Men in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
rmary said:
Okay, A lot of times that may look like "I am in charge" but that is not the reality. We are both in charge.

Rose

This is an impossible statement. Only one person can be in charge. If Sampson and Delilah were both in charge he would have never got that haircut. If Eisenhower and Charles de Gaulle were both in charge we would have never invaded on D-Day. If Bill and Hillary were both in charge we would have never heard of Monica.

Two people can not be in charge at the same time. In all really important matters only one can be in charge. The one who makes the final decision. (even if you both agreed)

Charlie

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
It's true that the men were a little out of it and the women were in charge, at least in the background, in these sitcoms, but I see the same thing when I look at pretty much all of my family!! Every relationship has give and take, not everyone can be in charge all the time.

And AZB, I wouldn't be caught dead in polyester...

cjbrooks

Mar 21, 2004
return of a male chauvenist pig

Talk about male chauvenist pig - AZB

I am equal to my boyfriend, work like him, earn the same as him why should I then come home from work, cook, clean and be a sex slave for him?

We have a 50/50 relationship, if I cook, he washes up, if I do the food shopping, he puts it away etc.

Surely this is the way relationships should be? we love and respect each other and generally have a great time supporting and helping each other and leaving plenty of time to focus on making each other happy.
I can' understand how any man could be happy with some-one who isn't on a intellectual level with themselves and who acts like a servant, no, I take that back, I momentarily forgot just how shallow some men can be.

Their loss...........

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Uffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!

AZB said:
You traitor, who's side are you on?
I hope (my dear friend miguelito) you won't end up like the guy who would be holding the purse of your dear lady in the colinas mall? I hope I never get to see that day. I perfer a million ants crawling all over my body before I get to see this. Please stop feeding the ego of these women lib. activists. They all want their men to become miguels. I won't allow that and I will save you. Don't worry, you have a friend in santiago.
AZB (anti-women lib activist).
Man, I truly can not wait to get home. The holl that I will rip you will be so big that it will take 3,000 stitches to close. Maybe not as big as the one you have now, but big nontheless!!, hehe. Hurry up 4pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wannago

May 27, 2004
adrianb said:
Have you ever noticed the role of men as portrayed on tv (and pretty much as well, in real life) in the USA?

In virtually any american sitcom, the guy is always a bit out of it, and the woman is in charge, keeping the family together and things running

- married with children
- everyone loves raymond
- the simpsons
- that 70's show
- the cosby show

Maybe I'm reading something that isn't there, but I have noticed this, and much more from living in the DR. Personally I think women's lib has gone too far in the US, and thats probably reflected on american TV.

What do you think?

Adrian

I think the male (most of the time a white male) is the only thing left that we can poke fun at without having it be called discrimination. I think its a shame that that's what we see on the comedy shows. Making the male look stupid and the woman riding in to save the day, showing once again how stupid men are.

Here at my house I am still the submissive one. My husband said so..

deb

Wannago

May 27, 2004
adrianb said:
Not true. How much time have you actually spent in the DR? Are you another goatfarmnga?

The women I work with here are fantastic! They're dynamic, smart, on top of their work and they get things done. If anything, I notice men in the DR can be less thorough in their work than the women.

I don't want a woman who is just staying at home, doing the ironing while I'm out in the world. I absolutely respect women who are successful and can get things done.

But the dynamic here feels very different to the US. I can't quite put my finger on it - but I think those television shows are a pretty interesting example.

Adrian

Ok... Just a "stay at home mom" is a very important role, as I am one. :) I also pay all the bills, run the checkbook, do all the laundry and cooking, cleaning, taking care of three boys and help farm 400 acres. But my husband is still the head of the household and never would we make him out to be stupid as what people see on sitcoms around the world. I just wonder if people in other countries think that is the typical american male... ?

deb

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Hurry

miguel said:
Man, I truly can not wait to get home.

Hurry home, this should be good! Work, I bet you are at the mall right now and we will not hear from you untill shopping hours are over.

Charlie

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sure!!

chuckuindy said:
Hurry home, this should be good! Work, I bet you are at the mall right now and we will not hear from you untill shopping hours are over.

