Luxury Real Estate Market

MalditoGringo

Mar 22, 2008
Kemo - am interested in your Cap Cana property. Green Village was it? Is it a full triplex or a partial?? How much???

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just spent the past few days looking at and researching the luxury real estate on the east coast (Punta Cana / Bavaro). The market is doing exceptionally well and they are selling. Spent lots of time with sales people, locals and generally getting a feel for what's moving and who is saying what.

The quality of the product by Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Roco Ki etc is exceptional.

The Punta Cana / Bavaro region should be declared as a different country, it's so different from many other parts of the DR :) In 5 years, I have no doubt it will be one of the premier destinations this side of the world.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sometimes the hype says too much. New posters going over the same thing.

Geeez. Et tu Robert?

Ringo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
24/7 ??

Just spent the past few days looking at and researching the luxury real estate on the east coast (Punta Cana / Bavaro). The market is doing exceptionally well and they are selling. Spent lots of time with sales people, locals and generally getting a feel for what's moving and who is saying what.

The quality of the product by Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Roco Ki etc is exceptional.

The Punta Cana / Bavaro region should be declared as a different country, it's so different from many other parts of the DR :) In 5 years, I have no doubt it will be one of the premier destinations this side of the world.

Robert--I seem to recall that Bavaro had its own grid(?) providing power 24/7. True? What about the surrounding areas?
Is this part of the attraction for investment or are there other attributes worth mentioning that make it stand apart from the reat of the DR?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert--I seem to recall that Bavaro had its own grid(?) providing power 24/7. True? What about the surrounding areas?
Is this part of the attraction for investment or are there other attributes worth mentioning that make it stand apart from the reat of the DR?

Quality of lifestyle.
24x7 power.
Amazing beaches.
Massive amount of development, shopping centers, stores, services etc.
Weather.
Very low crime rate.
Punta Cana airport is the best connected in the DR.
Etc etc etc...

The quality of the real estate product far exceeds others I have seen in the DR. Of course, it comes at a higher premium.

Many young professionals I know that live in Santo Domingo are moving to the east coast, as it offers the best jobs and a far better quality of lifestyle.

If your a golfer, you will be in heaven. Your looking at 10+ world class courses within 5 years and all within 40 mins of each other.
The PGA seniors tour will be at Punta Espada (Cap Cana) this weekend.

The level of investment that's going on right now on the east coast is truly amazing! You need to see it to fully understand whats going on.

It's an area that DR1 will heavily invest people and resources into in the coming years.

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Thank. Hidalgo. But, man you missed the money quote, ..

Trump also announced that Hanse Golf Course Design Inc., one of the leading international golf course design companies, will be designing the first of Trump at Cap Cana’s new golf courses, Farall?n and Dolinas, perched well above sea level on the project’s stunning bluff.
The team at Hanse Design firmly believes that the world’s best golf courses begin with the quality and foundation of the land. The supervision of this construction process is constant and committed through all its personnel in each international project, as is the case for Trump at Cap Cana.
The bluff’s courses will have strategically placed challenging sand traps, greens, and will be close one another without interfering in the development and design of the other course. Farall?n, which consists of 7,215 yards of championship golf, is set amongst natural flora and a landscape dominated by the sand and sea, with three fabulous holes bordering the cliff face. Dolinas, boasting 7,290 yards of championship golf, will have a clean and clear native landscape, bordered by the abundance of trees, flowers, and spectacular dolinas.

WATG Chosen as Architect and Interior Designer for New Trump at Cap Cana Project

large_9A85A859-1372-FA94-0308CC0C5F503992.jpg

Trump Cap Cana Master Plan

large_9A86AAE4-1372-FA94-032D29529668C577.jpg

Trump Cap Cana Villa Elevation

large_9A862895-1372-FA94-032115EFE9D9ADA3.jpg

Trump Cap Cana Hotel Section

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Mar. 30, 2008
Copyright ? Las Vegas Review-Journal

High-end property draws record prices despite downturn

By CAROL VOGEL
SPECIAL TO THE REVIEW-JOURNAL A survey of the world's leading luxury real estate brokerages that comprise the Christie's Great Estates international network reveals that despite the widely reported downturn in housing, high-value real estate in many markets worldwide has sold in record numbers and at record prices.

