Master Plan for Pedernales

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Screenshot 2024-01-12 113117.png

This seems used be a small hotel resort in ole days and my wife confirmed her family was in the area 2 weeks ago, its sitting empty

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I disagree, Punta Cana has a mainly boring landscape, and this new area has great potential. Beach is nicer as well.
Punta Cana has over 90 very large AI's and dozens of other hotels operating at high capacity all the time. Have you ever been to Pedernales? Nothing there, period.............

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Punta Cana has over 90 very large AI's and dozens of other hotels operating at high capacity all the time. Have you ever been to Pedernales? Nothing there, period.............
And then there is brand Punta Cana. I was once told Punta Cana was searched more in google than any other term/name related to the DR. Second was overstay fees haha

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have been to both, a number of times. One is developed, the other isn't. I am not a fan of flat plains and palm trees. Just because you have a love affair with Punta Cana doesn't mean I have to like the place. Yes, many of the resorts are very nice, as are the golf courses.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been to both, a number of times. One is developed, the other isn't. I am not a fan of flat plains and palm trees. Just because you have a love affair with Punta Cana doesn't mean I have to like the place. Yes, many of the resorts are very nice, as are the golf courses.
What myself or you "like" has zero to do with this. How long would it take to build even 20 Ai's there? Comparing PC to Pedernales is like comparing a Calmado in the Campo with Walmart...........

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
View attachment 8627

This seems used be a small hotel resort in ole days and my wife confirmed her family was in the area 2 weeks ago, its sitting empty
I always wonder what was the story behind someone putting up many millions of pesos to build something like this.

Same for Cumayasa and the Sand Castle.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never been to Punta Cana. Don't have a reason to go. I did go to Bavaro once well before Punta Cana was a thing. Found it uninteresting.

I expect Pedernales will do well.