Charlie
So true. I can't now because I am glued at the tv because a very beloved president of the US has just passed away: Mr Ronald Reagan, may God rest his soul!!.

By the way "a very great man that has been treating me with respect and love for over 50 years"; Nancy Reagan, his wife.

Last edited:

pati

Feb 3, 2004
adrianb said:
Not true. How much time have you actually spent in the DR? Are you another goatfarmnga?

The women I work with here are fantastic! They're dynamic, smart, on top of their work and they get things done. If anything, I notice men in the DR can be less thorough in their work than the women.

I don't want a woman who is just staying at home, doing the ironing while I'm out in the world. I absolutely respect women who are successful and can get things done.

But the dynamic here feels very different to the US. I can't quite put my finger on it - but I think those television shows are a pretty interesting example.

Adrian
I haven't spent a lot of time in DR and when I'm in DR I don't really bother with the women. I have however spent enough time with Dominican women here in the states that were born and bread in DR, women who came to the U.S. as adults. I don't even bother with them anymore. I can barely have a 5 minute conversation with them but yet I can talk to their husbands for hours.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
A sad day

miguel said:
So true. I can't now because I am glued at the tv because a very beloved president of the US has just passed away: Mr Ronald Reagan, may God rest his soul!!.

By the way "a very great man that has been treating me with respect and love for over 40 years"; Nancy Reagan, his wife.

It is a sad day for American and the world. Mr. Reagan was one of the greatest of our presidents. His contributions to stoping the cold war and the fall of the Berlin wall will alwasy be remembered.

Charlie

pati

Feb 3, 2004
AZB said:
Women think they know everything. The only women who take charge in the house is because their husband is a sissy. They carry your purse around in the mall.

You see as far as I'm concerned this is what seperates the MEN from the BOYS. A REAL MAN wouldn't worry about what other people think. He is secure and confident. So if he can give the one he loves a helping hand, he will.

[/QUOTE]
Let me put it this way, you American women are more aggressive than productive. Ex: You have no idea how to shop for a car or even guess what?s under the hood. You buy a car for style and color not for reliability. Know nothing about the track history of any model. You have no clue. You pay a lot for repairs because you get over charged. You girls even pay more for the same car as men in a dealer ship. AZB[/QUOTE]

I bought my own car and I know two guys who have the same car. Both of them told me I got a really good deal. When I went to the auto show a year later I saw my car. As I was looking at it someone asked me if I liked the car and I told them I already have one. When I told them what I paid, they said I got a good deal. I did research on my car and guys at my job have even asked me car related questions because they knew how much research I was doing. So maybe the women you've dealt with can't handle their business but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
cjbrooks said:
Talk about male chauvenist pig - AZB

I am equal to my boyfriend, work like him, earn the same as him why should I then come home from work, cook, clean and be a sex slave for him?
We have a 50/50 relationship, if I cook, he washes up, if I do the food shopping, he puts it away etc.
I can' understand how any man could be happy with some-one who isn't on a intellectual level with themselves and who acts like a servant, no, I take that back, I momentarily forgot just how shallow some men can be.

Their loss...........

Trust me dear, its not our loss, I say you can all stay in USA, we are perfectly happy here with our dominicanas who clean, serve and give us all the loving we can handle. I mean, if I have to eat and then worry about washing dishes and cleaning the table after the dinner, how is that going to make my life easier after marriage? Hell no, you women deserve the man you got, you are useless to us. In fact I think any man who settles for that while living in DR is a fool. I can understand, the rules are different in USA, but some of us live in DR and we like the rules just the way they are.
Can you please tell us what car you bought? Were you happy the sales man told you that you had bought a nice car and at a good price? hahaha, what did you espect him to say? Besides, you really think the guys at your work have the balls to tell you that you made a stupid decision when you bought that model at that price? No way, you have bought it and they will make you feel good about your car. Maybe you really did get lucky. I hope so.
Now talking about an intellectual woman who can talk to you on the same level? Hahahahaha, Ok. So you think you are intellectual. Ok....
AZB

pati

Feb 3, 2004
AZB said:
Can you please tell us what car you bought? Were you happy the sales man told you that you had bought a nice car and at a good price? hahaha, what did you espect him to say? Besides, you really think the guys at your work have the balls to tell you that you made a stupid decision when you bought that model at that price? No way, you have bought it and they will make you feel good about your car. Maybe you really did get lucky. I hope so.
Now talking about an intellectual woman who can talk to you on the same level? Hahahahaha, Ok. So you think you are intellectual. Ok....
AZB

