Latest Developments In Sosua

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I remember the OXY2 club was good(around 2000?). The tourists were younger(and not just guys) and there were some DJs playing Euro synth/house music. I heard "Sandstorm" in the DR long before hearing it in the US. Not my favorite music, but it beats the hell out of Reggaeton and pretty tolerable once you're drunk enough.

Sandstorm - YouTube

Lucky you......

More people have committed suicide after listening to that song......

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Last edited:
May 29, 2006
Now that I think of it, I often tie when I was in Sosua to whatever was ALWAYS being played on the radio. Gasolina by Daddy Yankee, Obsession by Aventura, and, in the good old days, Morena Yo Soy tu Marido by Raulin.

One of my happier memories of the DR(and Sosua) was playing Dominoes with a bunch of Taxi Drivers across from the Texaco when Asereje came on the radio. One of the drivers did the hand gestures and got everyone laughing.
Ketchup song original and full - YouTube

Btw, has Gangnam Style taken off in the DR? Record number of plays on YouTube now at over 800 million plays:
PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (

May 29, 2006
I dunno, I kind of like La Vaca hearing it just once, but the prob with most Dominican hits isn't whether they are good or not but how hard it is to escape them when you're sick to death of hearing the same song 20 times a day for a month. Worse than Adele... well almost.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I dunno, I kind of like La Vaca hearing it just once, but the prob with most Dominican hits isn't whether they are good or not but how hard it is to escape them when you're sick to death of hearing the same song 20 times a day for a month. Worse than Adele... well almost.

jajaja... I know what you mean so... i have not turned on a house or car radio for just about 12 years.