Mitchell report...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
IslandDreaming,

my point was that in this day and age no one should be above suspicion for performing incredible feats. All I was acccounting for is doubt, which has nothing to do with the type of human being, friend, family man and philanthropist the athlete in question is.

Why do I say this? To illustrate the flip side of the coin, which means that if you believe an athlete(in general, ANY athlete-not speaking of Walter specifically) is above reproach simply because he is a decent person and a pillar of his community, then it makes it that much easier to vilify someone whom we do not like as much.

And that's not fair. Besides, if you take away my right to doubt, well, that is just un-american in my book...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:(Joking, please!!! See the smiley faces?)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Extra Large Papi?

We all joke about the body changes for Sosa, Bonds, etc? ESPN or HBO's Bob Costas, I forget which, is running a feature on Ortiz. See the variance in body style from Minnesota to Boston yourself. It's on video there.

Re: Mitchell. It is very interesting that they based much of this report on the words of two NY baseball trainers, out of 30 teams???

So, you mean Selig couldn't get a former or current Milwaukee Brewers trainer to speak up???

You mean Mr. Red Sox Director, Mitchell, couldn't get a former or current Boston trainer to contribute???

I mean, both of these men are the ultimate insiders with the clout to get people to speak. Trainers AREN'T under the player's union. They CHOSE not to expand the focus past these two trainer dudes and Balco. Southern California was a haven for this stuff. Not in this report.
I haven't seen the feature on Ortiz, but just from memory, and I did actually follow him while playing in Minnesota, I don't see any change in his body. He's always been big.

Mitchell didn't have subpoena power, no inside clout is going to get someone to spill the beans. The two NY trainers were connected to the pharmacy providers no? That's where all the detailed records come from; checks, cc#'s and shipping receipts. The players that did speak are what brought them to attention.

Again, it's laughable you find collusion and conspiracy against the MFY in all of this.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Let's see who knows what about baseball here on Dr1.

Name the player who was one of if not the first to initiate this craze of muscling up in professional baseball. He had an article written about him years ago in Sports Illustrated about the changes his body went through thanks to weightlifting.

And yes, he did see an increase in his statistics which has been attributed to his
bulking up.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is "Patient Zero" in terms of opening the floodgates to the steroid abuse we have seen for the last however many years.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Let's see who knows what about baseball here on Dr1.

Name the player who was one of if not the first to initiate this craze of muscling up in professional baseball. He had an article written about him years ago in Sports Illustrated about the changes his body went through thanks to weightlifting.

And yes, he did see an increase in his statistics which has been attributed to his
bulking up.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is "Patient Zero" in terms of opening the floodgates to the steroid abuse we have seen for the last however many years.

Brian Downing of the California Angels???

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Good guess Tone

My guess would be Ken Caminiti.

I don't get to see a SI very often.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Sports are just a form of entertainment. The Politicians are just whores trying to get headlines. Maybe they should force the Screen Actors Guild to screen for drugs, actors are role models. Why stop there, drug screen singers, start with Britney Spears. Ban them from performing if they test positive. These political whores are just wasting tax dollars for their own fame and the monies could be much better spend in other anti drug programs. When BS like this makes the front pages of newspapers its a slap in the face to the real important issues that are being smokescreened. It just proves how stupid the average voter is.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Sports are just a form of entertainment. The Politicians are just whores trying to get headlines. Maybe they should force the Screen Actors Guild to screen for drugs, actors are role models. Why stop there, drug screen singers, start with Britney Spears. Ban them from performing if they test positive. These political whores are just wasting tax dollars for their own fame and the monies could be much better spend in other anti drug programs. When BS like this makes the front pages of newspapers its a slap in the face to the real important issues that are being smokescreened. It just proves how stupid the average voter is.

Luperon, you mixed my favorite 2 topics into one-politics...and whores...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
next MLB will be looking at substances brought into the US by foreign players that are not banned in their country.
i hear there's some pretty good veternarians out there...:ermm:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Los dos.

Maybe. I thought he played for the White Sox though.
He played for both teams....Started with Philadelphia and ended his career in Chicago.

Good player.

Did he used any steriod?....Only him and God know.