Morality Question

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
"Do you men do everything to please your woman? "

did she buy me a house? buy me a car? how about letting me sit at home watching the soaps all day while she works..

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
"What I find really sad is the admitted men on this board that have to pay to get sex. Especially the married ones...you obviously didn't marry the right women."

Its mainly in western (Christian) culture and only been a few hundred years that men have been forced into monogamy.

Traditionally men who could afford it had several wives/concubines....

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Jane J.

I am from the current era, where marriage no longer makes ANY sense for a man in the US. He signs over ALL his rights the day he gets married...

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Because all men make great amounts of money and all women are lazy layabouts? Why not just say that marriage makes no sense to YOU and that all YOUR female counterparts are gold-digging piranhas.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
trina said:
What I find really sad is the admitted men on this board that have to pay to get sex. Especially the married ones...you obviously didn't marry the right women.

!

When I was 12 my father tol me: "All women are prostitutes until you marry them. Then they are your wife!" It wsn't until my early 20's that I realized that he was right.

All men pay for it one way or the other. Sex with no strings attached is very rare indeed.

Tony C.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Actually, the contrary... My wife is a wonderful dominican woman who is precisely the opposite of most gold digging american woman...

I never said that all woman are lazy, just that the american system is no longer balanced ... They want equal rights, but they dont want equal responiblities that come with it. They dont want to give up the rights they had under the old system of "chivalry".

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Tony C., nice of your father to pass along his dirty, low opinion of women onto his son...shows absolutely no respect what-so-ever.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No one has answered my question! How good are you men at pleasing a woman? I'll tell you something if you were really good, she would stop cleaning, washing ect. and find time.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Tony C is right....

Marriage is an agreement stating that the woman sticks with the man for life and the man supports her for life...

resources traded for sex..... if that isnt prostitution, what is?

BTW...This doesn't imply the relationship is that shallow, just that the contract is....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
And how many women out there make more than their husband does and supports him?????

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Tony C[/B] said:
Just because a group publishes some "research" does not make it true.
Most definitely. That's why in a debate people point their sources, so others can read them, analyze them and debunk them if appropriate. Just show me better sources and I'll considerate it. In the meantime I will not have a discussion over a "he sez". I repeat, your personal beliefs and anecdotical information is not enough.

All the posts above this can be answered with this question: Are men unsuspecting, unwilling partners in a marriage? I am really dissapointed that self-confessed wimps are the same people who advocate for more freedom. Obviously nothing comes no-strings-attached in life. There is no such thing, and if a man does not feel like getting married I see no problem in leaving a woman who insists, it happens everyday, both ways.

Pib did you ever think your husband might want to engage in one of the above or some other aspect of sex that you are not into. Should he be able to have the experience just because you wont provide it? That is where prostitutes come in.
Change of heart? Two pages ago you advocated against prostitution. Let's see what happens in two more pages. Furthermore, my personal practices are irrelevant in this discussion. So are yours.

Last edited:

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Anna Coniglio said:
No one has answered my question! How good are you men at pleasing a woman? I'll tell you something if you were really good, she would stop cleaning, washing ect. and find time.

I do my job just fine, thank you very much... But this really isnt about me and my relationship, its about the institution of marriage in general....

As I said earlier, she isnt providing the house, the bed, the car, the food, the insurance or just about anything else.... The debt is NOT in her favor....

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
trina said:
And how many women out there make more than their husband does and supports him?????

In that case I absolutely think that the man had better take care of her needs, including the cooking and cleaning and child care too...

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Pib said:
Are men unsuspecting, unwilling partners in a marriage?

Yes... many are... including myself. Thankfully I married a good woman. Our mothers harass us to get married. Girlfriends manipulate us to get married... By the time we get to that age, we are so preconditioned to think that marriage is what we have to do, we just do it.....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Only the ones that married their Dominican Sankies.

I cannot believe how antiquated your beliefs are, and how little respect one can have for women. I'll have to tell that to my friends Lisa (who is a Production Accountant, married to a construction worker) and Nadine (a real estate agent, married to a teacher). I bet you $1000 they don't even know they married sankies! I must inform them. Personally, I cannot speak for those married to a sanky, because I didn't marry one. However, many women have better-paying jobs than their husbands, and therefore, are the breadwinners in their family. When a couple doesn't want someone else to raise their children, sacrifices need to be made.

Welcome to the 90's, boys!

Last edited: