Mr. Lu Rides a Motorcycle...

Gelmi-an

Aug 26, 2003
wake me up when you can ride your bike with a matress, two live chicken and propaine gas tank while talking on the cellphone.lol
i am just jk. good video, nice editing.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cobraboy nice video did I hear a little power shifting going on with you lol.
;)

You realize high performance motorcycles are designed to upshift without a clutch, right?

Actually after Lu got comfortable, here is us on a quiet, relaxed ride through the countryside:

[video=youtube;pnLQKK_gkJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnLQKK_gkJo[/video]

:cheeky:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Hey Lu, was this you on the autopista? (btw in mph not kmh)

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oqJbWiCxUc0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oqJbWiCxUc0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Let me know when you want to do a jaunt over the mountains to the north coast.

I have that same bike that does 220mph not 240.........they made it for 2 years and realized that too many lives were lost, whereas people could not handle it and they put a governor on it to make top speed...180mph............

The person in that video has a lot of experience and nerve, his front tire left the ground in 1st gear at about 60mph and didn't touch the ground again until he was going about 140mph............and if he was in a race, might have lost.........

Welcome to the bike world.........I have been riding off and on for 30 some years now and have had that bike for 10yrs now, love it, don't ride much anymore, but you have to have a lot of respect for it and not show off, or it will teach you respect.......

I have yet to give it full throttle and I have yet to have any younger men pull next to me and say...( hey old-head, lets see what it can do ) like they use to, when I was on my other fast bikes..........

The fastest I've ever been was around 140mph on that bike and a lot of times my friends would leave me in the dust, unless I had a young lady on the back, I was trying to impress......Then I was like Pepe LaPue.........

Too many have lost their lives to that quest to mention, so when friends say be safe.....they mean it........

So I say to all....

BE SAFE.....:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I have that same bike that does 220mph not 240.........they made it for 2 years and realized that too many lives were lost, whereas people could not handle it and they put a governor on it to make top speed...180mph............
20 minutes and a $500 ECU chip is all it takes to unleash a 'Busa. But you know that.

About everyone I know who have a 'Busa has done it. For the life of me I don't understand why. What extra thrill would you get at 240mph you don't get at 180mph on the street?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
;)

You realize high performance motorcycles are designed to upshift without a clutch, right?

Actually after Lu got comfortable, here is us on a quiet, relaxed ride through the countryside:

[video=youtube;pnLQKK_gkJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnLQKK_gkJo[/video]

:cheeky:

I watch the TT every now and then and know it's history and am honestly surprised that so few people have died, especially the spectators. I expect it will remain this way until the owners decide on investing money in making the track safer or a big accident happens involving spectators.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I got up to 105 mph on my Honda 750 and my front wheel started to float. Scared the crap out of me and I haven't gone over 85 mph since, on a motorcycle.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I got up to 105 mph on my Honda 750 and my front wheel started to float. Scared the crap out of me and I haven't gone over 85 mph since, on a motorcycle.

I got my VF500II up to around 155(the speedo buried, I watched the tach) on a downhill run West of Frankfurt on the autobahn and had no problems until I got off the bike and my hands would shake for a while.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007

My first bike over 30 yrs ago was a Honda 750-4 and it was too fast for me then, I got rid of it so I could get to be as old as I am right now, one of the best moves I ever made in my life, had a convertible Corvette and decided to be content with it.....

Did you notice what 100mph looked like when he was slowing down..........The ride is smooth and bike is big and heavy as far as crotch rockets go............and the reason I complimented the rider is because of the way his wheel landed on the ground at 140mph.............it rides like a real fast Caddy and is not that great taking turns, but unbelievably fast......I now know how slow my 750-4 Honda was...........:bunny:

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I took my Ninja Zx7r with a customized 9r motor up to 170mph!! And I will tell you brother, at that speed, your helmet visor sticks to your face, you are fighting to keep your head from being ripped off by the wind. It's hard to breath and the pressure you feel on your body is INTENSE at those maintained speeds. We will start counting "mississippi's" when we reached those speeds, because the time it will take you to reach the "TOP" speed is unreachable to 98% of the bike riders out there.