Read my post again. I said two guys that have the same car. I did not say those are the guys I work with. Sounds to me like your just a bitter person. Lucky for me it doesn't matter if you think I got a good deal or not, I know I didn't pay anymore for my car then my guy friends. I never claimed I was the smartest woman in the world. But, I have the ability to have a conversation about things other than hair care products, clothes and shoes and decorating my house, if I so choose. Just remember no matter how happy you are in DR with your superficial women. Those of us in the U.S. and Canada are even happier with our confident, competent, sharing and loving MEN.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
A new hole for you!!!

AZB said:
Women think they know everything. The only women who take charge in the house is because their husband is a sissy. They carry your purse around in the mall. Let me put it this way, you American women are more aggressive than productive. Ex: You have no idea how to shop for a car or even guess what’s under the hood. You buy a car for style and color not for reliability. Know nothing about the track history of any model. You have no clue. You pay a lot for repairs because you get over charged. You girls even pay more for the same car as men in a dealer ship. You still have no clue. You pay a lot more for dry cleaning ex: a man's shirt is far more difficult to iron as compared to your tiny little blouse yet we pay 1 dollar for wash and iron for our huge shirt and you women pay as much as 3 dollars for your tiny polyester blouse. Your clothes cost more yet they are made up of polyester and other cheap material. You pay more for the style and colors and get zero quality. Men clothes have quality and durability. Men seek quality fabric and good tailoring. All in all, you women make bad to idiotic choices and stick by it even when you are proven wrong. You never admit your faults and men simply don't want the hassle and daily aggravations.
When it comes to voting, you women vote not for what the candidate stands for (past history) but for his looks and his cheap words.
You women have put so much fear in to men in working environment that no one wants to say anything more than good morning or good night for the sake of being accused of sexual harassment.
Now that you women have gotten (unfairly) equal rights, you all want to take over the country and the world. I see how you women suck at your jobs in USA ex: police, fire-woman (?) etc. Yes, there are some women who deserve the true recognition ex: women pilots , doctors, politicians and women who have achieved other historic tasks in their times but the rest of these so called women lib. extremists are all full of sh*t. They haven't proven a thing in this society yet they claim full credit for doing nothing.