In the Caribbean the high-end market is definitely the strongest performer of the island property market now, with both European and American buyers, according to Christian Wattiau, owner of Sibarth Real Estate on St. Barths, who sold a US$22 million home at the end of 2007. Cap Cana, the exclusive Dominican Republican resort represented by Provaltur International, sold 75 percent of beachfront condominium inventory for US$68 million in December of 2007. Cap Cana achieved a record sale last month for a beachfront lot that traded for US$5.8 million.

Feb 15, 2005
My experience despite some Public relation comments you will received in this Forum that everything smells like roses is that the Market is slowing down considerably. Casa de Campo is very slow and prices have fell 10% or so, but in general values in Casa de campo are staying their ground. There are allot of owners in Casa de Campo from the U.S specially from South Florida where the housing recession is hitting the hardest and you may run into people that are desperate to sell but generally is slow but there is no crisis and Casa de Campo is very stable in the long term. Cap Cana prices are very Inflated????? there allot of resales that cannot simply sale. Lately what is occurring in Cap Cana that allot of people that have economic difficulty and cannot sale their options are just simply walking away and letting the project keep their deposits. Cap Cana has allot of Investment project so it is the biggest development in the D.R but there is allot to go and the economic situation hitting banks all over the world is having negative impacts in Cap Cana. In regards to Punta Cana resort or grupo Punta Cana this is the most stable financial group in Punta cana they own the Airport and they are getting incredible revenues from it as well as the Punta Cana Resort community is smaller and very exclusive and even thou sales are slow allot of wealthy americans and europeans are still investing in the Punta cana resort. Roco Ki sales are very sluggish but the hotel and group investment are very sound but they are not having Cap Cana fall out of people dropping out of their investment because they can sale or transfer their option, but new sales are slow like Casa de Campo and Cap Cana. Allot of the smaller developments in Bavaro are struggling you will see allot of construction sites with few or no workers this low end developments are private investment mainly from Miami Base investors suffering the credit crunch. I Invested in Cap Cana sometimes my negative and realistic comments contradict a group of Dominicans that simply feel i am just talking bad about their country instead of looking at the reality of the situation you will have some forummers post allot of Periodicals and magazine articles that are simply P.R they themselves have never been investor anywhere they just simply like to hide the dirt under the rug. One thing that you have to understand in the D.R is that Newspapers, Magazines, tv and Government work together in an effort to control any negative or truthful press that may hurt the Touristic economic development of the Island. You will never get full disclosure from magazines,tv or Periodicals you will simply get marketing and more marketing...

I guess you weren't that far off

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
DR isthe most expensive?

I have been looking around the world for a nice warm climat with a beach view ,and so far the DR is the most expensive by far.
There is a tv cable show in the USA call " what can I get for $300 K" ,You will be suprise how much of a house you can get for1/4 mill around the world.
I founded that the houses in the DR are at least %30 to %40 over price ,and the housing market has nothing to stand on (all the price hike) is based on nothing:Not demand and supply ,not on the economy, just standing on thin air?
With the world economy crisis , the DR is becoming out of reach to a ton of peoples and will isolate it self if there is not a price coorection in the housing market?
Barbados,st Lucia,costa rica ,Mexico,Cuba..etc offers so much those day for your buck and are competing very hard with the DR to attrack new investor and residents!
TO RETIRE in the DR and live a high midle class life you need a minimum of $ USA 600 k cash.(not counting your IRA AND FUTURE social security).How many people could cash out their estate with no left debt and that cind of money $. not much?
All that said ,because of my buisness I DO OWN A LOCATION IN THe DR!!! ha!ha!
I love the DR with all my heart(perssonel reasons) and will stay there no matter what ,even if i was the last one standing !love of the people is a powerfull things?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I have been looking around the world for a nice warm climat with a beach view ,and so far the DR is the most expensive by far.
There is a tv cable show in the USA call " what can I get for $300 K" ,You will be suprise how much of a house you can get for1/4 mill around the world.
I founded that the houses in the DR are at least %30 to %40 over price ,and the housing market has nothing to stand on (all the price hike) is based on nothing:Not demand and supply ,not on the economy, just standing on thin air?
With the world economy crisis , the DR is becoming out of reach to a ton of peoples and will isolate it self if there is not a price coorection in the housing market?
Barbados,st Lucia,costa rica ,Mexico,Cuba..etc offers so much those day for your buck and are competing very hard with the DR to attrack new investor and residents!
TO RETIRE in the DR and live a high midle class life you need a minimum of $ USA 600 k cash.(not counting your IRA AND FUTURE social security).How many people could cash out their estate with no left debt and that cind of money $. not much?
All that said ,because of my buisness I DO OWN A LOCATION IN THe DR!!! ha!ha!
I love the DR with all my heart(perssonel reasons) and will stay there no matter what ,even if i was the last one standing !love of the people is a powerfull things?