Now, to that video of a busa doing 240mph?@? I am still on the fence, if that video is REAL. It takes a while to reach those speeds, it's not quick.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I took my Ninja Zx7r with a customized 9r motor up to 170mph!! And I will tell you brother, at that speed, your helmet visor sticks to your face, you are fighting to keep your head from being ripped off by the wind. It's hard to breath and the pressure you feel on your body is INTENSE at those maintained speeds. We will start counting "mississippi's" when we reached those speeds, because the time it will take you to reach the "TOP" speed is unreachable to 98% of the bike riders out there.

Now, to that video of a busa doing 240mph?@? I am still on the fence, if that video is REAL. It takes a while to reach those speeds, it's not quick.

I spent about 20 min looking at videos of hayabusas on youtube at the racetrack and the turbo ones consistently do around 7 sec. 1/4 miles at 190 and the non turbo with the governor off or a commander are doing under 9 sec with little other mods.

While the stock hp is around 190 hp with a few modifications they are easily over 200 to 240 hp. With turbo added and other mods 300 plus hp is easily reachable. For those crazy enough 400 upwards to 700 hp is obtainable. This may not sound plausible but remember the motors are stock 1300 cc and can be bored out. As a comparison BMW F1 1400 cc engine of the 1980's was capable of producing 1400 hp for qualifying. Really probably the only thing preventing them from getting 1000 hp would be cooling issues.

700 Horsepower from Suzuki Hayabusa
BMW in motorsport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Oh, it's real. Maybe it's a Euro thing, but there is a whole cult of Turbo 'Busa guys who get 500+hp without much sweat.

The infamous Swedish "Ghost Rider" had a turbo 'Busa.

[video=youtube;Gx1CkPcICaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx1CkPcICaY[/video]

Some of them boys just ain't right. Know what I mean, Earnest?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I used to watch the ghost rider videos a few years ago. From what I read the guy either went to jail or bought it. For me it was the latter because he took just too many chances flying through traffic.

From what I heard many Florida law agencies enacted some years back a policy where the cops won't chase bikes for speeding and I can remember hearing them racing in the middle of night at close to top speed where I stayed at in Orlando which was right next to the 408.

It is a dangerous hobby to say the least. If you don't kill yourself going to fast there is always somebody willing to pull out in front of you at a moments notice. For that reason my Suzuki 1200 is parked in Orlando. Fortunately the DR is much, much different.

May 5, 2007

Put just one or two "wiggles" on the road and watch the desmo duke eat it's lunch

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

If a 7r with a 9r mill can do 170, imagine what a longer wheelbase, more streamlined 'Busa with a turbo/modded mill 400cc+ more can do.

There are stores everywhere about 240-260mph 'Busas.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If a 7r with a 9r mill can do 170, imagine what a longer wheelbase, more streamlined 'Busa with a turbo/modded mill 400cc+ more can do.

There are stores everywhere about 240-260mph 'Busas.

Oh yeah, I bet a Busa could reach speeds of 200+ But I don't know anyone, especially myself, could hold that bike while maintaining speeds of 200 and up! But Hey! If Anthony Hopkins can take a modified 1920 Indian Scout motorcycle to 205.67 mph, then hell, why not anybody esle? :)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
since we are on the subject.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sfvvab_4u_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Wow, what an idget, wearing shorts no less. He looms like he got away with little other than road rash. BTW, btdt and got the scars. Glad the Man upstairs was watching me. :)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Oh yeah, I bet a Busa could reach speeds of 200+ But I don't know anyone, especially myself, could hold that bike while maintaining speeds of 200 and up! But Hey! If Anthony Hopkins can take a modified 1920 Indian Scout motorcycle to 205.67 mph, then hell, why not anybody esle? :)
BEST MOVIE EVER!

I haven't ridden that fast, but some time on a Goldwing was like riding in a windless bubble. At those high speeds it is entirely possible...in fact, a design criteria...for the rider to feel no wind effect at all.