Motos with no damn lights.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Next time you see a video or live, a dismembered body of local moto-maniacs. Remember they decided they do not care about their own lives or have enough brain cells to understand what they are doing, remember they dont care if they cause fatalities to others. This is a video in the tunnel leading to SDQ airport.
https://youtu.be/aX5qmIPzV8k

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
529970_10151207722551413_255581847_n.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Next time you see a video or live, a dismembered body of local moto-maniacs. Remember they decided they do not care about their own lives or have enough brain cells to understand what they are doing, remember they dont care if they cause fatalities to others. This is a video in the tunnel leading to SDQ airport.
https://youtu.be/aX5qmIPzV8k
If one of those twats crashes in front of me I won't even call 911, I'll just weave around the body parts

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Its way more complicated than just no brains. I do not claim to understand the moto craziness one bit. It is too widespread to be just dumb. I know some smart Dominicans who drive nuts. It may be part of a macho culture thing. Imagine if the Dominican riders were up on hi speed crotch rockets. Now there would be some spectacular crashes. If you like bike wreck videos Utube has some ungodly horrible smashes. I have ridden for years in the US and I could not watch the utube accidents, got to me after a few minutes.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
must be more than a few posters on here who have experience with the moto behavior on other Spanish or Latin cultures. Is it the same?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know about moto drivers, but other Latino/Hispanic car drivers seem to be just as stupid, wreckless, and inconsiderate as many here in the DR. One only has to go to Miami to see what I mean.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
As mentioned by others driving at night is risky. The decision to drive after dark needs to be carefully considered based on absolute need to do so as many of the hazardous situations you could encounter are beyond your control and ability to anticipate.

You just have to expect the unexpected. Hyper vigilant at all time to drive at night. I never had any problems.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I have always driven at night since first arriving here in 2007. Yes, it's very taxing as a combination of blinding high beams, cars and motos without any taillights or headlights, people crossing the road, etc. etc. makes for a lot of work and vigilance, but once you get used to it, not undo-able. Very tiring though.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For the cars that don't have "stadium lights", many go to the other extreme - just one headlight. I've had many a nasty shock, especially on narrow roads, when I think it's a moto coming towards me and it turns out to be a full width car, or even worse, truck.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
While maddening, motos and cell phones have done more to develop the economy and living standard of the country more than about any other thing...

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
My Espossa has car in her name, not mine..she drives not me.
Many times drinking is on the menu, we take a taxi.
One such day a motorcycle hit us head on, in Luperon, guy flipped right over the top of the car and the bike was rendered useless. Not night driving, head on in broad daylight. Dozens ran to the car to see who was driving ; not to check out the injured. Too bad no Lottery that day.
Life can be eventful, live smart , live long.

Russell

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
must be more than a few posters on here who have experience with the moto behavior on other Spanish or Latin cultures. Is it the same?

I have lived in Costa Rica, Colombia and Puerto Rico and driven across Mexico twice and it is nothing like the moto-maniacs in DR with the widespread brainless antics. A little better traffic police and more mature drivers in those countries - but yes they have some turds too.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

No. Fom a colombian perspective, they may be somewhat aggressive from my point of view, but NOTHING like dominican motos. And, both driver and passenger wear helmets.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You think they have better options? Could you elaborate if possible
Yeah fix and ride with lights on - not race with lights out in a tunnel at high speed weaving rapidly through traffic thinking it's a cool thing. If you race your moto without lights and no helmet don't expect me to have sympathy or help your retard-ass when you splatter yourself on the pavement - I can't be bothered.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
You think they have better options? Could you elaborate if possible

IMO he means when your working with an IQ less than 10, a brain that consist of 10% brain cells, the remainder mangu and salami mash. Its hard to process cause and effect, what lights are used for, need I go on.