(long) story - need insight please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahamasgirl

Dec 26, 2005
Girl You Are Crazy Would You Have Given Out You Info To Some Guy In Canada Or Us Please Somthing Is Wrong And Dont Get Me Wrong I Know Dr Men Fall In Love All Easily But If You Go To Dr First Take The Money And Get A Diferent Account Or Bank Secondly Go To Have A Good Time And Split That Money So That A Friend Can Go With You Check Him Out Over Time That Man Either Want Visa Greencard Or Some Money Be Aware And Beware

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I, too, am surprised at the $1,000

But, some people will spend $10,000 to get across the Mona Passage on a row boat. A $1,000 investment for a Visa (with some snatch on the side) is not much.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Suzie said:
Just to respond to a few posts:

I have not gone yet and will not for another couple of weeks.

You are right, I did make my decision before posting. I thought I made note of that in my first post but I guess it wasn?t clear. To be honest, I wasn?t going to post until I read someone saying how the forum was getting boring because there are no new sankie posts. Then I figured it can only do me some good to get more opinions on my own situation, and who better to play devil?s advocate than you guys? My intention was not to have my mind changed, but to have some perspectives that I may be missing so that when I am down there I will be prepared.

So I am sorry if I am a disappointment by going through with this, but please don?t think that your responses are going to waste because I got the point. He?s not sincere, and he?s out to scam me for my money, my heart, and a visa. If you guys are so insistent on this, than it most likely is the case, and it has me on my guard more than ever. But if you are wondering why I am not changing my mind, it?s because I already made it. You guys may know Dominicans, but the people in my life know me, and if they think that I am capable of handling things, than no stranger is going to sway my decision?I turned to you guys so you could help me mentally prepare. If you think I?m wasting your time by posting on here and not taking your advice by cancelling, than please tell me and I won?t post anymore.

As for being selfish, he is fully aware that I?m staying in the Playa Dorada complex. I did throw the word opportunistic in one of my posts, but I don?t think I?m selfish.

And for those who are truly concerned ? thank you.

Well Suzie, I do hope you have a good time, please post upon your return home, so you can prove all of us wrong! ;)

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
Hello Suzie,

Do not forget to update all of us when you return from your trip. Hope all goes well and BE SAFE! Just use common sense and don't do anything without thinking of the consequences first.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Suzie, I also hope you have a great trip and have lots of fun. But be careful !

I just read your post and it's very unlikely that someone who's never kissed you, or even done anything more with you, will send money to see you again. Very unlikely !

Suzie

Jan 12, 2006
Hi, I just got back from DR and as I had a request to update you on my story, here it is:

I had an amazing time, everything went better than I could have hoped. I met a great group of fun Canadians on the resort who spent my days with me and knew where I would be, and in the evenings I would meet up with my guy with no fear, because my instincts told me that I could trust him.

I will be honest with you - yes, he does exhibit the latin possessiveness, the passion, and the machismo, but I was also treated with complete respect, and I felt like a princess all week. If he has his eyes on the prize, (whatever ulterior motive he might have had) than he hid it well behind his sincerity. His family and friends spoke highly of him, and the evident richness and genuinness of his relationships with them impressed me.

No one falls in love in 7 days, but I will admit that I am infatuated with this man. And I know for a fact that there will be no requests for anything involving western union, ever. I'm not looking at marriage or babies and I'm not even saying that this will become a lasting relationship, as distance is a b*tch. But for the record, if I could make an assessment now, this would absolutely be a success story, because he is a great guy, we had a fantastic and meaningful time together, and if this is all it turns out to be, than it will be a cherished memory.

I won't to go into details here as this is now my personal story and I do not feel that it belongs in a sankie forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for all your advice.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Suzie said:
Hi, I just got back from DR and as I had a request to update you on my story, here it is:

I had an amazing time, everything went better than I could have hoped. I met a great group of fun Canadians on the resort who spent my days with me and knew where I would be, and in the evenings I would meet up with my guy with no fear, because my instincts told me that I could trust him.

I will be honest with you - yes, he does exhibit the latin possessiveness, the passion, and the machismo, but I was also treated with complete respect, and I felt like a princess all week. If he has his eyes on the prize, (whatever ulterior motive he might have had) than he hid it well behind his sincerity. His family and friends spoke highly of him, and the evident richness and genuinness of his relationships with them impressed me.

No one falls in love in 7 days, but I will admit that I am infatuated with this man. And I know for a fact that there will be no requests for anything involving western union, ever. I'm not looking at marriage or babies and I'm not even saying that this will become a lasting relationship, as distance is a b*tch. But for the record, if I could make an assessment now, this would absolutely be a success story, because he is a great guy, we had a fantastic and meaningful time together, and if this is all it turns out to be, than it will be a cherished memory.

I won't to go into details here as this is now my personal story and I do not feel that it belongs in a sankie forum.

Nice.

But do not give your banking information to anyone again.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Suzie said:

Wow, Suzie, thats great. I'm glad you had a good time. Good luck with watever.

notion

Oct 2, 2005
It's nice to read such a happy story! I'm glad it turned out this way. Good luck, Suzie!

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Bahamasgirl said:
Girl You Are Crazy Would You Have Given Out You Info To Some Guy In Canada Or Us Please Somthing Is Wrong And Dont Get Me Wrong I Know Dr Men Fall In Love All Easily But If You Go To Dr First Take The Money And Get A Diferent Account Or Bank Secondly Go To Have A Good Time And Split That Money So That A Friend Can Go With You Check Him Out Over Time That Man Either Want Visa Greencard Or Some Money Be Aware And Beware

And This One Time At Bandcamp...

