man arrested for assaulting 2 canadian women in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Well, common sense would say, a safe and good job he might not risk it. Granted. But, yep we are in the DR, so.... brain might not have been involved.

Even in the "civilized" world people often do stupid or illogical things that place good jobs/carrees at risk. Don't they?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ridiculous conversation here

Look at back the ruined careers of men .... from chasing a chambermaid to the Profumo Affair 

All the time from those whom you would least expect.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Actually, for the average Dominican, it's the same thing. It also requires significant participation and efforts from the victim, someone who cares and is persistent, to represent their interests, lots of postponed hearings, time, resources, etc.
Agreed. That's exactly what I said:
In this country it usually takes considerable input from someone with the victim's interest at heart to obtain a conviction. Especially if the victim is an expat or a tourist, so I don't think we have to worry about that. Then there is that if it's a sexual assault case the victim has to sit and be trashed as a whore by the defendant.
The exception is that tourists don't want to come here for legal proceedings, especially after the second or third continuance, and most dead expats don't have anyone left here to represent them. I personally know two dominicanas who have been raped. They are terrified at the thought of reporting the crime to the police.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Agreed. That's exactly what I said:

The exception is that tourists don't want to come here for legal proceedings, especially after the second or third continuance, and most dead expats don't have anyone left here to represent them. I personally know two dominicanas who have been raped. They are terrified at the thought of reporting the crime to the police.

"Dead expats, rapped Dominicans" wrong thread, this is about a Canadian tourist claiming to be assaulted while here friend watched.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh southern, I think the Profumo affair is well documented -- and true
Mandy Rice-Davies ring a bell ?

And the IMF guy tried to skip town... they hauled him out of his seat at the airport.
He had boarded....to flee home to France on short notice

Cuffed him and locked him up.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Oh southern, I think the Profumo affair is well documented -- and true
Mandy Rice-Davies ring a bell ?

And the IMF guy tried to skip town... they hauled him out of his seat at the airport.
He had boarded....to flee home to France on short notice

Cuffed him and locked him up.

The charges against Strass Kahn were dropped after it was discovered the alleged victim lied. He admitted he had an affair and she was angry at the amount she got. She knew he had more money as he was staying in a 1400 dollar a night suite in New York. The prosecutor dropped all charges and the judge agreed. He was foolish but not a rappist

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thank you for the clarification.... I had lost track of the story

But as a young boy..... I have never forgotten Mandy.... to this day.
We all fantasized about her......still gets me going.....

Yahooooeeeee.... let me jump in there

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
The charges against Strass Kahn were dropped after it was discovered the alleged victim lied. He admitted he had an affair and she was angry at the amount she got. She knew he had more money as he was staying in a 1400 dollar a night suite in New York. The prosecutor dropped all charges and the judge agreed. He was foolish but not a rappist
That does blow the "Men won't risk their job by doing something foolish." theory out of the water.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Only for that example.
And think again if you think his career wasn't affected.
Lost the big job over it
No rapist... agreed ... but no more head of IMF...

A disaster personally

Shall we move on to Cosby , Profumo and a list of others....
Quite a list

Who was that Presidential candidate on the yacht........ history after a couple of kisses

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Someone message me if there is anything more in the news about the Boca Chica incident and I will reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.