Luxury Real Estate Market

May 28, 2008
About 10% -15% of the sellers are very motivated for various personal reasons. Buyers know that and are bargain hunting. The rest of the sellers do not need to sell and are pretty much firm in price. With 85 million babyboomers starting to retire now, and with the DR priced at half other islands, prices start to rise again...when? That is up to too many variables not known at this time....

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
How a person who "does not need to sell" can be called "seller" me wonder :surprised

The quote may make reference to the many homes being "offered" by kite fliers... people who just have a 4-Sale sign out with a ridiculous price tag, thinking that they don't really want (need) to sell unless some dumb gringo falls for the trap.
There are so many of them that others who really wish or need to sell, actually base their price ideas (dreams) on their prices.

... J-D.

eddieo

Jan 3, 2009
a person who does not need to sell, can be a seller coz they will have a set price they can afford to wait for. simple really!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
a person who does not need to sell, can be a seller coz they will have a set price they can afford to wait for. simple really!

In this case I am "seller" too.

If an idiot comes up to my house and offeres me its double market price - I will sell. (And immediately will buy two for the money just received - to sit and wait for two idiots this time).

Otherwise - I "can afford not to sell"

Simple really!

I really love Dominican business mentality.