the PM. I'm not trying to make anything difficult...but I'm part of a 5 member family and as the mother of 3 boys, primary care doc to 160 orphans & 45 employees plus dozens of volunteers, I'm not going to say anything to a complete stranger who may or may not have innocent intentions regarding murders and attempted murders.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Juan Dolio

Don't know DrChris nor Steve G but I reckon from what I've read in the past that both live their lives in JD just as I do.
In some parts I agree with DrChris and in some parts I agree with Steve but I don't want to get into that, what I would like to say though is that I don't believe this forum should be used to get personal.
I believe that influential and intelligent people such as yourself should get together, unite and then start making a difference and we can't do that by throwing names at each other.
We need all the help we can get to make JD into the place it should be.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
...And not to go off topic but a little further afield in Bavaro, if anyone has the background or personal knowledge about what appears to be a construction shambles at Residencial Carey, could they PM or email me please? Annonymity assured. Thanks...

Dos españoles reclaman 2.3 millones de dólares por edificio defectuoso

Let's ask the Bavaro / Punta Cana fans from the East Coast Forum about it ...http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/69297-have-any-info.html#post584193

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Don't know DrChris nor Steve G but I reckon from what I've read in the past that both live their lives in JD just as I do.
In some parts I agree with DrChris and in some parts I agree with Steve but I don't want to get into that, what I would like to say though is that I don't believe this forum should be used to get personal.
I believe that influential and intelligent people such as yourself should get together, unite and then start making a difference and we can't do that by throwing names at each other.
We need all the help we can get to make JD into the place it should be.

Thanks Frank . I agree with you . But unfortunately in some people the level of negativity is so high that you ask yourself sometimes : do you really want to listen them , pay any attention or just push an ignore botton :bored: For the past 12 years I have seen so many people in Juan Dolio / Villas Del Mar from everywhere around the world trying to make a difference , telling everybody how to do things and how they do it in their countries etc. But they just come and go and some of them are really very stressed up. But this is the first time I see so high level of ''Denguemania'' , ''Liptophrenia'' and Delusions of Illuminati - Developers Conspiracy :paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

Last edited:

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
if it was that bad of an epidemic wouldnt the WHO WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION be in juan dolio right now.:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
In Juan Dolio there is no dengue, malaria and lepto.

Sorry I meant Leptofrenia :glasses:... But guys let's get over it and not be off topic anymore ... the reason why I brought the link of the tread http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/68720-dengue-fever-after-noel.html to this one is to let people to pay attention to it and who is interested to post in it .You can do it finally ,after being dead for weeks it became Stincky ... oops sorry for my bad spellings again ... I meant Sticky . So if you have any comments on such subject please do not hesitate to visit that one and post on it :paranoid:

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Updates in Villas Del Mar

Some company cleaned up the huge amount of plots from one street to the other both sides right in bushes of Villas Del Mar :surprised next to Condominium Lilimar ( recently renovated ) to build the whole block of condominiums ...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I SENT YOU A PM but since I don't know WHO you are & what your personal interest in this is, I stick by what I said in the PM. I'm not trying to make anything difficult...but I'm part of a 5 member family and as the mother of 3 boys, primary care doc to 160 orphans & 45 employees plus dozens of volunteers, I'm not going to say anything to a complete stranger who may or may not have innocent intentions regarding murders and attempted murders.
Yes, you did sent a PM and it pretty much said everything except the very simple information I asked for.

But fine, I'm going to have to take your word that you "called two newspapers in Santo Domingo". I mean, checking your 100 plus posts you have created since you became a member of DR1; not once in the thread of Matilda's incident did you mentioned or even gave the slight inclination that you contacted any newspaper. Even after Mountainfrog brought up the fact that her incident was not published in a single newspaper, I mean you responded but didn't say anything of contacting them.

Hm, I'm going to keep wondering. Knowing would either bring some validity or weaken the argument here, but alas, you don't want to say anything to a complete stranger about two suppose calls to two newspapers, but over the past two years or so you have been "sharing" so much personal information with the tens of thousands of strangers that visit DR1.

Great, just great. :ermm:

-NALs

kirkland1222

Mar 9, 2005
This thread became fairly interesting.

I believe that with any contruction in the DR there are going to be problems with cleanliness, sewage, etc. It is just a fact of how things are built here. The hope is that the construction isn't abandoned due to lack of funding or other reasons and the problems remain along with half finished concrete structures. It doesn't look like this is what is happening here.

Granted JD is changing dramatically from what it was before but that is just the nature of an ever expanding world population with more ability and opportunity to travel. There are fewer and fewer places that someone can consider to be pristine any longer due in part by this massive growth.

To play devil's advocate, the only way to curb this continuing construction and development in the world, if you are of that particular mindset, is to stop having children and hope that dengue, malaria, and all the other diseases in the world do take their toll. Of course, nobody will ever let this happen but the alternative is really to keep travelling to other untouched areas and wait for the inevitable.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Thank you Frank...and Steve, my dear...I DID invite you for a public health tour given by ME, a Medical Care Board member of the American Public Health Association.

Mikey...it would be nice to think that WHO has the resources to run off and look at every epidemic but Dengue in its normal form (not hemorrhagic IS NOT fatal if treated properly.) So, it is left of up to those of us on the ground to dig in.

I'm willing to give a grand tour of ALL the public health problems in Juan Doiio. WHEN SHALL WE SCHEDULE? ALL ARE INVITED!! I DELIGHT IN EDUCATING PEOPLE IN THIS STUFF (really, and not in a sadistic way! I have a MPH in Behavioral Sci & Health Ed in addition to my other ed...I really do like teaching public health!) I do happen to believe that this forum is an appropriate place to bring up the negatives as well as Steve posting his pic postcard photos (which admittedly are enticing.) Some of us are merely trying to provide balance. The issue is when people start calling me schizophrenic...then, sure I'll get mean, but I don't HAVE to--the facts speak for themselves!

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Ah NALs... apparently you have more of a passing interest IF you indeed read all my posts as my posts are not usually concise (I have a gift for verbosity). As I have absolutely NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE (or even where) and you know WHO I am and where (it isn't hard when I use my title, first name and last name initials--and even just with my first name, all you'd need to do is ask a few people--intentionally so those who want to professionally find me can), I don't think you are in a position to judge whether I should be giving you the names of the reporters or which papers I called. If you're THAT motivated, call them all and ask for the records for exactly two days after Matilda's shooting.

Another thing...To what end would I lie about this? Surely you'd think I'd come up with something more inventive or spectacular (and I DID clearly explain to you about the OTHER two cases, didn't I?) I can tell you that I've also reported cases of various infectious diseases both to government agencies and to the papers to have absolutely NOTHING done about them. In fact, DR1 is probably THE BEST SOURCE of information in the DR in terms of "hearing it from the horses'/sources' mouth!"

I will tell you that most of us were TERRIFIED in the wake of an unarmed, small gringa (married to a local cop) being SHOT in the neck as an attempted murder. Even posting her status on DR1 without her name or login ID was terrifying. You tell me your whole name in a public forum and I'll go into great detail as to how freakin paranoid the whole town of JD became after Matilda's shooting. Several ex-pats where on the verge of dumping what they own and leaving permanently. Some couldn't because they simply couldn't afford to take a hit financially. I have 3 very gringo kids & dh to think of besides myself.

Oh yeah, btw...haven't posted this yet, but a local man was killed by a car crossing the JD blvd on Friday. I don't know him and I wasn't there so I'm NOT calling the papers, but now no one can say I'm concealing info now. Poor guy and his family.