phoca_thumb_l_guavaberry-juandolio.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_hole_7_la_cana_golf_course_at_puntacana_resort__club.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aerial_dye_fore_course.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_playa__grande__golf_course-_puerto_plata.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_roco_ki_punta_cana.jpg

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
That's exactly what I say about your lot here on DR1, plenty, too many instances faced with the reality on both black/while + color...

Your point is the same each time, as if when people post pictures of Japan (which leaves NYC and London looking like a poor man's joke for a metropolis) they do so of the back alleys and over saturated electrical wires that are worst than what you can find in the whole DR put together...

The whole point is that you're a sorry as hell group, that can only wish to have been born a Dominican!

Pa k te duela!

LOL!!

You put no effort into compiling these photos in any cohesive order, and don't tell us which part of the city we're looking at.

You cut and paste from the internet and don't credit the photographers. Lucky for us some of the photos have the names of the person whose work it is.

Just because you're one of the few to post such montages doesn't mean you should not be criticized for doing a poor job of it.

Think about that next time you get defensive.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
LOL have a drink everyone and relax. Great photos, although some of them are a little 'idealistic', but that's okay. why not put photos forward that show the city in it's best light? For example 27 de Feb photo is probably on a Sunday 8am because on weekdays it looks like a ZOO, or more like 'SEAWORLD' when it rains! lol.

lluvia%2Bsanto%2Bdomingo1.jpg

1.jpg

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
PICHARDO is not gonna be thrilled that you posted those pics, so he will most likely throw five random countries under the Bus, I'm sure the USA will be one of them.

Basically sayn, other countries have the same problems, and that will be pretty much his argument....

And then, and ONLY then will he be able to get a good nights sleep.......

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Roco Ki.... Pity this place is now a wasteland.

Noooo Robert! The part of the residential areas of the Roco Ki was what went south...

The golf club is doing brisk biz so far!

Simply put many expats and foreigners came to invest using their country's idea of how things are done here. In the DR must projects get done as the buyers pour in their payments to the actual works. When no new buyers come in, the project gets halted until enough buyers are found. Much the same way as people build their homes here, as money pours in, you build it.

rocoki.jpg

rokoki20.jpg

rokoki19.jpg

rokoki17.jpg

rokoki15.jpg

rokoki14.jpg

rokoki13.jpg

rokoki11.jpg

rokoki10.jpg

rokoki7.jpg

rokoki6.jpg

rokoki3.jpg

rokoki.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Did you take all of these photos?

If not why haven't you credited the photographer or the website that supplied the photos?

Copyright and intellectual property rights theft is still theft and the person who does it is still a thief.

In many cases, the website does not even know the source of the original photos.
They are just doing what PICHARDO is doing.

Until I see an email from someone complaining that their photo has been used etc, then I have ZERO issues with PICHARDO or others posting photos. Of course, if I personally know the source of a photo being posted by someone, then I will mark it as such or remove the photo.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Not according to golfers I know that live in Punta Cana.

I hear that it has become a strong attraction used by the Moon Palace/Hard Rock complex to woo golfers into buying packages! That's from the tally in the tourism sector. By itself the complex is NOT operational as it was designed due to the lack of financial funds and all, but the external factors as mentioned has made a lot of good impact to keep the green and surrounds taken care of.

Private golfers have a hard time than how the hotel and resorts make use of it. They bring everything they need with them and take it as well when they leave. Something private golfers can't duplicate, hence why they say what they say!

Roco Ki will nevertheless get done, but not according to how fast it was envisioned by the founders. They made the monumental mistake of using the external investment model to secure buyers, and never made plans for hiccups like slow sales. External investment models call for the buyer to place a set down payment and a full disbursement when the facilities are delivered. This is quite the contrary to the investment/construction model employed by the founders, which was and still is exactly the one used in the DR: Build as you go with the buyer's funds 75%...

ScotiaBank refused to follow the investment model of the DR in this large scale project and pulled the carpet on the Westin Roco ki funds. So too in the part of private investors using their own property overseas to secure their loans, most from the US and Canada as well as the UK and France.