Las Terrenas riots ???

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Well, that's so silly.

These places produce jobs and are convenient. There is a lot of coastline, for heaven's sake. Beach erosion is natural but folks can still walk all along the affected areas.

Instead of spending resources on this, what don't they clean up all the litter/trash in the village itself?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Africaida in post #23 indicated with a picture of the damage.

The damage and erosion was very significant and it was a case of the authorities cleaning up an absolute mess. See video and it all makes sense:

[video=youtube_share;K6DvSPORDyo]https://youtu.be/K6DvSPORDyo[/video]

That thought literally sends chills up my spine ... Like if I were in a Coma, and came back and everything was all messed up..
that is a Horrible Idea..
What evil mind would even think this type of setup, is what People Fly to the Beaches of the DR for ??

I want my feet in the sand, Presidente in a cup, and my Pescado Frito with tostones or Fries on a Plate and a little tomato and lettuce, brought to me... while i enjoy it and make crumbs all over my BELLY as I look at Sosua Bay with a smile on my face.. escaping work for a whole week.. if I am lucky.
.. How freeking hard is that to understand ?
If I want a sterilized Mall Food Court, i will stay my arse in New jersey.

sorry for rant.

Very true - But U can't fly to AZS anyway.

Hope LT is OK from Maria - Stay Strong RD

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Let's see what this storm would have done to those places....

My guess is they're history by Nature or by Gov't.... double trouble

Bye Bye Beach Bars

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Mother nature

Let's see what this storm would have done to those places....

My guess is they're history by Nature or by Gov't.... double trouble

Bye Bye Beach Bars

How true.

It looks like some of the beach bars around Playa Popi are being removed, the natural way.