Women have been encouraged to be aggressive because the law seem to be on your side. You know this advantage and use it as weapon.
I can even go deeper in to this issue but I am afraid some of you won't get it. All I have to say is this: why is it that the entertaining media, magazines and Hollywood portraying women as in charge of the house and show men to be so wimpy? Now ask yourself, who controls this industry?
AZB
1- Where does it say that if a man does not take control of the house he is a sissy?. I don't know with whom you have been hanging out with, my Pakistani hermano, but I LOVE a female that would take care of the house. Maybe I am one of the few that believes that, for a marriage to work, both partners have to share EVERYTHING 50-50. 2- I am proud to say that I am a "pulse carrier, flowers buyer, candles buyer, petals on the floor, bags carrier, kiss on the hand, chair puller and a door opening" kind of guy. It has nothing to do with being a sissy, it has to do with knowing that if you care for someone, you need to show that person that you do. You have to treat that person as good as you would like that person to treat you, if not much better. If being sweet, caring, loving and making my darling feel like a queen 24/7 makes me a sissy, then I am the BIGGEST SISSY ALIVE, and I love every second of it!!!. 3- As I stated before, I really do not know with whom you have been hanging with but most of the women I had the pleasure to be with, were women that were very independent, know how to keep a home, were able to research for a car, a home, balance a checkbook, pay all the bills and were very good at it!. Hell, my darling makes me look like a punk!!. Before you ask me how come I am not with them, easy, I am very picky and just because one knows how to take care of the house or buy a car, male or female, does not mean that the person is perfect, just like you and I are not perfect!!. All your rambling about women not knowing how to shop for a car, buy clothes and pay for repair are just a product of the people that you know. My fricking brother, up to this date, mind you he is 50, does not know if his mortgages and bills are being paid, his wife is the one that have been taking care of all the house responsabilities, while raising 2 kids, for years and years (20 years, I believe). Guess who buys his cars here and in the DR?, she does!.
If you dislike women so much and have such a low opinions of them, why do you like like to be around them. They way you say things, I really do not know how come you don't go out with men if you think that we are God's give to women, hehe.
The sitcoms that were quoted were comedies, and it's true that in most comedies, the men are portrayed as being less than men, but what about shows like Hunter, SCI, Law And Order, and even going as far as Sanford And Son, or even Dark Shadows!!
I, for one, do not want a women that will be a "zero to the left" and not be able to even open an envelope. Not only that I would not stand for it, but it's not a turn on. I like to take care of them but it's better to take care of someone that is independent because I do not want to think for someone else. As stated above, if trying to make someone feel wanted and loved makes me a sissy, guess what, I the sissies leader. Now, with whom do you think they would rather be with??

Ps: this is not a personal attack, just a reply to your statement. People are different and when people are different, they DO have a difference of opinions. In your mind you are right, and in my mind I am 100% right!!!!.

BTW, wait for the invitation, chuckyindy(Charlie is on board!!).

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Romantics

miguel said:
1- Where does it say that if a man does not take control of the house he is a sissy?.

Well it looks like Miguel likes to put his women on a pedestal, a pedestal so high he can look up their skirts. And what is this going to get him? As Tennessee Ernie Ford, said in the song 16 Tons, ?another day older and deeper in debt?. (Sorry you gen-x folks will have no idea who Ernie Ford was.) His heart will be broken into a thousand pieces; he will cry himself to sleep on many occasions, he will spend his money foolishly, (so some people will say), and he will neglect real world responsibilities. Why, because he is a romantic and in love again.

For those of us who are romantics it is a sickness that there is no cure for. We can not help the gut wrenching love that drives us to satisfy the one we love any way we can. There is no pill to kill our pain and no word to describe our ecstasy. It is not a mental illness, but one of the heart. Our only hope is to find one of our own and achieve real happiness.

For us romantics there is no rich or poor, no beauty or ugliness, no fat or thin, no sin or consequences, only the uncontrollable desire to give love and to receive it.

Take pity on us, you common people. The world is a big place and there are so few of us romantics left.

Charlie

cjbrooks

Mar 21, 2004
Gggggggooooooooo Miguel

I am from the UK not the USA as AZB seemed to think, maybe women who can do as much as men (buy a car for example without being ripped off - what centutry are you from AZB?) are spreading and it can only be for the good.

Miguel I salute you, I love being in an equal relationship with my boyfriend, but to have him send me flowers at work makes me feel special and feminine. On the other hand, he will come home after a 12 hour shift expecting a takeaway for his evening meal and he will come in to a candle lit steak dinner for two..........

I think a relationship you give your whole heart to, and make an effort to please the other person, so long as they do the same, is going the right way..

Caroline

jerrys

Dec 14, 2003
miguel said:
If being sweet, caring, loving and making my darling feel like a queen 24/7 makes me a sissy, then I am the BIGGEST SISSY ALIVE, and I love every second of it!!!.

THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION DO NOT WORK THIS WAY AT ALL!!!!! You're a complete MORON. Time to go back to DATING 101. You claim to have dated many women, but what I see here is a guy BEGGING FOR LOVE. You do not sound like a guy with much dating experience.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT LITTLE SISSY. If you treat your woman like a queen 24/7, it aint gonna work out in the long term. For a relationship to succeed, TENSION IS NECESSARY. Women are very attracted to men who are REAL MEN, NOT SISSY. Your woman appreciates your gifts and all you give her but DEEPLY SHE'S HIGHLY ATTRACTED to REAL MEN. (Guys like me ;) IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE SHE'S RIGHT NOW DAYDREAMING ABOUT THAT BAD BOY SHE MET AT THE MALL THE OTHER DAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE !!! Do not be SOOOO f*cking stupid in believing everything women say. What they say is completely different from what they REALLY DREAM ABOUT EVERYDAY.

LET ME TELL YOU HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK MINNI-ME . WOMEN MUST MAKE THEIR MEN FEEL LIKE THE KING. We're the providers, We're the leaders, we've got the dick and the CASH and WOMEN LOVE THIS!!!!!!! WOMEN LOVE GUYS WHO ARE IN CHARGE. NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!

cjbrooks

Mar 21, 2004
jerrys said:
THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION DO NOT WORK THIS WAY AT ALL!!!!! You're a complete MORON. Time to go back to DATING 101. You claim to have dated many women, but what I see here is a guy BEGGING FOR LOVE. You do not sound like a guy with much dating experience.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT LITTLE SISSY. If you treat your woman like a queen 24/7, it aint gonna work out in the long term. For a relationship to succeed, TENSION IS NECESSARY. Women are very attracted to men who are REAL MEN, NOT SISSY. Your woman appreciates your gifts and all you give her but DEEPLY SHE'S HIGHLY ATTRACTED to REAL MEN. (Guys like me ;) IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE SHE'S RIGHT NOW DAYDREAMING ABOUT THAT BAD BOY SHE MET AT THE MALL THE OTHER DAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE !!! Do not be SOOOO f*cking stupid in believing everything women say. What they say is completely different from what they REALLY DREAM ABOUT EVERYDAY.

How old are you? 19? Still thinking D**k rules all?

Good luck matey, the kind of woman you will get will never be there for the long haul (been there done that, regret the memory), we all grow out of guys like you and love and appreciate guys like Miguel ( and no I don't know him, am not part of his fan club) but can appreciate a man who can respect without being intimidated by a woman.

When you get too old for your barbie doll lovers you will be also too old to attract any one who you could actually have an equal relationship with....
Unless you're loaded, then you will alaways have some-one who will pretend to love you, but you will never have a real woman who really loves you.

jerrys

Dec 14, 2003
AZB said:
Trust me dear, its not our loss, I say you can all stay in USA, we are perfectly happy here with our dominicanas who clean, serve and give us all the loving we can handle. I mean, if I have to eat and then worry about washing dishes and cleaning the table after the dinner, how is that going to make my life easier after marriage? Hell no, you women deserve the man you got, you are useless to us. In fact I think any man who settles for that while living in DR is a fool. I can understand, the rules are different in USA, but some of us live in DR and we like the rules just the way they are.
AZB

This morning, I met 6 californians girls at the beach. We started to talk, we chatted a little, joking, etc.... After a while, when the time came to ask for phone numbers, emails, I just told myself. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. I'M OUT OF THIS. The girls looked like they wanted me to ask them for their phone numbers. As I left, the leader of the pack gave me her phone number and email on a small card. ( I later gave that card to a Sanky that I know)
Hopefully, THEY'LL FALL IN LOVE !!!! ;) )))

I said GOODBYE and kept on swimming. 15 mns later, I meet two GORGEOUS girls from Jarabacoa. SWEET VOICE, CHARMING, QUIET, CUTE SMILE, THE WHOLE PACKAGE. I make EYE CONTACT, SMILE, talk with them, chat a little bit, joking, etc...They asked for my numbers and emails. I shared mine.

I HAVE COUNTLESS PHONE NUMBERS OF GRINGAS AND DOMINICANAS.
AND GUESS WHO GETS MY CALLS ?

DOMINICANAS ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Miguel, please choose a tag line for "jerrys" and I will change his current one.

Anything you want, preferably something that highlights his feminine side.

Gender Reassignment Expert
Trannie Lover
Don?t call me pink?

Something along those lines would be fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.