Just kidding.

For the OP:

Glad nothing bad happened. If you think you want to pursue something, this is the part where you have to be a very strong person and not settle for any variations in your man's routine.

Don't let him have a few "slip-ups" here and there because he was so nice in the beginning.

An M.O. that many jerk-offs use is to be saccharine sweet in the beginning and then just when they think they have you "hooked", they turn into di*ks.

If he cares about you, he will become more of a gentleman - not less - as time goes on.

Just remember that we all get one thing in life - what we settle for.

Good luck and remember - you're the woman so that automatically disqualifies you from picking up the check. If he asks you to pay, he is most likely a p*ssy and shouldn't be bothered with. Should this happen, go and find yourself a real man.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm surprised that after depositing 1000 dollars in your bank account he didn't take the week off to be with you ;)

Is he paying for your next trip too?

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Of course all his family and friends talk well about him.....FYI they do that even if he is the biggest sankie on the planet...I've seen it first hand. Girl gets mad a guy guy swears up and down he's not doing anything, guys best friend tells girl to trust guy, girl believes it and stops being mad, and that same night guy goes out with another girl......

Just had to put that in there for the learners, but I am glad to hear you had to have a good time.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Suzie,

This is a frist! A happy story about a resort worker an a guest at a hotel. I was worry about you and how your trip when. I happy to hear the outcome was great and that you had fun, and that he respected you. Please Suzie change your bank account. Even if this guy is great; you never know. You have to be prepare for everything. I wish you the best of luck on this new long distance relationship and Have Fun!!! :)

Last edited:

lookin'forlove

Sep 14, 2004
RP23 said:
Suzie,
This is a frist! A happy story about a resort worker an a guest at a hotel. I was worry about you and how your trip when. I happy to hear the outcome was great and that you had fun, and that he respected you.

I've been involved with a couple of guys that I met at resorts. Suzie's story is not a first at all! She's done well (good for you Suzie!), but she's not the only one. One tells me that he can never visit me in Canada because he'd die in the cold (not questing a visa) and another is a professional with his own visa (not questing a visa). The first has fallen to the position of "good friend" since I now commit my time in the country to the second. Neither has received a penny from me in 3 years.

You all provide a great service with your expertise...kind of. You're so negative though, that somebody who is on a path, like Suzie, can use little of your advice because all you're doing is telling her "you're naive!" Once somebody has made the obvious decision of not following your preliminary advice ("don't do it!"), real guidance (as came in spurts in this thread) could truly benefit them. People are gonna do what they're gonna do.

I (and Suzie) know enough to be suspicious and cautious and to read this forum. It is surely the minority of cases, but bear in mind that "they" aren't ALL out for the same thing which is as most of you insinuate. And yes, women and men the world over make rash decisions based on passion or lust or magnetism when they first meet someone. Don't act like it's not happening! Not understandable to you? Possible. Happening? Absolutely! I've actually been through more preposterous and more possessive and more jealous behaviour with Ph.D. physicists and accountants and comedians that I have dated than my Dominican men who put family and love ahead of being upwardly mobile, or advancing careers, or gaining material possessions. It's all relative.

Have fun and be safe, Suzie and all the rest of us. I hope they/we are all as smart as Suzie seems to be.

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
lookin'forlove said:
I've been involved with a couple of guys that I met at resorts. Suzie's story is not a first at all! She's done well (good for you Suzie!), but she's not the only one. One tells me that he can never visit me in Canada because he'd die in the cold (not questing a visa) and another is a professional with his own visa (not questing a visa). The first has fallen to the position of "good friend" since I now commit my time in the country to the second. Neither has received a penny from me in 3 years.

You all provide a great service with your expertise...kind of. You're so negative though, that somebody who is on a path, like Suzie, can use little of your advice because all you're doing is telling her "you're naive!" Once somebody has made the obvious decision of not following your preliminary advice ("don't do it!"), real guidance (as came in spurts in this thread) could truly benefit them. People are gonna do what they're gonna do.

I (and Suzie) know enough to be suspicious and cautious and to read this forum. It is surely the minority of cases, but bear in mind that "they" aren't ALL out for the same thing which is as most of you insinuate. And yes, women and men the world over make rash decisions based on passion or lust or magnetism when they first meet someone. Don't act like it's not happening! Not understandable to you? Possible. Happening? Absolutely! I've actually been through more preposterous and more possessive and more jealous behaviour with Ph.D. physicists and accountants and comedians that I have dated than my Dominican men who put family and love ahead of being upwardly mobile, or advancing careers, or gaining material possessions. It's all relative.

Have fun and be safe, Suzie and all the rest of us. I hope they/we are all as smart as Suzie seems to be.

Yes sometimes people are negative ....
but with the stuff that goes on I dont blame them.
There are more heartbreak stories of Dominican resort workers and tourists then good ones ....
No not all men are the same ... some are truly genuine and real!
But for the most part ... from what I've seen and heard they arent
But then again some only work in resorts while going to school to be able to pay for it to have a better life! I know of a few who are doing it for that and actually hate the resort industry and cant wait to get out

Suzie good luck and keep us posted on what happens;)

*Baby Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.