Meet the Dominican Republic!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I like the few "token poor Bario" photos he "guilts himself into posting" at the end......

Nice balance, thanks for keeping it real.......

Meet the sidewalks of Gazcue, Santo Domingo. You will find one of these on just about every block in the tourist section.

95twth.jpg

s6ugoy.jpg

1nz91t.jpg

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Meet the sidewalks of Gazcue, Santo Domingo. You will find one of these on just about every block in the tourist section.

95twth.jpg

s6ugoy.jpg

1nz91t.jpg

Typical way of going against the grain here on DR1 from the selected group!

Care to tell me where in the world this does NOT happens?

Need pictures to help you recall?

You're just painting it as if this was what you'll see everywhere about the city, which is far from the truth!

You can even see the hole was created by broken water pipes... Another aspect is that you call it the tourist zone, when in reality 90% of the old city area is peppered with sewers and caves from the time of the city's foundation, back some 500 years ago... Just covering the hole with some tar and paving it won't cut it! If you care to see a bit more carefully they picture you posted, you can spot the bricks under all that pavement. That's the original road from hundreds of years back in time.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
potholes_chicago-300x199.jpg

image.jpg

nyc_pothole.jpg

PotholeNYC.jpg

nyc-pothole.jpg
images

062411pothole.jpg

pothole-east-london-street.jpg
car-in-hole003.jpg

car-in-a-hole-lead.jpg

article-0-07DC2B1B000005DC-317_468x347.jpg

Guess where?

Typical response when faced with reality or the truth.......

Flush another country down the toilet, throw another country under the Bus....WEAK...

You'll never get it, I'm not sayn anything bad about the DR, I love it there!!!

Just KEEP IT REAL, and the pictures you post only tell half of the story, I get it, PROGRESS.......

But with your train of thought, all Barios will cease to exist....(along with poor people).......ahhh......by the year 2023??

And the Island will be filled with brand new (empty) malls.....high rise Condos, more fast food joints than the USA, rich people stroling merrily, shopping their days away.

I just think you conveniently forget a whole demographic, regarding areas and population, and the picture you paint is deceiving....

Great photos, but show the other side of the tracks once in a while......

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.....Care to tell me where in the world this does NOT happens?

Need pictures to help you recall?..............
Yes, this happens all over the world but the major difference is the pot holes get repaired whereas in Gazcue these same potholes remain for years. The first picture it took a little over two months to repair that pothole.

..............You're just painting it as if this was what you'll see everywhere about the city, which is far from the truth!..............
Don't think so, you're doing a pretty good job at that.

FYI, I love coming to the DR but like previously mentioned, let's keep it real..................

coreano24

Dec 9, 2011
I don't understand all the flack Pichardo gets when he posts pictures. I understand that y'all think he paints a very one-sided view of the DR, but what's the problem with that? Is he some official in the Ministry of Tourism or Economics whose views carry some substantial impact?

I don't think he's dumb enough to think the DR is all cherry's and roses, it just looks like he's just a dude posting pictures that he likes. I don't understand why he's necessarily held accountable to "keeping it real" in his photo collections. If he's into only posting beautiful pics of DR (no matter how 1-sided), I think that's totally his prerogative.

Personally, I usually enjoy his photo collections and definitely appreciate the time/effort he puts into putting them together!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Yes, this happens all over the world but the major difference is the pot holes get repaired whereas in Gazcue these same potholes remain for years. The first picture it took a little over two months to repair that pothole.

Don't think so, you're doing a pretty good job at that.

FYI, I love coming to the DR but like previously mentioned, let's keep it real..................

Yeah right!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Typical response when faced with reality or the truth.......

That's exactly what I say about your lot here on DR1, plenty, too many instances faced with the reality on both black/while + color...

Your point is the same each time, as if when people post pictures of Japan (which leaves NYC and London looking like a poor man's joke for a metropolis) they do so of the back alleys and over saturated electrical wires that are worst than what you can find in the whole DR put together...

The whole point is that you're a sorry as hell group, that can only wish to have been born a Dominican!

Pa k te duela!

LOL!!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I agree. Pichardo has been good enough to post some wonderful pics. Why can't we just leave it at that? I can show you tons of ghettos in any major (or minor, for that matter) U.S. city, but I'd rather look at pics of touristy Buckhead in Atlanta than trashy Bankhead.

It doesn't mean I don't have a sense of perspective, it just means I like looking at nice pictures.

Well, for my part, thanks Pichardo, those pics were a very nice way of starting my weekend.

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
Sometimes it is best not to say what you are thinking and appreciate what is given to you in silence if you find a 'Thankyou' is out of your vocabulary.
The craving of attention brings down such a nice refreshing outlook to Santo Domingo. There are some wonderful snaps in Pichardos entry, appreciate it for what it is and forget the confrontation for once, yes we all know there are potholes and some dangerous obstacles in the capital, we don't need that fact pointed out to us thankyou.

Buy a gamboy if your fingers must be doing something!

(excuse my outburst but some posters put a lot of effort into spoiling really good entries, it is annoying)