RE market in touristic areas in recent years became inflated and overpriced beyond any imagination and a substantial (40%-70%) correction is only a matter of time - back to realistic prices of 2003-2004. In 2009 you will see more reasonable figures and more motivated sellers, and 2010 should be a good time to start buying Dominican RE with another 500 000 Americans losing jobs and Russian oil ultra profits being cut from $165/barrel to $30 and Putin curbing outflow of grey capitals/money laundering.

Just patience, my friend.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
My experience despite some Public relation comments you will received in this Forum that everything smells like roses is that the Market is slowing down considerably. Casa de Campo is very slow and prices have fell 10% or so, but in general values in Casa de campo are staying their ground. There are allot of owners in Casa de Campo from the U.S specially from South Florida where the housing recession is hitting the hardest and you may run into people that are desperate to sell but generally is slow but there is no crisis and Casa de Campo is very stable in the long term. Cap Cana prices are very Inflated????? there allot of resales that cannot simply sale. Lately what is occurring in Cap Cana that allot of people that have economic difficulty and cannot sale their options are just simply walking away and letting the project keep their deposits. Cap Cana has allot of Investment project so it is the biggest development in the D.R but there is allot to go and the economic situation hitting banks all over the world is having negative impacts in Cap Cana. In regards to Punta Cana resort or grupo Punta Cana this is the most stable financial group in Punta cana they own the Airport and they are getting incredible revenues from it as well as the Punta Cana Resort community is smaller and very exclusive and even thou sales are slow allot of wealthy americans and europeans are still investing in the Punta cana resort. Roco Ki sales are very sluggish but the hotel and group investment are very sound but they are not having Cap Cana fall out of people dropping out of their investment because they can sale or transfer their option, but new sales are slow like Casa de Campo and Cap Cana. Allot of the smaller developments in Bavaro are struggling you will see allot of construction sites with few or no workers this low end developments are private investment mainly from Miami Base investors suffering the credit crunch. I Invested in Cap Cana sometimes my negative and realistic comments contradict a group of Dominicans that simply feel i am just talking bad about their country instead of looking at the reality of the situation you will have some forummers post allot of Periodicals and magazine articles that are simply P.R they themselves have never been investor anywhere they just simply like to hide the dirt under the rug. One thing that you have to understand in the D.R is that Newspapers, Magazines, tv and Government work together in an effort to control any negative or truthful press that may hurt the Touristic economic development of the Island. You will never get full disclosure from magazines,tv or Periodicals you will simply get marketing and more marketing...

The guy was so much hated. But only eight months passed and time proved that he was 100% correct in all his predictions.

I`d hire him as investment analyst/adviser.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
DR real estate overpriced?

With the dramatic downturn in luxury real estate projects finding funding--from Ritz-Carlton projects in Miami to Rosewood projects in Costa Rica, there appear to be no rules whatsoever just now.

I have followed the North Coast's real estate cycle for almost a decade now and I have no idea what supports Cabarete's prices in particular. The infrastructure is a feeble joke, there is minimal golf to satisfy that particular segment of the second home buyer market, and the availability of highly trained hospitality workers still appears minimal.

Once owners tire of the water view, what else is there? Yes, I love the people and the fresh fruit and the baseball, but most people who can buy second or retirement homes are not thrilled by the Iguana Mama-type adventures available on the North Coast and will get very bored by the limited number of quality restaurants.

Frankly Central America is more interesting and just as close to the US market in particular as the DR is. Once you are through the airport security, luggage, etc. nonsense, does it really matter if your flight is an hour longer to get to, say, Panama?

I just don't understand the appeal of Cabarete--specifically the high end real estate available. Once this financing anomaly is over, I think that Cabarete is headed for some very rough times.

Reactions: AK74