Migas? Ants? Whatever you call them

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've always used Boric acid mixed with powdered sugar.

They won't go for the Boric acid by itself, but they love it with powdered sugar.

They'll disappear completely in a day or two. If the pets get to it, it's harmless.

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Fumigation is effective against larger creepy crawlies but will only do so much to eliminate hormigas (ants). We have the same problem - they are devilishly difficult to prevent, but the problem can be minimised by keeping surfaces clear of migas (crumbs).

I have found that Mopping and cleaning counters with heavily bleached water has the ants gone, even the insects on they're backs . Threw the pail when done on my stone patio . Nothing moving now .Worked for me . Of course I have no pets .

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
Help.  Thanks in advance.

Fresh brewed coffee grinds-works like a charm-put them in a little bowl in the area where the ants are coming in. They absolutely can't stand the odor.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Try mistoline, they won't go on surfaces wiped with this, it helps a lot on countertops etc

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
My mom says that she saw on line that Baby Powder works. She told me she tried it and no more ants. Amazing how some simple home products can be cross used, and at a cheaper and in this case safer way.
I once saw something on line stating 17 uses for WD-40. Another cheap fix.